The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Last thing needed at moment🥺🥺

Suprakeith

7 hours ago, SupraAyf said:

I'm pleased you're OK Keith but I'm sad about the car mate. 

I hope you get it rectified soon enough.

Good luck,

Andrew

Thank you, Andrew

Very true and least i am ok that's the main thing and the car will be sorted soon and back out ready to enjoy😃

• Like 1

Slight update since accident, now my pride has slightly recovered it's time to hurt my wallet😂

I've managed to sort facelift lights that collecting next weekend, also going to send my headlights to good supra friend to be repaired and refreshed. Have decided going to treat car to the Whifbitz adjustable anti roll bars to try reduce any understeer and improve her stability, mainly stiffen up rear end, plus treat her to new tyres am thinking Eagle F1s at moment but will decide once rest done on car, am thinking half reason lost grip could be down to the old tyres. Only thing haven't fully decided on is new front bumper style. I've spoken to Knightracer and they still make Bomex bumper which is bonus as do love that style but also like the Do Luck front end, in an ideal world would go for the Ridox but quite few supra's have them these days plus it's nearly 2k for the bumper with the carbon fibre splitter and add on's which is one expensive front end. Oh, also going to try get a Carbon BGW to help keep rear end planted plus love a BGW on a supra.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Suprakeith said:

Slight update since accident, now my pride has slightly recovered it's time to hurt my wallet😂

I've managed to sort facelift lights that collecting next weekend, also going to send my headlights to good supra friend to be repaired and refreshed. Have decided going to treat car to the Whifbitz adjustable anti roll bars to try reduce any understeer and improve her stability, mainly stiffen up rear end, plus treat her to new tyres am thinking Eagle F1s at moment but will decide once rest done on car, am thinking half reason lost grip could be down to the old tyres. Only thing haven't fully decided on is new front bumper style. I've spoken to Knightracer and they still make Bomex bumper which is bonus as do love that style but also like the Do Luck front end, in an ideal world would go for the Ridox but quite few supra's have them these days plus it's nearly 2k for the bumper with the carbon fibre splitter and add on's which is one expensive front end. Oh, also going to try get a Carbon BGW to help keep rear end planted plus love a BGW on a supra.

I would say that the old tyres ( dont know how old ) are one of the contributing factors. 

Stiffening the rear end is only going to make the problem more prononced on UK roads. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mattdavies said:

I would say that the old tyres ( dont know how old ) are one of the contributing factors. 

Stiffening the rear end is only going to make the problem more prononced on UK roads. 

The tyres were new just before took car off road 5&1/2 years ago, think they only did 800miles before started build.

was meant to put loosen the back end little bit snd stiffen up front to promote bit more under steer. 😂😂. The joys of playing with the kitten while typing😂😂

3 hours ago, Supraleeturbo said:

Dude so glad you are ok and the damage is an easy fix! You will be back in no time

Oh yes 100% am fine after spin out, these are proper built beasts, very easy fix just bumper and headlight really. The hardest part is trying to decide what bumper to go for lol am torn between getting another Bomex or Do luck one at moment, not massive fan of the Ridox without the carbon extras. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well bit of update, have taken apart front end, and so far, have repaired intercooler holding tabs, rubbed down zinc primer front cross member, repainted bumper frame. On sunday went and picked up good set of facelift lights plus going to send mine off for full refurb and repair. Few pictures of how she's looking at moment. 

The new front bumper should be turning up Wednesday then just need to sort getting bumper and boot lid to Bodyshop.

Repair 1.jpg

Headlight 1.jpg

Headlight 2.jpg

Headlight 3.jpg

Headlight 4.jpg

Headlight 5.jpg

• Like 2

Not as bad as it first looked but still ouch 😓 

Have you decided on a front bumper? One word of warning about the do-luck, they’re massively impractical if you have speed bumps or any steep transition changes on your driveway or any local roads. They stick out a long way in front and constantly get hit. Still love the look but wouldn’t have one again!

PS: Those Halfords rubber mats are bloody awesome things for the price 😁 Saved a lot of back and arm rash!

5 hours ago, Homer said:

Not as bad as it first looked but still ouch 😓 

Have you decided on a front bumper? One word of warning about the do-luck, they’re massively impractical if you have speed bumps or any steep transition changes on your driveway or any local roads. They stick out a long way in front and constantly get hit. Still love the look but wouldn’t have one again!

PS: Those Halfords rubber mats are bloody awesome things for the price 😁 Saved a lot of back and arm rash!

No def not as bad as first thought and looked, yes have decided to stick to the Bomex bumper. Pleased you have said that about the Do Luck not being practical as with the Bomex on my car was ok getting over most speed bumps.

Big time agree those matts are awesome for price and so much better than laying on floor😃

Well just to add to my luck at moment lol, the bumper from Knightracer turned up Wednesday, so Saturday painted lower sub frame ready to fit bumper cage and intercooler and test fit bumper before sending to paint this week with bootlid.

While opening the bomex bumper noticed the ends all broken and damaged and the finish and quality was terrible, not pleased at all, have emailed them telling them want bumper collected and full refund, As instead going to go the Ridox bumper from Whifbitz now. Does anyone know if stock crash bar fits with the Ridox bumper?

Little bit annoyed as my bonnet was from knightracer and that arrived damaged aswell, seems their quality isn't good at all.

Few pictures of the terrible bumper haven't opened it fully so can send back.

poo 1.jpg

Poo 2.jpg

Poo 3.jpg

Poo 4.jpg

Poo 5.jpg

8 hours ago, tayr said:

My ridox skirts and spats are from knightracer. They arrived crap quality. took loads of work to make them fit and better condition. Granted Albert said he would replace them or refund them but i didn;t have another option at the time

Oh dear not what you wanted, he emailed me today and is collecting bumper tomorrow which is good but did say he was going to stop offering the bomex bumper duo to Mould be 20years old....which is shocking they using 20year old mould as the quality is terrible. 

Have now ordered Ridox bumper from whifbitz. 

17 hours ago, Homer said:

That bumper is shockingly poor. Damage can happen but the rest of it…

It’s a subjective thing but I think the Ridox is a far better looking bumper than the Bomex anyway 👍

Oh yea its def shockingly quality for sure, I do agree the Ridox is better looking with all the carbon adds on. but also do really love the Bomex look aswell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Noz said:

I ordered my bumper from meduza. Nothing bloody lined up either.

I always wanted to make bodykits but didn't because of concern of fitment issues. Looks like no one else cares 😂

It does seem that way doesn't it that none of these companies care about proper fitment.

13 hours ago, Noz said:

I ordered my bumper from meduza. Nothing bloody lined up either.

I always wanted to make bodykits but didn't because of concern of fitment issues. Looks like no one else cares 😂

tbh i think thats the issue - maybe alot of people aren't so bothered about poor fitment. either that or for the companies to make true fitment it would cost more and customer wouldn't pay the extra £