The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Last thing needed at moment🥺🥺

Suprakeith

Well this morning didn't go to plan at all...was driving to take Supra to MGT to get rev gauge sorted ready for Santa Pod next weekend.

Just came through road works in 4th doing 40mph near Kettering, then accelerated to 50ish went to put her in 5th and back end went, was unable to catch back end fully duo to greasy wet road and ended up spinning backwards into grass verge damaging front bumper, totally gutted but only looks to front bumper so far, intercooler has been pushed back tiny bit and is sitting at slight angle. Checked front framework and looks all fine, luckily police were behind and closed one lane for me and with mate managed to secure front bumper to car with police tape, she's all home now back in garage safe. 

Going to leave it this weekend as back is sore after impact and strip front end next weekend instead of going Santa pod and hopefully nothing else damaged and look at getting new front bumper asap and just leave her off road until next year now.

Main thing is i am ok and car can be repaired.

Crash 1.jpg

Crash 2.jpg

Crash 3.jpg

Crash 4.jpg

Crash 5.jpg

Crash 6.jpg

Crash 7.jpg

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, mc92 said:

That sucks. It's suddenly gotten very wet and cold so not the best for traction. Good thing it was a soft landing and not into the crash barriers.

Big time sucks!!! so true it has got very wet and greasy on roads, really annoying thing is i've been using supra all week in wet and rain as daily been in garage getting work done, she was heading towards barrier least managed so prevent that, think if had another foot would off been ok as over corrected little bit and front wheel just caught wet grass which spun me around again then backwards into verge

2 hours ago, Annabella said:

Feck! As you say doesn't look too bad, new bumper etc, could have been a lot worse. How were the plod with you?

Oh yes defiantly could have been a lot worst, the police were really helpful, and they both did says a lovely looking car minus the damage, they closed one lane while checked car and used their tape to hold bumper to car, plus then closed both lanes to let me turn round and get home, can't fault the police at all very helpful indeed.

2 hours ago, AC93 said:

Hopefully minimal damage!

Strange how it tailed out like that when youve been using it all week

Fingers crossed only bumper damage, that's what's bothering me the most is she's been fine all week going back and from work and its 30miles each way, i thinking must have hit oil or something on road from roadworks as doesn't make sense why she would step out like that with no warning.

8 minutes ago, evinX said:

Ah damn mate. Sad to see her that way.

If the legs were bent that bumper would be gone. So rekon at most the bumpet support frame, not slam panel might need some tweeks at most. I wouldnt expect frame damage at a good guess.

She's looking very sad and sorry for herself at moment for sure, that's what i hoping it's just the bumper frame that may need few tweaks, think the intercooler holding brackets damaged but i can fix things like that at work. Going to remove bumper tomorrow morning to inspect any damage.

11 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

Bad luck mate, at least you were unhurt

Very bad luck for sure, that is the main thing least wasn't hurt.

11 hours ago, Noz said:

Glad you're okay pal!

Cheers bud, guess it's back to working on her again in the garage lo

9 hours ago, tayr said:

Sorry to see that! Maybe the diff locked up??

Possible it happened so quick, do wish someone caught it on dash cam so could watch and try work out what happened.

9 hours ago, Annabella said:

Nice that the police were ok and looking like helpful to you. 👍

Does make nice change them being helpful for once👍

8 hours ago, The Raven said:

Gutted for you. I had this happen last year by the grace of god I didn’t bounce of a curb.

Hopefully it’s not to bad to repair and replace 

Its horrible experience isn't it, that's exactly what i was thinking good job didn't hit curb or barrier, so glad had grass verge and car didn't hit any of the trees aswell.

44 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Sad to see that, glad your ok though. Hopefully, all damage is fairly superficial bar the bumper. 

Thank you, fingers crossed its just superficial damage, will find out soon going to jet wash her and remove bumper see what's what.

