The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Power!

Fitz

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here i got t o l d it makes it run to rich & stay with stock but i had it anyway & fitted it i can always wind the gauge right out & then it will just run stock pressure i am after a pillar pod but not universal n i z thinks h e can make me it

Thanks for that info, I will contact them.

He works in a curry/pizza shop. Keeps telling me 'jurgen' is going to let him drive these flash cars to work etc because he has business insurance.. think i smell BS. Not sure when to have a next meet mate. Theres the squires meet coming up 1st tuesday of the month. Always atleast 4 turn up. Look in the yorkshire section.

The thirst for power raised its ugly head on the way home from pancakes. Trying to keep up with the 2 BPU TT's and the Silvia (far from stock engine) I was with was impossible. I was happy to be the 4th fastest thing about, but there was a big differance which was doing my head in. Again, it was mainly the fact that they were pulling away from the twisties and roundabouts so, so, much quicker. This is why its the 0-60 rather than top end I'm interested in.

Excellent idea:d Seriously though, it will have to wait.

And now my heater matrix seems to have packed in. Got the dreaded misting and nasty smell and a gurgle from behined the dash when I leave it at tick over and increase the revs to 1500rpm:(

Not happening mate. Definately the heater matrix. Going to stick some radwell in tomorrow and try my best not to drive anywhere. Hopefully do it one night (or 2) next week. I'm going to have to order a 2nd hand one of Jezz I think. I cant afford £300 on a new one I dont think. Wish I had a job.

Heater Matrix arrived today from Jezz. Looks in good condition. Now just waiting for next week to do it all. I so far havn't driven the car since the problem surfaced so its got no worse and I have no water in the footwell. Hopefully I can get away with only having to get it 8 miles to the workshop one night.

Heh, no thanks. :) They look nice, but afaik they've never been wind tunnel tested so could well do more harm than good. I surprisingly had very little issue with grip at Rockingham, nor even any issue with braking, so if anything I'll be doing 'minor' bits and pieces next (Steering wheel/drivers seat).

Strangely enough it'll just be for show on mine:D I think though if Paul used them on his TA Rex they can't be too bad. At my sort of speeds though I doubt there will be much differance one way or the other.

How are those seats of yours holding up? They're the Misano S right? I was looking at them for use in the track car, since I want something with more hold than standard without going for a full-on bucket. I need to find a wheel too, really not sure what to look at..

The saets are very good mate, they do hold you in possition well. Though Im a bit bigger than you:D Steering wheels are personal preferance. The suade feel nice but will wear etc. I have a very small wheel, 320mm dia. I like it but took some getting used too. It feels more precise but works you harder and you feel the road more, ie bumps. Thats just my opinion;)

Looks like that GB on the diffuser will fall through which is a not good. I cant justify the normal price:(

I seem to remember it being rather tight when I sat it one, are they the standard width?

More feel from the wheel is exactly what I want, not sure about working harder (I'm too unfit), they all look pretty pricy so I'll keep browsing around. Momo Drift wheel looks quite nice, but they all seem to be black & yellow - I'd like a different colour! :(

I noticed the Diffuser GB is falling through, have you even got a job yet? Could be a good thing! :p

I seem to remember at suprapod you were surprised I got in them:tongue::D

Sparco are a very good wheel too. My mate has an excellant one with a very deep dish, allows perfect driving position:)

Job wise, I now have a couple of things in the pipe line. I just hope I get one:rolleyes:

I'll let you off if you buy a diffuser so I can get one cheaper:p

Seriously though the seats are good:) Do you have any decent motor places nearish you? I just ask because a place like Demon Tweeks near me is ideal, where you can go into the show room and try differant seats and get a feel for steering wheels etc. Halfauds usually have the odd seat you can try but not really a comprehensive selection which you need.

While I'm not working feel free to take a day off and pop up here for a trip to Tweeks:) It's a fair drive but may be helpfull if there is nothing closer.

Nearest place I have here is GRP at Silverstone, but they only had 4-5 bucket seats available for sitting in. Tweeks is about 2 hours away, might be worth the drive if I fancy a day out. I'll check when my service with CW is due and could possibly do both at the same time.. though I haven't got anything planned on Saturday...

Tweeks have a good selection in fairness. If you wanted to meet me and go have a look, the next couple of weekends are unavailable for me sorry mate. But if you go without me I won't be too cross.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.