The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Southern Gumball Rally

mawby

Originally posted by Dark Angel

Supragal - just don't recall seeing you there - thought you hadn't come..... I saw your pic in the Names to faces thread but couldn't match you there - which car did you travel in?

Mentioned your name at Boxhill but no-one said you were there, well the few I asked anyway....

Oh well, was just curious... :blink:

She was the first person I met on Sunday, was already at Box Hill when I arrived a bit early.. umm.. she'd be the girl wandering around with a video camera most of the day?

-p

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what can I say, both days a success in my eyes.

First I'd like to apologise to a couple of people, 1st being my other half who, when we got home on Sunday, said she'd never crapped herself so much on the way home! Taking roundabouts at speeds she didn't even know possible and that's without traction control!!

2nd apology must goto Steve W and Supragal, mainly to Steve though as after a very fast whip round a roundabout on our way down to Seaford, the convoy ground to a halt, so did I but probably with about half a foot of space between my front and Steve's rear (ooo-er misses)! Sorry Steve, meant to apologise when we got to the Golden Galleon but had a mission of mercy to perform.

Right, just like to say a massive well done to mawby for organising this 2 day event. Brilliant weather both days, some great photo oportunities, good to meet new and old faces as well.

Highlights of Saturday, spotted an MSB Supra in Hungerford, flashed and thumbs up and got a wave and smile back, pity he didn't follow and join up with mawby and me at the first stop. Missed out Stonehenge, probably a damn good idea as the traffic was shite by all accounts.

Met up with the lust2luv, GreenSupra, Ouzolover at Longleat and had a good chat in very pleasant surroundings.

Trip from Longleat to the Angel Inn had to be the most infuriatingly slow trip in the history of convoys, even got held up by a bloody sheep in Longleat!

Met up with SimonB and Timwildman at the Angel Inn, Simon, glad to hear you spotted the oil leak in time, shame you couldn't make it on Sunday [oh and you need to learn how to park properly, or at least round the right way!!!]

Trip down to Lee-On-Solet was great, especially being followed twice by coppers, one who deliberately spun round from the opposite way to follow and overtake us all near Ringwood, after that the trip down the M27 was cool as well, till millhouse and me got to the M3 junction when lust2luv decided to drop off, l2l pulled up next to us and waved goodbye, just in front was a XKR softop with the roof down, l2l dropped a gear, floored it and howled off down the M3, I could hear him about 2 miles down the road and also could feel the ground shaking! Feckin hell that thing is loud!!!

Lee-On-Solent, The Bun Penny pub, pulled up to find another 2 Silver Supras in the car park, good to meet you as well and hope you've found your way onto the board, I know one of you has.

Sunday, phonecall from Ashley at about 10.15am, "I'm at Wellington Country Park, where the hell is everyone, I thought I'd fooked up again, I'm early, WTF is going on" etc etc

Cruised to Boxhill with perfect timing, managed to NOT get stopped by the massive police presence....phew, proceeded to then wait for the next hour or so while another 13 or 14 Supes turned out looking damn fine, managed to piss one BMW owner off to the extent that he went and moved or left.

Dude, don't forget to pay your fine, naughty man, tsk tsk tsk ;)

Cruise from Boxhill to Maidstone, jesus h christ, that was absolutely awsome, apart from almost getting lost as the first people to leave Boxhill disappeared into the distance. Then finally out onto the motorway and being at the back of the convoy to the front and then the back again all while filming was fantastic, had a quick peek at the video when we got to the DFS carpark, looked superb, especially of the Punto undertaking me as I got to the front of the queue with Steve W on the inside lane, me on the outside and slowing down trying not to lead.

Nice to finally meet Mr Nice (soon to be a banana) Harwood

Shell garage, BWUAHAHAHAHAHA the woman in the landrover behind me, her face was a classic, hands raised in despair at the sight of approx 20 Supras all parked up and not a single space left, fantastic.

Trip down to Seaford was just as good as the first major cruise, again some great footage, must get that downloaded asap! Golden Galleon, hmmm nice pub - shame about the opening times. Glad the Beefeater was open, just a shame the food wait was so long.

Off to Bolney Stage, bet they're kicking themselves, again NOT OPEN at all, shame as they couldv'e made a fortune outta us!

TOP TOP TOP WEEKEND, even my girlfriend enjoyed herself so that was a bonus as she'll probably want to come along next time :)

Finally got my pics up, I've done 3 panoramic shots but they aint all come out brilliantly, anyway all pics split up over the 2 days in each stage I took them, find them here

Dunk or Jake or whatever your calling yourself now, I can't believe you couldn't be bothered to read all the pages, all you had to do was go back about 3 or 4 to find a list, either that or give millhouse a ring, you should have been there Sunday, you'd have stolen the show.

