Track day, no noise limit, Donington 27th Feb 2007

Chris Wilson

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know Chris, absolutely gutted, but just can't justify the cost at the moment. Things may change financially next week, so if spaces are still available I'll jump on board again.

Cameras aren't a good prop for you then Chris - clearly! Would of been good to have a little view of that Skyline crash though! :)

Is it free to come and watch or of little cost? Very interested if so and at least Pete and co can let me drive their cars! Thanks in advance guys! ;)

Greg

I know Chris, absolutely gutted, but just can't justify the cost at the moment. Things may change financially next week, so if spaces are still available I'll jump on board again.

Cameras aren't a good prop for you then Chris - clearly! Would of been good to have a little view of that Skyline crash though! :)

Is it free to come and watch or of little cost? Very interested if so and at least Pete and co can let me drive their cars! Thanks in advance guys! ;)

Greg

It's free to specate, and, as far as I recall, free or a very modest charge to be a passenger if someone will take you round. If the Skyline is finished I may get Jane to drive it over, and I'll give you a whizz round in that. It's quite good fun in the wet....

Pete and co can let me drive their cars!

You'd just get it stuck in the gravel ;)

Besides, I've no idea if I'm going at the moment having just bought a £300 washing machine, set of new discs and pads, a trip to Ikea :blink: and Vicki wanting to book a holiday to China!

I've got the kitcar fixed though so I may just say sod it and take that anyway.

It's free to specate, and, as far as I recall, free or a very modest charge to be a passenger if someone will take you round. If the Skyline is finished I may get Jane to drive it over, and I'll give you a whizz round in that. It's quite good fun in the wet....

That would be absolutely brilliant Chris, if you manage to get it down there. Thank you kindly for the offer. I'll have to take a look at the website as surely you need a pass of some sort. Also, would have to hire a helmet but happy to do that! :)

You'd just get it stuck in the gravel

Besides, I've no idea if I'm going at the moment having just bought a £300 washing machine, set of new discs and pads, a trip to Ikea and Vicki wanting to book a holiday to China!

I've got the kitcar fixed though so I may just say sod it and take that anyway.

OK Pete, as mentioned, it was very damp and deep and my car is so stupidly quick, it could shift a mountain with those rear wheels!! :p

I think Jan is always a nightmare with money. Especially as other events like Valentines Day etc are coming up prior to the next payday and things generally tend to go wrong this time of year too!

Would be good if you could make it though mate. That Tigercat must be great fun round a track ;)

Greg

In car cameras have to have a proper approved mount, most definitely NO hand held cameras, they are ultra strict on this. Spectating is totally free, as is circuit entry. You can hire helmets, and you can even hire cars or rides in cars if no one will take you round as a "pal". It's well organised but quite laid back. You *MAY* have to sign a form for copyright purposes if you use in car cameras, ask on the http://www.bookatrack.co.uk forums for clarification if you want in car video.

There is a single lap of me warming up the Opel Zeus at Donington, last year I think, it's a big 90 odd meg file, but it should be a fast connection:

www.gatesgarth.com/donington.mpg

downloaded, (all 100meg) won't play at work, and won't play at home (codec download error - file may be recorded with an unsupported codec). gutted!

suggestions anyone?

There is a single lap of me warming up the Opel Zeus at Donington, last year I think, it's a big 90 odd meg file, but it should be a fast connection:

www.gatesgarth.com/donington.mpg

From that video it looks like a very fast track, in comparison to say castle coombe. I love the royal wave to the porsche as you pass him by on your warm up lap lol :D

• 2 weeks later...