The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK TT6 Project on eBay auction

rider

No chance of the price not becoming silly now it's on here :rolleyes:

I know where you are coming from but to be fair I think the days of ones like this staying under the radar are gone regardless of being posted up here or not, slightly better chance it will escape a trader if it is put up here.

Didn’t seem to sell with last bid £8600, not the bidding frenzy one might expect for an original manual. Strange history, off road since 2003 so assume did 120000 miles in 9 years and put away without a known serious mechanical fault whilst still a relatively young car but kept by the same (apparently enthusiastic) owner. Also not sure how you crack the numberplate changing the battery and just replace it if you’ve had it made up! Will be interesting if it pops up again.

I messaged him via ebay and he came back saying he was up for people making offers, so guess someone made him a good one.................whether 12K was good enough or 15 etc etc I have no idea but I reckon someone might have got a (semi) bargain.....I just can't bring myself to compete these days as you have zero chance (unless it's right on your doorstep) of any sort of inspection in the time frame anything remotely decent hangs around for.

Also I still suspect a trader will have got this and it will be 'flipped', cash offer and can collect midweek, screams trader (they will be well versed in not appearing like a trader when talking to a 'I'd like it to go to an enthusiast' seller)

Also I still suspect a trader will have got this and it will be 'flipped', cash offer and can collect midweek, screams trader (they will be well versed in not appearing like a trader when talking to a 'I'd like it to go to an enthusiast' seller)

It might end up in High Wycombe?

I'd give a guess with the £8k reserve the seller would have listened to a £10k cheeky and accepted £11k or £12k for a sold as seen. It could be a non driver so that's a fair price to take on the risk and challenge, plus its silver. If it'd been red, white or blue I'd have been over to Cannock myself yesterday with a big bulge in my pocket and a trailer on the car.

It was a non driver as the brakes were all seized and the rad had a small leak. The interior looked good as did the body, so probably a good prospect for the new owner whatever they do with it.

Shows they are out there albeit often in hibernation!

It was a non driver as the brakes were all seized and the rad had a small leak. The interior looked good as did the body, so probably a good prospect for the new owner whatever they do with it.

Shows they are out there albeit often in hibernation!

I was thinking more non driver with a driveline issue. Its unusual for a running car to be parked up for that length of time unless it has something seriously amiss with it as it would have fetched close to £10k back in 2003 as a runner which is equivalent to £15k today. Not many people would park up a perfectly good £15k car that at that time wasn't even bottom price Supra so wasn't the appreciating asset it is today.

I messaged the seller just before it sold. I wanted to know about any rust issues. He advised that someone from Toyota GB purchased the car to restore it to use for a promotion event next year for the release of the new Toyota Supra 2019.

Happy to be proved wrong but sounds like the seller maybe talking or believing rubbish. Toyota GB sold the only Supra from their ‘collection’ not that long ago for ‘financial reasons’ and doing one up that’s been stood for 15 years would surely make little financial sense to them especially with so many pristine manuals to chose from on this forum to borrow. Most of their dealer network don’t even know a lot about them. I bet we will see this car again soon for sale.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.