Track day, no noise limit, Donington 27th Feb 2007

Chris Wilson

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats a pretty good price Wez, cheaper than what I got mine for. I tried Chris' source for the Pirellis and they would have been around £850 for stock sizes when I spoke to the guy, which was only £100 more than what I got my Toyos for (fitted) - tbh the only reason I didnt go for the Pirellis is the garage I usually go to wouldnt fit them for me :(

I think I will try them or the Cups next time as as Chris says, I dont think the Toyos would last more than 3 track days. But I'll be able to confirm this suspicion after the next one :)

Dont get me wrong tho, the Toyos were so grippy, and great for a first few track days. I'd still recommend them.

How long before these sell out do you recon?

I'm itching to press the book button.

the weather is always a risk at that time of year... but it's not often there is a no db limit!

*edit - I pressed the book button!

lets hope it stays dry...

and just how many people will they let into that particular track day? - I can't find an answer on the site...

About 36 or so. It's much more fun in the wet...

Well if you're worried about yourself take it to a track like Bedford where it doesnt matter if you get it wrong.

Most of the people at the day I went to drove like grannies in comparison and if you see someone catching up, just give them room to get by.

As soon as you get out there racing you'll know its just great fun and you'll relax and feel more confident about the whole set up as the laps add up.