My 96 Uk tt6 thread - ongoing project!

blythmrk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I replaced my vents last year and was surprised at the difference between new and old with the old ones having a sand blasted pitted appearance (I thought that was just the way they were) and the new ones being shiny black plastic. A couple of the slats were broken on my old vents as well so its well worth people grabbing a spare set while they can as they do deteriorate.

It's so much easier with a ramp though, you really should get yourself one with all the cars you have. An outside scissor ramp would make things so much easier and a professional setup isn't that expensive especially if you can do the ground work yourself. Domestic 2 phase power supply does limit your choice on lifts but still a good choice to be had. My only regret with a lift is I didn't have one installed sooner.

I have also been very busy prepping all the front end sub frames and suspension arms etc for my front suspension rebuild.

Arms, hubs, and steel subframe.

460E2CFC-58DB-4279-9A2A-9FD13229D60C.jpeg

Alloy subframe blasted and pu lacquered as I didn’t want to simply paint it silver!

57B17826-54C8-4EF7-85EE-CC52D66840CE.jpeg

I also have nearly mint oem toyota Blidsteins to match the rear sorry I forgot to take pictures!

Stainless steel hoses (Goodrich)

Steering rack with inner and outer rod ends replaced.

Edited by blythmrk (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

It’s been a while again since my last update but I now have replaced both front sub frames and everything else on the front suspension

Plus fitted braided Goodrich hoses too.

I also replaced the original tired intercooler with a very good used oem intercooler (a few bent fins but no flaking)

Before all this I bare metalled any areas of concern, but it was very good as I had previously done the sills last year going under the arch liners and wax oiled it too so I completely removed the arch liners gave everything a good clean and refitted the new/refurbished parts.

All went very smoothly and it passed its mot with no advisories plus 4 wheel laser alignment.

A33FAD7D-E6C0-4021-9B5C-4BA4D803F94E.jpeg

851218D9-34F1-401F-BFA3-64DC94AD924D.jpeg

EB8E89C6-8117-4721-9F7F-FDE59E2B25A0.jpeg

92FA76CD-3C91-4360-B3ED-B35074BF49F3.jpeg

2A0101EE-8A80-4BA0-AC0A-31D022F2C46D.jpeg

BC1882AA-7A5F-422D-A83F-672553B818E3.jpeg

E858FF48-2DBA-433F-8CA8-21FC78900628.jpeg

11522222-A910-4342-8609-7424FCFD6104.jpeg

5F511A00-8292-40FC-9C32-64F61C0B4DD1.jpeg

23BA4A3C-99DE-4114-A54A-AABBC6EE9343.jpeg

Remember I do all this at home on the floor

I may do a windows out respray next year but it looks ok just not perfect

Did you get all these parts from Toyota or other suppliers?

A real mix I have been collecting parts for the last two years!

Some new from Toyota/TCB, some used off my fresh import shell (all really clean/as new) and some sourced direct from Japan like the tank guard. wheel bearings and drop links are blue print the disks, pads and calipers were simply swapped over as I changed those last year for new ones.

Everything has been prepped & painted to ensure a long life and no corrosion.

A real mix I have been collecting parts for the last two years!

Some new from Toyota/TCB, some used off my fresh import shell (all really clean/as new) and some sourced direct from Japan like the tank guard. wheel bearings and drop links are blue print the disks, pads and calipers were simply swapped over as I changed those last year for new ones.

Everything has been prepped & painted to ensure a long life and no corrosion.

Thats good, just wondered if there were bits you couldn't get from Toyota at all. Makes sense to prep them as best as possible for longevity, best to keep it as new as possible considering the investment you're putting in.

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update on my Blk Uk tt6.

Well the weather was dry and warm in Saturday so I thought I would take the old girl for a spin but the thing was dead as a dodo

A quick check with my battery tester and it came up replace so a quick visit to my local Mr t and they exchanged it under warranty.

It fired straight up with no problems with the new one and ran as sweet as everB3DF5090-30D3-4E24-902F-4B571AE56818.jpeg