The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Prices, what happened?

marc_p

I genuinely thought I had mine listed correctly at 19k. How wrong was I. Bodywork wasn't perfect but it was damn good! Lots of moving parts recently replaced, good overall condition, lots of history etc etc. Frustrating when you see 6 speeds listed at over 30k.

/QUOTE]

Just take your time. A storm blue auto bpu just sold for 20+K (€23xxx) over here.

Your car is a really nice example imo.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. If you look on the Japanese sale pages, you will find that well maintained, tuned classics with desirable, period modifications are worth similar sums to the best standard examples. A 240z for example, with one of the original run OS Giken tc24 twin cam head conversions will be worth several times what an equivalent, low miles stock example will be.

This... I feel like BPU cars have become the norm as it were and that a BPU car with period modifications will still demand a reasonable price. if I was buying one now, and I still think I would for the money they demand, I would want a BPU with a sensible spec, 3" exhaust components, Mines/Blitz ECU, Non-flashy boost controller, stock / OEM body, Eibach suspension etc. Obviously its all in the eye of the beholder, so you just have to hope you have what someone else wants.

I feel like manuals will continue to rise at double the rate of an auto, I believe that autos will have their time but it will be a while. I think that people will buy in to a supra and be putting other boxes in and I don't know where the value of these will go.

I sold out my N/A aerotop a couple of years back intending on buying back in to a TT aerotop with BPU mods like my original car from many years ago when I reduced my annual mileage below 20k. I couldn't even get my N/A back now as its doubled in value from the £4.5k I sold it for let alone a TT with BPU on it. Its not just supras that have gone crazy - skylines have gone even more crackers.

Supras never held the prices up like NSX's did because of the amount of jap imports that flooded the market - I would predict that NSX prices will head from daft money up to ludicrous soon

I will look at Porsche instead as they are dropping in price like the supra did when I owned them and are becoming more affordable than supra's are. That said there is a pretty nice looking single aristo on ebay at the mo I like the look of :)

I remember buying my Uk tt6 17 years ago (Uks were easy to insure back then and cheaper!) they were hard to find then so I knew the inevitable rarity would happen at some point but I am not in it for the money if I was going to sell I would have by now but I think in the next 12-24 months a stock Uk tt6 in mint condition maybe 50k

I think we should feel very fortunate to own one or two of these unique cars.

On the parts front there are always choice parts that fetch a premium I was wanting some mats for my b7 rs4 as my drivers one is worn but they are £280 for a used set and far from mint so they are going the same way

• 4 weeks later...

There has been a lot of chat about TT6 , N/A, auto, manual Supra’s and their prices. But what do we think about GZ TT aerotop with its original auto? Do we price that along with TT6 or closer to TT auto? And where would N/A aerotop be? Obviously there aren’t that many aerotops out there so I’m very curious what do you guys think?

There has been a lot of chat about TT6 , N/A, auto, manual Supra’s and their prices. But what do we think about GZ TT aerotop with its original auto? Do we price that along with TT6 or closer to TT auto? And where would N/A aerotop be? Obviously there aren’t that many aerotops out there so I’m very curious what do you guys think?

Mines converted to tt, I had concrete interest at 17k. There’s a gz on ebay at 21k saying deposit taken

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

I paid £9500 for my tt 6 speed bpu as a divorce present to myself she got the profit from the house she's spent all hers but the supra has gained so think I got the better deal :p

That's brilliant you definitely come out on top wish I could of said the same when I got divorced 16 years ago I lost just under 500,000 it still boils my blood now

What’s the thinking about the MkV having an effect on MkIV prices? (Did try a search for a thread about it but no luck)

I would say that looking at the honda nsx would be a good example has the new model affected the old one probably not.

I would imagine a tt6 is always going to command top price it's a legend now and I don't suppose that will change

What’s the thinking about the MkV having an effect on MkIV prices? (Did try a search for a thread about it but no luck)

will not affect it at all as its not a real Toyota , if its not very good could even push up the MKIV as people remember how good the pure MKIV was / is .

all just my opinion of course so probably wrong

will not affect it at all as its not a real Toyota , if its not very good could even push up the MKIV as people remember how good the pure MKIV was / is .

all just my opinion of course so probably wrong

I agree. It's not the same pedigree as the mkiv. for starters its not even a Toyota engine. Such a letdown.

I agree. It's not the same pedigree as the mkiv. for starters its not even a Toyota engine. Such a letdown.

It's not just the engine though is it, the body is BMW, most of the trim, knobs, buttons are shared with other BMW's.......I don't see anything on the mkv that is pure Toyota.....It's all about the history and heritage and the mkv's history and heritage is German.

Toyota should have kept everything Japanese like in the mkiv.....Serious let down imo.

It's not just the engine though is it, the body is BMW, most of the trim, knobs, buttons are shared with other BMW's.......I don't see anything on the mkv that is pure Toyota.....It's all about the history and heritage and the mkv's history and heritage is German.

Toyota should have kept everything Japanese like in the mkiv.....Serious let down imo.

Yep what nissan did for the skyline range. Toyota should of done for the supra. I know they are totally different cars before some smarty pants decides to comment on that.

2JZ-GTE was part designed and developed by a German firm, and the 6 speed manual boxes, and the uprated damper option in the mkiv were designed and produced by other German firms. The auto boxes are shared with various cars, including the Volvo 960.

Maybe the JZA80 / mkiv Supra isn't a real Supra either?

The 2000gt was designed and initially built by Yamaha. Perhaps that isn't a real Toyota either?

2JZ-GTE was part designed and developed by a German firm, and the 6 speed manual boxes, and the uprated damper option in the mkiv were designed and produced by other German firms. The auto boxes are shared with various cars, including the Volvo 960.

Maybe the JZA80 / mkiv Supra isn't a real Supra either?

The 2000gt was designed and initially built by Yamaha. Perhaps that isn't a real Toyota either?

Hmm yes its ok to get other companies to help design built parts for your car but to get a competitor to just do it completely is another thing, copout if you ask me.