Track day, no noise limit, Donington 27th Feb 2007

Chris Wilson

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MMM this is on my birthday and I havent had a decent birthday pressie in ages. I just booked it anyways and hope I have a car thats reliable enough to track on the day otherwise it'll be done in a range rover. :D I payed by paypal but its not showin up as me having any order history so I think maybe I have to wait for the adminners to sort it out tomorrow.

So is anyone confirmed yet ?

Quite a few on the provisional booking list (not paid up yet)

But I've done the deed - after all if you really need to you can still cancel pretty close and get most of your money back... when the long range forcast predicts floods!

I think there are 2 others paid, neither of them in sups though.

There is a chap in a caterham on the list called Mr Trilby. Wonder if he's from yorkshire?

I'll pay up when I get paid, and that's not until 25th January!

Just a quick one guys, thinking of shredding my current SportV tyres around the track (rear) as despite being new, I've never heard of them and they don't seem great!

Been looking at a new set of Michellin Pilot Sports, (not cup Chris) - are these any good? Also tempted by another Pirelli P-Zeros (got them on front).

Not sure. Profile for mine on the rear is 255/40/17. :)

Greg

Quite a few on the provisional booking list (not paid up yet)

But I've done the deed - after all if you really need to you can still cancel pretty close and get most of your money back... when the long range forcast predicts floods!

I think there are 2 others paid, neither of them in sups though.

There is a chap in a caterham on the list called Mr Trilby. Wonder if he's from yorkshire?

Where you seeing this provisional booking list?

Thanks Chris.

Homer - don't let Chris touch your car mate. Trust me, everything goes wrong when you do! :)

He plays around with the alarm - buggers that up, he destroys your radiator cap, takes apart your turbos and uses them to hatch chickens (or wallabes or something) and then has the cheek to charge you for it! :innocent:

Plus, you may recall him earlier posting a thread about melting the valve caps. That's not done by him steaming round a track, it's caused by the 25 hot cups of tea he consumes a day being left by the hubs. :rolleyes: Shocking.

Greg

PS: We'll see how the so called 'worst car' he's ever worked on performs around the track. I'm going to hand him his arse on a plate. :D (This does not include time in the gravel pit)

Depends how busy it gets, and how fast. As it's a rare noisy day you can expect it to fill up quite quickly, so there is a (sliight) chance it could be fully booked by then.

cheers chris. well hope it doesent get completely booked up, sounds like a really good day out.

This is what you get back from BAT when you provisionally book:

Dear *******

PLEASE READ THIS AUTOMATED RESPONSE CAREFULLY

Thanks for provisionally booking this event. Please read our terms and conditions which can be found in the 'Track Days' menu on our website. Also ensure you comply with any noise restrictions enforced for this event as refunds cannot be made for failing to read the instructions given.

Once you agree to the terms and conditions you can proceed to your Shopping Basket and settle your account online using our secure credit/debit card server. Alternatively you can still send us a cheque by post or send payment by bank transfer - details are on the payment page once you've clicked 'Settle My Account' on the 'Shopping Basket' screen.

Places for every event are sold on a first come first served basis and to confirm your place you must make a payment. If the event is shown as 'FULL' on the website please do NOT make any payments. You will be contacted by e-mail or phone if a place becomes available.

Full details regarding directions, local accommodation and start times can be found on the 'Venues' page in the Track Days' menu on the website.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this e-mail.

-------------------------

BookaTrack.com - The Leading Internet Based Trackday Company

http://bookatrack.com

1) It's not a race

And further to this if you are seen to be racing you'll be removed from the track.

Passing will only be allowed if the person in front indicates, lifts and allows you past. Oh and it will only be allowed on the straights (or slight curves).

No timing, no racing, still lots of fun.

And further to this if you are seen to be racing you'll be removed from the track.

Passing will only be allowed if the person in front indicates, lifts and allows you past. Oh and it will only be allowed on the straights (or slight curves).

No timing, no racing, still lots of fun.

are you serious michael

are you serious michael

Absolutely, that's why the BaT days are so safe for people, two cars shouldn't come close to each other without consent, no lunatics overtaking to prove a point, no red mist... your biggest threat at a BaT day is your own lack of ability / restraint :)

It was only a joking gesture people! :p

I think somehow Chris would happily 'lap' me in the Flintstones running car! :)

I shall be at the back of the pack admiring the views, guaranteed. I'm not prepared to push my car past its (or rather MY) limit after just getting it back.

Greg

When does the payment need to be in for this? I want to come but cant pay till around the 15th next month.

The site says you can pay for half now - to secure your place and then pay the other half off whenever you want...

there is a part payment button on the site.