The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brad’s SRD big build supra

bradleyh_15

4 hours ago, mwilkinson said:

Thanks.  I've put my glasses on and can see it actually says body and not boot, so that makes sense.

Not seen that part damaged before.

Not sure how you would other than a bad front ender or someone opening their door and a car taking it off maybe? Not sure what happened, they must have ordered it by mistake with the part numbers I gave and then thought oh fuck he didn’t order that and none else order supra parts from us so give it to him?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 3:22 PM, bradleyh_15 said:

All booked in for the 5th time to have the glass put in so fingers crossed this lot turn up Tuesday next week

Just a heads up with the glass.. (because i had a nightmare)

Both screens require the seals to be fitted to the glass first. My windscreen guy was adamant that the rear screen had to be fitted first before the seal went on. He literally fitted the screen and left - leaving me to do the seal. A few backwards and forwards messages later of me saying im pretty sure the seal had to go on first and him getting pissed off because "what do i know?!" He finally agreed to come back a week later.. at which point he realised i was right and was rather apologetic. Annoying because it was a freshly painted boot lid and the rear screens are discontinued so removing it again ment risk to the fresh paint and also the risk of breaking the screen during removal. Fortunately no damage was done though and the screen was re fitted with the seal attached!

Also, the front screen has to be seated quite firmly, the seal itself needs to be recessed passed the edge of the roof. Mine doesn't, meaning the seal keeps popping out in a couple of places! So again now my front windscreen also has to be removed for a 2nd time and re fitted again but seated further into the recess

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, HarleyFDMD said:

Cant wait to see this finished. Think its going to easily be one of my favourites!

What do you intend to use it for? Just regular fast road weekend stuff? Or track?

Also I’m flattered mate thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 7:18 PM, bradleyh_15 said:

IMG_6568.thumb.jpeg.78b46ac20257a00f07844a5de630f872.jpegIMG_6565.thumb.jpeg.d6aa505f4ccff89afe075d929a39d9f6.jpegA bit of a boring update but got some new keys, just waiting for them to be cut.

IMG_6490.thumb.jpeg.882c59ca8db4958749330e70ed5d9b82.jpegAlso got the carbon fibre wiper cowell fitted 

Do you need to remove the windscreen to fit the wiper cowl?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...