The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2 Dam 2 Furious

Earthrokka

ok - alternatively, what do all think of a day trip w/o the night stop-over ? maybe a very early morning sunday start and a late sunday return ... (maybe not too late for those working monday?)

however - keep plugging away boyz and i will as well ...

maybe a day trip will encourage more people ie geeza n da lads ..

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by SOOO WHITE

if a had the fiancee cuming with me ad be the same way but since am gettinmg let lose for the weekend a take wat a can get but ur right roy

plus first time being abroad in my motor too shoulkd be fun ill learn from you lot on the way of the wise :D

http://www.btinternet.com/~duncandriver/Smilees/babel.gif

Anyone got a "Pissed Scot to English" dictionary ? :p

last i heard about 30-40 pounds per night .... i checked with a few friends in both amsterdam AND rotterdam (shite hole!) and it seems the busy tourist period is doing us in ... :(

let us know how you get on chris ... thanks

Just some observations from my trip.

parking is very sparce.. and we parked in an underground carpark which cost 32 euro a day.

There is NO way anyone with a low body kit will get on in Amsterdam, a lot of the road side parking that is available is usually accessed by going over raised pavement which is quite steep so expect some scuffs. They have some very steep speed humps too... even the underground carpark had steep ramps.

With regard to hotels etc, there are loads of places and you wont find it difficult getting a place. We stayed at the Ibis (right next to the train station - might be a good bet if you guys are willing to share as its easy to find and they'll probably have a fair few rooms available) where a double room cost 130 euros a night and 150 I think for the weekend rate.

God that is steep for the IBIS I thought they were budget hotels....I think outa town is the best scenario....with cars locked away in a hotel secure car park being essential....those of us who have ICE installs will not want to leave them in a public car park...THEY WILL DEFINATELY GET BROKEN INTO IN AMSTADAM without a doubt if left anywhere but same goes for parts of London...so no different really.

I think we should be looking for somewhere with easy reach of Amstadam by train...Trains are very cheap to use and we can always drive into town cruise round come back to Hotel then go back on train get really stonned and steaming and whatever else grabs you !!!

:D

Yeah Ibis' are usually cheap. Sorta travellodge like. There were about 3 different Ibis places I spotted whilst driving into Amsterdam, but the one we landed was so central it was great.. and remember that room price is divided for 2 people.

I think if you're going in a group it would be best to fly over unless you've got your hearts set on the drive.

I really dont think you'd wanna be wanting to catch trains in and out of the place at the end of each night.

Boyz..comon´.. lets not dramatise this as if we were heading for the Bronx or somink..

well, we ´ll try another place few blocs away i.e 10 km at the most from the centre n we just use public transport its fun ..it works over there u c .. :D

Sorry i just got back from Acapulco..n its 1 30 am your time. so i ´ll get back on the case from now.. so dont worry about it.

if we by any chance cant secure a place which i ´ll be very surprised.. then we probably best going on Saturday early doors .. then we have time to find a space ..for sure then..

OH Ashley could come too

eeeezy now

yeah.. Respec to the ones whom r trying hard..

Originally posted by Earthrokka

any questions plz ask now

1, Did you get my cheque?

2, Is anyone talking thier GF/Wife? I'm undecided whether to take the GF or a mate. She probably won't want to come if she's the only femail though.

Dunk i am still in Sombrero land til Saturday m8..will tell u then.

oh bugga ..any thief reading this would go n breaking into my house n take all the cheques :eek: ..

but i have a Rotwiler.. so no problems there :D

As for Kev´s G-F dunno.. will try to sort somink out (over there that is :p )