The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Power!

Fitz

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

White car is poorly again. I took it to Silverstone Garage as there wasn't much I could do to troubleshoot, turns out it's an 'exhaust misfire' rather than an engine misfire. Suspected sticky valve, which would be a head off or engine swap (apparently an engine swap would be cheaper!) so I may just end up flogging the car.. we'll see!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the club Animal. :p

I picked mine up today. Seems to run OK, I want to get it on a Dyno as it doesn't feel all that powerful (I might just be used to it). The steering is a lot heavier than it was, possibly something to do with the fact I now have a Facelift engine and ECU.. :search: I'm not sure I like it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Just joined the group. :)

I am modifying an N/A engine, and have started an album in my profile of work completed so far. :cool:

The engine has done 60k and it is usual for around 20 of the horses to have escaped by this time, so assuming a start figure of around 200bhp.

It would be nice to get her up to 280, which would be 300 on a new motor.

However, it is my everyday car and want to gain economy also, so focussing modifications on efficiency.

I will update the album as I go, want her on the rollers before Christmas. :carwash:

Feel free to take a peep. :search:

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.