The mkiv Supra Owners Club

“Is that a supra”

Nathanj1142

I honestly dont mind it, just people having their moment of fun.

A lot of the time I try and have some fun back with it and make a comment on whatever they're driving in a humourous or humourless way, depending on whether they're being a laugh, or being a knob haha

My favourite so far was coming out of Morrisons to find a group of young lads around it, 1 of them said the line as I unlocked it and they realised I was the owner. 1 of them was propped up against his Civic sat 2 spots down and says "christ it's only a car" too which I replied "Is that a laaaawwwnmower". Took it pretty well to be fair while most of his mates were pissing themselves at his expense. Actually spoken to a few of them since and they seem harmless enough

Edited by Crossy (see edit history)

I have no problem talking to people who are genuinely interested in the car. I'll often pop the bonnet; even let them sit in it if i'm not in a hurry.

But, that drives me nuts! :blink:

First few times was OK, but after several 100 it gets very old very quickly lol

Used to get the same thing when i had the F&F replica with 'What's the retail on one of those?' or 'Overnight parts from Japan?'

But i guess we have to accept these things when we drive such an iconic car! I much prefer it when children refer to it as a race car :D

Lol better than someone saying nice Subaru mate or shame its an auto but really who cares, far more important things to

get upset about

I like to keep on the DL that mines NA. People usually lose interest at that point cause it’s not 1000bhp. It’s been called a Subaru a few times too lol

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go :D

Cheers Ben. Just what I wanted to hear!!

I don’t ever get people saying “Is that a Supra?!”, I always get and have done for 13 years- “Is it NA or TT?” followed by “Is it manual?” :rlol:

Is it a tt, "yes" is it a manual "no you cant get aeros in.............. and they are gone muttering how they wouldnt have brought an auto.

Not experienced this yet but have heard the usual spotty teenager group say "oh its an auto", I just reply "have you driven an auto or manual supra?" lol

I offered one of these a few passenger laps in mine at Castle Coombe and he sadly declined

A girl at Silverstone jumped in and loved it :) Even when we ran rather wide at Copse :innocent: