pete.w

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe you missed the part in the thread which we posted which says:

"Maybe I will investigate if I have aftermarket turbos, because if I have then I can go for my dream power of 500+, so fingers crossed then that you are all right!", or,

"Now I don't know much about supra engines and can only go on what paperwork we received and what was said when we bought the car...... Which leads me on to say thanks to RobSheffield, Imi and Michel Lane for the advice. I will look into the turbos and injectors when I find out how and post up the findings, I'm curious to know myself."

We are far from delusional and take on board and welcome the comments made by the more experienced owners on this forum, and as we have said we will look into the feedback given.

However I think that there is a right and wrong way of saying things, and some of the comments, and the way that they have been said on this post are not polite, and can be construde as being rude.

No one has to be a pro to know what is and isnt possible with simple stock turbos or hybrids for that matter.

The bottom line is you girl wrote that she had 470 bhp on stock so we said no thats not possible, to which your girl spat her dummy out and was not exactly polite herself. You then came on because obviously she had had enough and you dummy was spat out too. Your first post had attitude, and you dot expect a little back?

Im sorry that you believe your partnership is entirely innocent, in what in my opinion has not been a harsh thread what so ever?!come come

Wow!

I'm really sorry if I came accros as rude, that wasn't my intention.

To be honest I'm just fed up with seeing new/newish members being misled by tuning companies and was trying to point out some of the items you may have been mislead on.

I understand and taken on board your views - so lets forget all this and move on. I have posted pics up under new thread and would appreciated peoples comments on whether I have more mods than expected (waits with excitement)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=1260525#post1260525

After reading through this thread I can see how both Dragonlady's comments and other members comments could be misconstrued as being rude.

Either way no need for everyone to fall out. From what I can see this is very straight forward, the car is either more than BPU or the dyno was wrong.

Simple. ;)

Respect to your car

The 'concern' being shown in here is where you post up to encourage others that 'bpu at 1.1 bar' prodces 470 bhp, it simply does not.

The more knowledgeable members on here will tell you a million proven facts how a car with 440cc injectors and stock j spec turbos cant attain that sort of output....therefore two possible options remain...

1 - You have aftermarket turbos and larger injectors

2 - The RR is incorrect.

Either way no need for everyone to fall out. From what I can see this is very straight forward, the car is either more than BPU or the dyno was wrong.

Simple. ;)

I said that ages ago :p

just loged on and seen ive started a major upraw,sorry people.

does this meen i get a prize for the amount of replies i have;)

hope all is ok with all .thanks for the advice folks,bit confuzzed thou, pm me if more out there:blink:

With what are you confused mate?!

If you have any more questions, maybe start a new thread, have a look see if they had been asked and answered already and go from there :p

just loged on and seen ive started a major upraw,sorry people.

does this meen i get a prize for the amount of replies i have;)

hope all is ok with all .thanks for the advice folks,bit confuzzed thou, pm me if more out there:blink:

From what I've read, it's fairly simple :

To get 400-ish BHP, you can do it pretty cheaply with BPU.

To get 500-ish BHP, it will cost you a LOT - budget £10K, and it looks like you'd probably get change - but not much.

ye got it all thanks people,im starting a shopping list and looking through all the past posts .only kidding when i said confuzzed or am i ,no ,yes ,no yes see youve started me off again .:eyebrows:

i will start with the bassics ,de cat ect ect and see how she feels.

thanks again people .dont forget your all welcoe to use me ramp if avilable .

Although it's not relevant to me and my NA, I've actually found this thread pretty interesting. I've always heard / thought that the Supra was a cheap way to get lots of power. I didn't realise that BPU was the cutoff point and after that it becomes a lot more expensive.