The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So much hate

Guest Del1981

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and they are everywhere. I ran my NA5 for 4 years and loved it. So much more fun than the TT. TT was great in a straight line but I never trusted it in the bends and wet like I did with the NA. Maybe it never had enough power to worry me...:D

H.

Exactly my experience and view too.

This said, I do wish mine was a TT some times when I put my foot down and don’t get that kick the BPU’d TT used to give.

I have a manual but not a twin turbo. Everyone asks is it a twin turbo I say no. They look disappointed but I alway reply with its quick enough round here and I wouldn't like to pay for the fuel the twin drinks. They usually smile after that. Mine isn't done up.. got scratches which I will repair at some point soon but who cares had it since 2010 and love it.

Never found my BPU'd TT to be bad on fuel to be honest, yes if really used then you can get down into the low teens but

on the other hand it would easily get 25 on run and if being very very sensible 30 was achievable

What do you get out of an NA ?

often the difference is more manual to auto, a manual NA is definitely the most economical Supra but there isn't masses in it.

I did do a Dragonball (2006 maybe?) to that econ village place down the French coast from Guildford and did the whole trip without refuelling in my old NA.

Whats the best mpg you'll get out of an NA, i read lots of threads on here that seem to imply a TT could actually be better

or is that just down to the car concerned not being in tip top condition

I think from my experience you wouldn't find alot in it apart from the temptation to play in a TT. I have found NA's to be slightly better than TT's but a TT will do very similar mpg if driven carefully its just the TT power under your right foot and the need to hear wastegate/BOV during gear change makes it more uneconomical as an average over the course of a tank.

Indeed they are essentially the same engine until you boost and the TT naturally fires more fuel in!

I'd say in general driving (where the TT is in stock sequential) you might see 5mpg diff, but I've never in almost 15 years of ownership ever calculated it on any of mine.

Whats the best mpg you'll get out of an NA, i read lots of threads on here that seem to imply a TT could actually be better

or is that just down to the car concerned not being in tip top condition

A TT driven gently will do more MPG than an N/A driven in a way it can keep up with modern traffic ;) No, seriously though, an N/A has to work pretty hard pulling all that weight around so unless given the kid gloves treatment can be a thirsty old beast. of course a 3 litre boosted to over 1 bar above atmospheric is like a 6 litre engine with the according thirst. I think I often got sub 16 MPG in my TT auto driven enthusiastically, and probably about 10 to 12 MPG on a track day, driven like a mad man.

Any Supra owner must be prepared for questions from random people at petrol station car parks etc. some of them really dont care what is under the bonnet the some of them asking its is a famous 2JZ and rest of them asking if it a turbo and i always told them its a non turbo as i used it everyday and need something more economical than turbo supra but there is absolutely no hate what so ever they all says same thing at the end amazing car. Even if i had just 5 speed manual na i love it to bits that moment when you sit inside and that feeling its all what i care about i driving my dream car and who cares it dobt have 400BHP or some new diesels can overtake it etc at the end you are the one who own a Supra

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

one sunday I went to pick up the missus from Cardiff ,I was stuck in a huge jam on the M4 ,a gaggle of bikers came down the middle of the cars and almost everyone gave me the thumbs up or a toot of the horn ,not one stopped and asked if it was an n/a auto .

Getting 170 miles to a tank at the moment in an NA5, o2 sensors are currently drowning in lemon juice though so hopefully I'll be able to report slightly better numbers next week!

That lemon juice cleaning does bugger all from my own experiences. Had much better results when I put a new sensor in

We live in a world where many people believe things give them status , people love brand image ,badges and logos , Ray bans, lacoste, rolex , and so on , people copy or imitate ,they put M3 badges on a 318 , have fake a rolex - and so on - Its not that people "hate" the lesser versions -they all basically do the same thing , but people look upon it as a form of cheating , having something that mimics the iconic item ,withour spending the dollar , so they ask ..... is that a rolex? ? No its a lorex from the market, £20 - You cant have the status without spending the dollar - millions of people spend to gain the status , so its cheating not to .....Its lucky no one made a supra kit car -lol