Dark Angel, make sure you get some of that Turtle Wax stuff and do your headlights.

Oh and I'd just like to say thanks to mawby and Timwildman for letting me show the tosser in the Audi on the way home who owns the A27, he'd already cut down the inside of me and blocked me out on the run down towards the A27 turning, mawby leading, Audi following about 2 foot away, me the Tim, come upto the left turn to come onto the A27, dropped down into 2nd and let the revs climb to about 4 or 5k, long sweeping left hander onto the A27, mawby stays in the left, Audi pulls out to overtake, I sit on his bumper till the hatchings disappeared and then floored it and left the Audi for dust, slowed down at about 110lph to let him catch up and then watched him turn off, twas a great feeling :D

Big thanks to Tim who managed to let me get the best action shot I've ever taken with my camera, thought it had gone tits up but came out superb! ceya Tim

Originally posted by HISUPE

A few comments yesterday saying it looked ok, and I think that too :) So its staying Far dude! :p :D

Yep, agreed.. as I said yesterday, I thought it would look really wank.. but I have to say, seeing your car in the flesh it really suits it.. I'd probably leave it on if it were mine, too :D

-p

Those of you who showed an interest in the Jap meet in October will need to get your tickets soon as we need to tell Santa Pod how many of us are going. Hopefully all you who enjoyed yourselves this weekend will also want to go. It will probably be the last big Jap meet of the year.

Thanks again to everyone for making this a great weekend. Keep your eyes peeled for more "local" meets heading this way, and have a look at the Upcoming Events thread from time to time to see what events are going on.

Originally posted by Jive

got held up by a bloody sheep in Longleat!

Shocking! Did he get your wallet?

Dude, don't forget to pay your fine, naughty man, tsk tsk tsk ;)
huh? Dish the dirt

Dunk or Jake or whatever your calling yourself now, I can't believe you couldn't be bothered to read all the pages, all you had to do was go back about 3 or 4 to find a list, either that or give millhouse a ring, you should have been there Sunday, you'd have stolen the show. [/b]
Yeah sorry mate, I'm a lazy bastard.

Stolen the show? Did they have a prize for worst driving then? :p

Originally posted by pulse

Yes! It got out of its car and stood in the middle of the road and yelled at you.. :D

-p

How could she yell at Dun...sorry Jake, he wasn't even there, the lazy git :innocent:

I've so gotta see this on the video, I was at the back of the queue so couldn't tell wtf was going on :(

gumball

hi Kev,

I would appreciate if you could post this for me as my account has not yet been activated even though my moneys been taken cheers,

Tim :

Just wanted to say thanks to Mawby for arranging 2 great days out. I managed to meet a lot of new people and saw some excelent cars. I didn't get to talk to everyone but i don't think i did too bad for my first outting.

I got some pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/timwildman

Theres already been some good action shots posted, even if i did ruin Jives pickie, and managed to make it into shot after all! oh and i think going round the roundabouts that quick is the reason my tyres only lasted 6000 miles.

Thanks again and hope to meet you all again soon, Oh and thanks to millhouse for passing this msg on, my account hasn't been activated yet :(

From

Timwildman

2nd apology must goto Steve W and Supragal, mainly to Steve though as after a very fast whip round a roundabout on our way down to Seaford, the convoy ground to a halt, so did I but probably with about half a foot of space between my front and Steve's rear (ooo-er misses)! Sorry Steve, meant to apologise when we got to the Golden Galleon but had a mission of mercy to perform.

NO PROBs.... I nearly ran into the one in front of ME ! ! :p

(nearly a Convoy-Pileup!)

......as I got to the front of the queue with Steve W on the inside lane, me on the outside and slowing down trying not to lead.

mmmmmmmm........ EXACTLY what I was trying to NOT do TOO ! !:D

APOLOGIES.... for makin' everyone do a Jnc.5-Jnc.6-Jnc.5 of the

M20 ! ! :) (teach ME to try to zoom to front and lead:stupid: )

APOLOGIES.... for then leadin' everyone into the DFS carpark,

instead of the Beafeater ! !...... but I thought it made it more

interesting Soddin' off the Manager there ? ! (PLUS it meant I

got to park MY mota under the only tree-shade in sight ! !:p )

Originally posted by Steve W

NO PROBs.... I nearly ran into the one in front of ME ! ! :p

(nearly a Convoy-Pileup!)

mmmmmmmm........ EXACTLY what I was trying to NOT do TOO ! !:D

Just glad my j-spec brakes worked when needed :innocent: a convoy pileup would not have been a pretty sight :(

Well at least you got us there in the end, even if it was the wrong car park.......with me leading we'd have ended up in Dover or Calaise (sp) :innocent: