Track day, no noise limit, Donington 27th Feb 2007

Chris Wilson

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My brake disk were replaced all round with CW pads by Chris in late August and covered about 2,000 miles since. Should I be looking at a backup set then!! ?

This could be an expensive day out!

No - it's just my current ones are warped and very juddery when hot. Would be a very bad idea to attempt the track day on them.

Ah yes, remember you saying now Pete. Hasn't Chris got a few spare? I know he was selling some AP disks a while back, but thought some UK specs were up for sale too Pete.......?

Got a breakers number who had genuine OEMs in stock if you want it? Near me too, so I can collect for you.

Ah yes, remember you saying now Pete. Hasn't Chris got a few spare? I know he was selling some AP disks a while back, but thought some UK specs were up for sale too Pete.......?

Got a breakers number who had genuine OEMs in stock if you want it? Near me too, so I can collect for you.

He has some Jspecs, not UK.

Only really want to buy new - thanks v.much for the offer though.

He had the big AP discs, but I think required larger calipers and housing.

Pete buy some new ones from Toyota you cheap fecker :p

Only £117 for both fronts http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=763818&postcount=12

Toyota Westlands discount info here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59217&highlight=discs

I may be able to get Jo to pick them up for you as she now works just around the corner, they are a bit heavy so will have to check. Let me know mate :)

:blink:

I was going to!

Well that's good then :D

Thanks for the offer. Will see what Chris' can do as he's having the car anyway next week.

That reminds me, I have to plan my yearly trip to CW. Can you work you charm on him Pete and sort me a deal on UK decat pipes please :innocent:

....ooooo, what for now Pete?! Just brakes, or something new and special? ;)

Weld a bung for the AEM UEGO Bosch sensor so it actually reads AFR rather than just sitting in my pod looking nice.

I have a CamCon to play with once I know that I can monitor what the engine is doing. I'm going to wire the UEGO into the serial port of the laptop so I can monitor AFR on a run as well.

Can you work you charm on him Pete and sort me a deal on UK decat pipes please :innocent:

I'm sure he'll read your futile attempts to bend my will to your wiley ways right here. :)

Is anybody staying close by the night before? I am driving in from Holland so I can't see me doing a 12-14 hour drive through the night to then track day all day. If so where are ye staying?

are you tracking the aristo? never seen one in the flesh...

Staying with family close to the track...

• 2 weeks later...
I am tracking the aristo but this one will be nowt like any other you are likely to see :) It is THE do-luck demo car (see their website for the actual car) and it has a a bit of a single turbo conversion :)

Look forward to seeing it... Is it the one from Michel Lane?

Really looking forward to this now, looked at the website and they have now marked it as booked.

A bit concerned about it being shitty weather, like the earlier link of the jag, but I'm a bit of a weather freak because of my main sport, so will post up some more accurate long range forcasts before the day.

I've pulled out sadly. Funds are too tight after paying for the Dragonball 2007. :(

Have a great time guys! :)

Greg

Sorry you won't me able to make it Greg, a real shame, but it doesn't grow on tress, that's for sure. I won't be having a camera in the car, I consider them unlucky, the only two times I ran a camera I did serious damage to a Lotus, and blew the gearbox in the Opel Zeus :) besides, I don't want any more records of my geriatric attempts on tape or CD, thanks very much ;)

There is a single lap of me warming up the Opel Zeus at Donington, last year I think, it's a big 90 odd meg file, but it should be a fast connection:

www.gatesgarth.com/donington.mpg

Are you coming to watch / blag rides??