The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yakushi Show, Whittlebury Park, 2nd-4th September 2022 Official Mkivsupra.net Club Stand!

Al Massey

Now's your chance to help your club and fellow club members, and help a bit towards all the hard work done behind the scenes to put on such a great club stand for you all! We are looking for volunteers, for cooking, and also for general help with kitchen things, even if it's just washing and tidying up. For the committed cooks and volunteers, your show tickets and club stand tickets will be reimbursed after the event, so a free weekend for you! 

So please either post here, or PM myself or Wile if you can help us out! Thank you! 

Volunteer chefs and pan cleaners

Friday Evening meal: Cook - TrickTT.

Friday late night food: Cook - Littlenum.

Saturday Breakfast:

Saturday Evening meal: Cook, TrickTT.

Saturday late night food: Cook - Littlenum

Sunday Breakfast:

Lunches will be a case of just firing up the BBQ as and when people get hungry.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

List of Attendees

All weekend vehicle display & Camping

Wile e coyote

Bender

Clay

MK4Gaz

inazone

wattwatt

TrickTT

x13mgr

Supra dino

Burna

Pete

Konrad

DreamscapeGF

Axl

M12aak

SupraFluff

Buster

Alanwheeldon

Trix143

M12aak

markssupra

letmeshowyou

danza210

Nutkin

Saturday Only' vehicle display

Hamilton

Andrew K

Auzzam

J-meiser

1 minute ago, wattwatt said:

Ticket received, can’t wait.

it says Friday - Sunday! I take it’s not a problem getting onto show ground Saturday morning? As I know us Essex lot are convoying up together Saturday morning.

The majority of people will be arriving and setting up there tents on the Friday, but yeah we will squeeze you in somewhere mate 🙂

Alex West (inazone) has very kindly volunteered to cook us all Saturday breakfast! Thank you very much mate 🙂

Now's your chance to help your club and fellow club members, and help a bit towards all the hard work done behind the scenes to put on such a great club stand for you all! We are looking for volunteers, for cooking, and also for general help with kitchen things, even if it's just washing and tidying up. For the committed cooks and volunteers, your show tickets and club stand tickets will be reimbursed after the event, so a free weekend for you! 

So please either post here, or PM myself or Wile if you can help us out! Thank you! 

Volunteer chefs and pan cleaners

Friday Evening meal: Cook - TrickTT.

Friday late night food: Cook - Littlenum.

Saturday Breakfast: inazone

Saturday Evening meal: Cook, TrickTT.

Saturday late night food: Cook - Littlenum

Sunday Breakfast:

Lunches will be a case of just firing up the BBQ as and when people get hungry.

I don't trust myself cooking lol, but I'm happy to help out tidying and washing up for a couple of slots. Not fussed about which ones.

I also noticed I'm in the list twice, probably my fault, as I bought my mates' passenger ticket separately a few days later. Will only be bringing one car this year (plan to start bringing both to events next year if possible)

Cheers

• Like 1

16 hours ago, m12aak said:

I don't trust myself cooking lol, but I'm happy to help out tidying and washing up for a couple of slots. Not fussed about which ones.

I also noticed I'm in the list twice, probably my fault, as I bought my mates' passenger ticket separately a few days later. Will only be bringing one car this year (plan to start bringing both to events next year if possible)

Cheers

It Will Come out in The Wash on the day

See What I did there lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, m12aak said:

Cheers

That's great mate thank you for offering to help! That will be a big help 🙂

You will have received both your tickets by email last week 🙂

• Like 1

Over 40 Supras now booked over the weekend! 😎

Only 2 weeks left of discounted advanced ticket sales, then the price will go up! We also only have very limited space left on the club stand, so it is now on a first come first served basis before we shortly close the club shop.

• Like 1

Less than 3 weeks to go on this now. For anyone that used to come to JAE, you'll know what you need to bring 🙂

For those who didn't, please remember to bring (for yourself and anyone else in your party who has food/drink tickets):

- a bowl/plate

- a mug

- cutlery

- something to sit on (my chair is unlikely to make an appearance)

Oh, and if you're feeling generous, a bag of hard wood (for the fire pit) too please.

10 hours ago, letmeshowyou said:

Oh, and if you're feeling generous, a bag of hard wood (for the fire pit) too please.

Yes all please bring a bag of hard wood with you for the firepits on the nights, or you will be cold! lol You will be amazed at how much wood we get through!

2 hours ago, Burna said:

Yes all please bring a bag of hard wood with you for the firepits on the nights, or you will be cold! lol You will be amazed at how much wood we get through!

The more efficient way to keep a hot spot going would be a burning log or two. I've done them many times for parties and weddings and a good size log, something about 12" to 18" wide and up to 3 foot tall, will burn away nicely for many hours on a still evening. If its windy they do burn faster as any fire will. 

I have about 20T of seasoned cord wood ready to cut and about 5T of cut logs if anyone local to me (central Shropshire) who is going would like to grab a Supra boot full for free. If you like to look of the burning log then I'll show you how to prepare them which means you have to be OK with handling and using a fairly large chainsaw and be prepared to have a large log sat across your back seat. The burning log would need some notice as I'd need to fit the log grab onto my digger that is currently sporting an auger to dig post holes. Or there is the ready split logs sitting there ready to take away.

To set a burning log alight, you either need a spot of diesel fuel or a firelighter. Those supermarket bags are just wildly expensive for what they are, it pains me when I see people buying those.

burning log.jpg

1 hour ago, rider said:

I have about 20T of seasoned cord wood ready to cut and about 5T of cut logs if anyone local to me (central Shropshire) who is going would like to grab a Supra boot full for free.

Thank you Rider, that's very generous of you!

@Petecan you please pick some up and bring with you 🙂

On 8/16/2022 at 9:21 PM, letmeshowyou said:

what are their babysitting rates like for that weekend?! (but seriously Nico loves older kids so hopefully they can drag him away from the iPad for a bit!)

Mates rates 😉😂 Drag kids away from ipads phones etc is quite hard those days but who knows 🤷‍♂️

Been to Rising Sun, JAE and Yakushi for years. I’ve always went with my local club from up Newcastle but everyone’s priorities have now changed and numbers have sadly dwindled over the years so I reckon our stands just going to be my Sup plus 1 or 2 mates motors.

If you guys throw this next year I’ll sign up and join up with you all. If you see a random Sup out the way give me a shout 😂 

49B9BE9D-6946-40FB-A09E-560CBFA593F4.jpeg

On 8/21/2022 at 11:22 AM, Jaycm said:

Been to Rising Sun, JAE and Yakushi for years. I’ve always went with my local club from up Newcastle but everyone’s priorities have now changed and numbers have sadly dwindled over the years so I reckon our stands just going to be my Sup plus 1 or 2 mates motors.

If you guys throw this next year I’ll sign up and join up with you all. If you see a random Sup out the way give me a shout 😂 

49B9BE9D-6946-40FB-A09E-560CBFA593F4.jpeg

Pop Over and say hi

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommyg_5 said:

Got tickets for the Saturday. What time will we need to be there to get the car onto the stand with you guys ?

Excited to meet you guys and see so many supras in one place!

I’m afraid unless you’ve got a full weekend display and camping ticket and wrist band you won’t be able to park on the club stand. The Yakushi show organisers will park you down by the lake in the show and shine area and work back the parking from there. Parking and camping on the stand is all allocated in advance with the tickets sales, so the show doesn’t have empty plots.