The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brad’s SRD big build supra

bradleyh_15

29 minutes ago, bradleyh_15 said:

Went for CCW’s mate and been a long time coming 😅 can’t wait to finally see the end product of the wheels 🤞🏼 Then once it’s been painted should look 😍 what works did you go for?

Nice!

I went 3 piece S1 with copper barrel, grey centre and black hardware mate. Should look the business! 🙂 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bradleyh_15 said:

There’s  a strong possibility that after 8 years of it being off the road and dismantled it could be from something else 😅

May explain why we are all drawing a blank! lol. Mine was only put back together recently from the respray and I don’t recall seeing anything like that. 😕

Love the new wheels, hurry up and get those bad boys fitted so I can see some photos. 😉 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Peter P said:

May explain why we are all drawing a blank! lol. Mine was only put back together recently from the respray and I don’t recall seeing anything like that. 😕

Love the new wheels, hurry up and get those bad boys fitted so I can see some photos. 😉 

Going to get them protected before they get put on. Going to have a hunt around and see what’s best 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by bradleyh_15 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bradleyh_15 said:

Going to get them protected before they get out on. Going to have a hunt around and see what’s best 

I'd advise you get the tyres fitted and balanced before they're ceramic coated (I presume that's what you're looking at), otherwise the wheel weights won't stick to the coated surface properly and you may need to compound/polish the coating off to make them stick. I don't know what the best coating is for wheels but I'm sure there are a fair few detailers about who can recommend something.

I follow Obsessed Garage on YT and Matt over there recommends two coats of Carpro DLUX topped with Gliss V2 for wheels, (I have no idea how well it lasts etc., as I haven't used it yet), but it should be a good solution for a non-professional to use and apply. There will be professional only coatings that will last longer out there too, like Modesta BC-06 and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, m12aak said:

I'd advise you get the tyres fitted and balanced before they're ceramic coated (I presume that's what you're looking at), otherwise the wheel weights won't stick to the coated surface properly and you may need to compound/polish the coating off to make them stick. I don't know what the best coating is for wheels but I'm sure there are a fair few detailers about who can recommend something.

I follow Obsessed Garage on YT and Matt over there recommends two coats of Carpro DLUX topped with Gliss V2 for wheels, (I have no idea how well it lasts etc., as I haven't used it yet), but it should be a good solution for a non-professional to use and apply. There will be professional only coatings that will last longer out there too, like Modesta BC-06 and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. 

Thanks mate, yes it is ceramic coating I’m looking at. Looked at a few and possibly thinking about getting a pro to do it 😅 but then again they are brand new so should be pretty straight forward to do.

Yeah I understand the wheel weights may not adhere to the wheel if I do it before tyres and weights, top point 👍🏼

• Like 2