The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK TT6 Project on eBay auction

rider

I was thinking more non driver with a driveline issue. Its unusual for a running car to be parked up for that length of time unless it has something seriously amiss with it as it would have fetched close to £10k back in 2003 as a runner which is equivalent to £15k today. Not many people would park up a perfectly good £15k car that at that time wasn't even bottom price Supra so wasn't the appreciating asset it is today.

Could have been a health issue? and then kept for sentimental value and the thought that "one day i'll get it back on the road"? I agree though that it's a long time.....

Why has the buyer not crowned himself in glory?

I think because of the (likely) fib to a seller who wanted it to go to an enthusiast. But hey that's business and a seller can't really dictate where it goes, or he could but at the end of the day the right price (in the sellers head) will get the deal done, as it must have done.

Sooooooo did anyone on here get the gumtree car posted earlier today.........(I feel I can mention it as the advert has been pulled)

So ad on gumtree 10.53, I send a message at 13.40, seller replies 14.50 with he has received an offer significantly over the asking price so he's looking into it.....16.11 I check and advert no longer on gumtree!

Market is crazy if a semi bargain appears! blink and you miss them...

Sooooooo did anyone on here get the gumtree car posted earlier today.........(I feel I can mention it as the advert has been pulled)

So ad on gumtree 10.53, I send a message at 13.40, seller replies 14.50 with he has received an offer significantly over the asking price so he's looking into it.....16.11 I check and advert no longer on gumtree!

Market is crazy if a semi bargain appears! blink and you miss them...

Saw it Scooter. Sent you a PM.

How much was it up for?

£15k, but he received a significantly higher offer (so not mega cheap?), then the ad was gone, so not sure what it went for.........21 years the guy had had it though and it was on 88K miles but with some paint fade (probably just needed a really good detail)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.