Ahh man! doesn’t looks great mate but as you say from the looks of it just the bumper has taken the damage! So fingers crossed a quick fix 🙂

Funnily enough I’ve got the same bumper and caught it yesterday going up a slope, ripping it off the mounting bolt and damaging all the brand new paint work. Bloody cars 😂 

2 hours ago, Dnk said:

Flimsy fibre glass bumper looks like its saved anything else from being damaged.

I did exactly the same with the same bumper many years ago 

Does seem the bumper has taken most of the impact which is good thing.

What bumper you running now? after inspiration for new bumper.

1 hour ago, wattwatt said:

Ahh man! doesn’t looks great mate but as you say from the looks of it just the bumper has taken the damage! So fingers crossed a quick fix 🙂

Funnily enough I’ve got the same bumper and caught it yesterday going up a slope, ripping it off the mounting bolt and damaging all the brand new paint work. Bloody cars 😂 

No not great at all, last thing needed, got all winter to fix her now really which takes pressure off at least.

Ouch not good bet you were quite annoyed at that, these bumpers do sit really low don't they and seem to catch everything...100% agree bloody cars😂

5 minutes ago, Suprakeith said:

Does seem the bumper has taken most of the impact which is good thing.

What bumper you running now? after inspiration for new bumper.

I sold my car a while back but went full TRD widebody. 

Stock with a front lip or splitter is the way I'd go 

1 minute ago, Dnk said:

I sold my car a while back but went full TRD widebody. 

Stock with a front lip or splitter is the way I'd go 

Very nice do like the widebody look, 

Do agree do think stock bumper with lip does look really nice, was thinking the Ridox with carbon splitter but think that will be nightmare with our roads and the splitter is so expensive and bet won't take much to rip it off, so gone off that idea

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Suprakeith said:

Very nice do like the widebody look, 

Do agree do think stock bumper with lip does look really nice, was thinking the Ridox with carbon splitter but think that will be nightmare with our roads and the splitter is so expensive and bet won't take much to rip it off, so gone off that idea

I was going to fit a splitter to my E46 which is 30mm lower than stock but also gone off the idea as I'm catching the

speed calming bumps without one.  

Well have just removed front bumper this morning and jacked up car to check underneath, apart from grass and mud underneath of car is fine, going to take wheels off and get them checked next weekend, just to be 100% sure. always better to be safe than sorry with wheels.

The damage so far is

1. Intercooler passenger side support bracket bent, I can take that to work and bend straight and if cracks can weld it so easy fix.

2. Bumper ruined. New bumper required.

3. Passenger side headlight broken at rear, the plastic connecting bracket ripped off and side tap. So thinking new glass headlights update look as plastic ones were faded.

4. Passenger wing slight damage to bumper locating hole and slightly bent near headlight, think can repair that bend it back and look at idea as where retainer bar bolts in, its its ripped the metal tiny bit.

So all in all not much damage at all and just cosmetic and think looking at 1k-2k to get her all fixed and out again. have to say was very nervous as thought was going to be worst but quite pleased with amount of damage. Could of been so much worst, when remove intercooler will double check oil cooler and radiator but they all seem fine and aren't loose at all.

Also on plus side both bumper retainers seem fine but will need new middle top fixing plate.

Damage 1.jpg

Damage 3.jpg

Damage 4.jpg

Damage 5.jpg

Damage 6.jpg

Damage 7.jpg

Damage 8.jpg

Damage 9.jpg

Damage 11.jpg

Damage 12.jpg

Damage 13.jpg

Damage 14.jpg

Damage 15.jpg

Damage 16.jpg

Damage 18.jpg

Damage 20.jpg

10 minutes ago, Dnk said:

I was going to fit a splitter to my E46 which is 30mm lower than stock but also gone off the idea as I'm catching the

speed calming bumps without one.  

Thats the problem isn't it spend all this money making front look nice and speed bumps just rip splitter to bits.