The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track day, no noise limit, Donington 27th Feb 2007

Chris Wilson

are you serious michael

This is standard practice for 99% of track days. There are a very few days for advanced drivers where the rules are more flexible. Other than that you can get an RAC MSA licence and a roll cage, et cetera, and do test days or races. Track days have to be well policed and disciplined or carnage would occur. Look at the mayhem on the Castle Combe pay for a couple of laps shennanigans each year.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

There is some interesting and powerful hardware starting to accumulate on that list -they will split us into numpties (first timers) and the seasoned crew I guess.. so we may not see everything on the track.

I'm off to my mates this week - he has donnington on a computer game (steering wheel and pedals strapped to his dining table) so I'm off to do some swatting!! :eyebrows:

at the end of this week it's 6 weeks till D-Day... looking forward to it!

Guest dee_rz

i'll be down if not to participate i'll be there to watch, i'm also starting this thread on another site i'm on as i may know a few friends who may be interested :)

Round may mates learning the course on his computer game. It looks like a good track, (national) but I was absolutely useless. Started with a TVR and then backtracked down the list until I ended up in the slowest easiest car to drive... would have picked a people carrier if they had one - I was shocking!

still at least a know the course comfortably.. it's quite a fast track, gonna be hard on the breaks, but very technical. Am looking forward to it.. but am putting my brain into numpty setting.. I wrote off at least 100 cars last night and moved more gravel than a dumptruck.

i been on that track before was so much fun to take part.you soon found out jap brakes are crap lol.i spun mine out after long straight past pits.lifted off gas and weight shifted forwards and spun 180 degrees.

great track with all the ups and downs.was hard when it started getting dark.

any tips how to drive it into corners and braking.

would be good to go see to watch chris in his car and to see and hear some single turbos in action

I better keep the day free then. :D

Rear wing on mate? :D

Hope you are coming - another black supra with spec like yours (and it seems you probably know how to drive it too) means that every time you notch up a kill I can claim it! :innocent:

We all know black Supras are faster :innocent:

Provisionaly booked.

Thought you might ;)

There's no way I'm going to miss watching this one.

i been on that track before was so much fun to take part.you soon found out jap brakes are crap lol.

After I did the Bruntinhthorpe day with jap brakes, (pretty brake freindly), I have the distinct impression that Jap brakes would catch fire very quickly on Donnington... lots of high speed runs into 2nd gear corners (at least on the game).

I have the distinct feeling that Donnington is a real drivers circuit.. smoother the faster.. I just hope the day is well policed and mellow, as I can't be arsed with being harassed while I'm trying to concentrate on what I'm doing...!

looking forward to it. :D

It is normally very relaxed.

The first few laps I did i was dropping to 2nd and reving the nuts off my motor hammering it around, then with a few tips found it was much more fun to drive smoother without going through the box so much. I was dropping into 2nd when really there was no need and the same from 4th to 3rd.

I would of thought so as he started the thread. His Zeus I imagine Wez.

I'll be full paid up at the end of Jan. I intend on taking it easy though, just want to get a good feel for the Supe handling, especially in the damp. I was overtaken by a Fiesta ST at 70mph last night on a National speed twisty road, a little embarassing, but I like to take it easy in the wet from now on!