The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonham's Supra - front vents

neilp9876

I doubt they are standard.

Inner liner would need modifying to take advantage of them.

I'd assume they're to release positive pressure in the wheel arch, which causes drag. But that's definitely not a Toyota thing in my eyes.

It just looks like a laser cut piece. Maybe some old school tuning methods and someone got excitable. From flow analysis I've completed on the stock body, a hole like that without a cut inner liner will actually make drag more worst than better.

• Haha 1

I too think they are stickers. At 26k miles and supposedly kept in dry storage the underside doesn't look well, mine at 90k miles is clean as hell. Also one of the sills is broken and another repaired right? 

The rear bumper has had paint, not only the colour is different but also the bumper gap is not consistent. 

.i wouldn't pay more than 33k for that car. 

A perfect reason why anyone considering buying one now should consult the owners community before doing so.

The advert is full of made up stuff and misinformation 😕 I don't know what 200 cars they are talking about; it's not Silver cars, it's not auto's, it's not 1994 cars or a combination of any of these. 200 cars brought over on a particular boat maybe that they have some long lost shipping records for? 😄 And that underside, it may have been dry stored recently but it doesn't look like it's been prepped for storage and prior to that has been somewhere damp. God know what those stickers are or that weird aerial thing on the back which you can see rubs on the roof every time you open the boot and that bolster looks worse than mine at 80k miles. At least they haven't hidden the underside, would have been quite easy to cover with underseal etc and hide it all.

• Like 2

Hmm. I don't know if the sold price was low.

£33k for a questionable 26k mile UK auto supra. 

Vs

A £45k 78k miles in very good condition UK auto supra that hasn't sold. 

Vs

A £40k 118k miles very good condition UK single turbo auto supra that hasn't sold in a month. 

To me it seems about right?? With these cars we pay for their condition not their miles. 

Edited by MrGRT (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Dnk said:

Depends where, how its been parked up really. 

Completely agree, some peoples idea of dry storage is a garage or a barn with no ventilation and an untreated/unpainted concrete floor. I don't think people realise how much damp comes up through concrete which effectively is a wick for moisture. People also just think sealing up the garage is a good idea with no understanding of how ventilation works, making the rusting problem worse.

There is a reason why dry storage facilities charge a small fortune. 

On 2/20/2022 at 12:45 PM, jongilly said:

Just looked at the pics... I doubt the mileage is correct.. I have no evidence of clocking.. However the underside is just shocking for that recorded mileage

MOT history is pretty comprehensive and backs up the mileage.

Seats do rarely give cover for a cars true age unless they have been redone and the bolster wear on the drivers seat is actually worse than on my 110k miler. But, the MOT history is hard to dispute and the gear selector and handbrake don't look particularly handled. Looks to be a bit of a bargain anyway at £33k seeing there is a much higher mileage UK TT6 advertised at the moment for mid 60's.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

I don't get why this is bargain honestly. I see a car that was sold to the highest bidder and people on this forum discussed it way before the auction ended. You would think that if it was a bargain a bidding war would have ensued as punters would then try to flip it. No point having a car advertised for 6 to 12 months to extract a few £ks more if that's not what the demand is saying. 

On 2/22/2022 at 11:23 PM, blythmrk said:

The drivers seat is extremely worn for 26k miles.

It will be a good base but needed a full nut and bolt restoration underneath in my eyes and am sure I am not alone in my opinion.

On 2/23/2022 at 8:52 AM, rider said:

Seats do rarely give cover for a cars true age unless they have been redone and the bolster wear on the drivers seat is actually worse than on my 110k miler. But, the MOT history is hard to dispute and the gear selector and handbrake don't look particularly handled. Looks to be a bit of a bargain anyway at £33k seeing there is a much higher mileage UK TT6 advertised at the moment for mid 60's.

Lots of short journeys (getting in and out a lot) could explain the wear, also if it's been moved about in storage a lot. Given the state of the rest of the car, it's also a strong possibility the seats haven't had any kind of protection or treatment to keep them in good condition.