The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2 Dam 2 Furious

Earthrokka

Earth, Clair cant make it as she works on Saturdays, so Im trying to blag a mate, as I dont fancy driving on my own, would ideally like to drive over with another car, as you know what my directions can be like, and abroad, I'll probably end up in the south of France.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if si lends ash his sat naff and program it for the south of france, ash should get to am'dam in time for breakfast ?? ... :p

yo goldilocks - just watch that the 'warewolf' doesn't turn around n bite chu on da ass ... :eek: :(

why don't you leave people alone man ... just go and enjoy your disgusting self in mexico and leave us mortals to ponder our own fates ... :innocent: :baa:

I am struggling to find a hotel ..bugger.. can any of u guys try from yer side (like the company´s travel agent or yer favorite secretary etc..) see if u can find us somink near the centre. Budget preferably 40 squid max- per person .. should get us nice rooms.

I havent got access to internet all day so i dont have much time to search for somink suitable.

7 double rooms twin beds + 1 single etc.. then we could always ask for more if we need to.

cheeers n keep me posted..

Ash good idea.. go for it mate.

Roy...:p :p

Originally posted by Earthrokka

I am struggling to find a hotel ..bugger.. can any of u guys try from yer side (like the company´s travel agent or yer favorite secretary etc..) see if u can find us somink near the centre. Budget preferably 40 squid max- per person .. should get us nice rooms.

The only 4Star or 5Star ones in Central Amsterdam I can find on the net are £75 to £80 per person per night (2 nights, right?)

We don't want to be in some flea-pit 20kms from amsterdam do we. I know it's just somewhere to crash at the end of the day but for the extra 25 bucks I'd prefer somewhere without sticky carpet.

Opinions?

Anyone else want to try to find something better?

Totally agree..

i am working on this place called the Belfort check it out on the net.. looks ok judging by the photos.. at 1 km from the centre.

better for the cars though.. with car prking facility etc..

36 squid per night .. read the independent report on it that says .."it is an acceptable place, nothing fancy but ok to be in"

so just awaiting their confirmation..the payment had to be up front so if they accept we gonna have to go with it.

However, i agree when u say a sticky carpet place..

I checked most of the big ones with offeres written all over ´em, as soon as u start checking the availability .. they either have nothing on the dates required or the price changes (to the double usually).

Originally posted by Earthrokka

i am working on this place called the Belfort check it out on the net.. looks ok judging by the photos.. at 1 km from the centre.

1km from the centre and car parking sounds cool, I'll be too stoned to notice the carpet anyways. I'd say go for that if they'll have us.

I'm happy enough to pay for my own single, I don't think I'm bringing anybody along (though I might ask my housemate, he won't be interested in the car bit, but the Amsterdam bit might appeal).

Whatever hotel is booked I'll do. Rokka, I'll post you a cheque tomorrow (I think it's your address I've been given).

I've only been to Amsterdam for work, and stayed in the Amsterdam Central hotel, was 5 star and about 280 euros a night (probably a tad too much for us :))

-p

Boyz .. I need help for deffo .. couldnt get the rooms.

If anyone knows of a place in the Dam Plz let us know.. or contact them first n try for up to 60 squid a night as i cant even phone from here as it is priced at $3 US... per minute to Europe :eek: so i´m gonna rely on u guys anyone, just take it on n charge us for whatever u paid as deposit etc..

cheers:thumbs:

rokka

you should have my cheque by now mate

ill see wat a can find on the pc tonite as am banned fae the living room as its girls nite in

and ill try the travel agents at my work as well get a 15 percent discount on all bookings thats if they have anything

is there a limit to wat there is to pay per person coz quality comes at a price :thumbs:

I'd say aim for about 60 quid (90-100 euros) a night? But I'm easy with whatever comes. I'll have a look what I can find tonight, but the only travel agency I've used aside from STA I think went bust.. Will see what I can find on the web.

-p

hey..

Sounds good, now that there is few of us on the case we should come up with something.

Yeah 60 squid is about right .. but some 2 star hotel charge that in the Dam anyway ..so check it first if they have photos on the web.

The 1 i had sort of pre booked was ok @ 3 star 72 squid per twin room is a good 1 they decided to bump us off.. may be they had some bad experience in the past with some hooliganz.. :p

Cheers lads for sending the cheques but i´m in Mexico ..i wouldn´t know til the 06/09..sorry.. thats why i ´m having trouble booking / phoning etc..

:thumbs:

Nice 1 Sooooowhite..will do m8.

Everything i looked at so far has no availability :(

if anyone sees anything suitable please go ahead and book it ..

6 double/ twin rooms then 1 single ..i found that twin is cheaper than single rooms..

Sorry boyz ..i havent got that much of access to internet and phone to search at this mo´.. :( but please try to help i ´m sure we ´ll find somink..

I've had a look at a few places, and tried calling two that looked promising. The website said 110 euros a night, but when I called to ask about a booking they told me 200! The other told me late October/early November for that many rooms, so I guess it's not a very big hotel..

Uuuuuhrm... anybody? Save this trip if you can! :)

-p

if it comes to naught - what does everyone think of maybe spending the night outside the central area ie dam platz, leidseplein etc ........maybe a few smaller places avalilable to would look at group discounts and maybe even safer parking ? just a thought guys ....

There are few clean places at 5 10 KM so plz if u see one boyz go for it .. i think its better for the cars ..

Thats what happens on the net they waste yer time .. by the time they reply its too late ..thats why i couldnd get anything from here .. sorrrrrryyy

go for it ..Nice 1 Pulse, Roy, Dunk etc.. . ;)