The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brad’s SRD big build supra

bradleyh_15

• 2 weeks later...

wicked! out of interest, were the skirts you bought a direct bolt on fit in the end or did you still have issues?

i bought my original ones from knightracer as a direct good fit but they fit like crap and needed endless hours to get them to fit nicely. They offered a refund but at that point they were at the bodyshop and i couldn't be bothered

23 minutes ago, tayr said:

wicked! out of interest, were the skirts you bought a direct bolt on fit in the end or did you still have issues?

i bought my original ones from knightracer as a direct good fit but they fit like crap and needed endless hours to get them to fit nicely. They offered a refund but at that point they were at the bodyshop and i couldn't be bothered

Well the original ones I bought were so far out it wasn’t worth trying. The second set were a lot better but by no means direct bolt on they still needed fettling to fit. I will see if I can find the video the paint guy sent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tayr said:

Here you go mate, video the body shop sent of the second set of side skirts. By no means a direct bolt on. Won’t let me upload a video from my phone to hear so I’ve done it on YouTube and here’s the link

1 hour ago, tayr said:

ahhh mate this video gives me such PTSD about my ones haha. Just goes to show even the guarunteed bolt on fits still need alot of work

I know that no after market body panel is going to be perfect but then there’s a little adjustment and big adjustment. As I said the first ones just weren’t worth it in my opinion 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Homer said:

That’s how they look in every supra that’s not been fully restored. There’s a few parts that have the same finish and are ALWAYS rusty! Rear suspension plastic supports are another common one.

Love the attention to detail on your build!

Thanks, I just can’t handle the idea of just covering it up. Same as the dash, nothing really wrong with it just needs a clean but I know it could be better and if I refresh it then it won’t lift by the vent like they usually do any time soon. I hate wiring and all the wiring for the old Clifford is stressing me out. Going to have to get it sorted before it goes to get the engine fitted

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mwilkinson said:

What Darryl said.  Mine had surface rust when I removed it.  I had it media blasted and powder coated.  I couldn't get it galvanised as they said the metal was too thin and would warp.

When you say, "get the dash looked at", what do you actually mean? What are your plans with it?

I’m going to get it fully recovered as although it’s ok at the moment I know how likely it is that it will lift by the vent and then I will have to take it out and get it done so may as well get it done while the car is apart. I’ve searched for a new dash for years now but to no avail. Can get a left handed one but that’s of no use to me.

• 2 weeks later...