The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So much hate

Guest Del1981

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering if any turbo owners were responding on this topic or not. All I can say is, if you bought a turbo supra, you bought it for that reason. Not cause we bother bout the fuel consumption. Any fast high powered car drinks fuel. If you complain whilst owning one (not that people really are and if you are, pardon me as I meant no harm) then you no different than people asking to modify their engine to gain more power but still want fuel economy. Drive a diesel in that case or a 1 litre Yaris/Vitz :D

The point is though a BPU TT can be as good on fuel as an NA, a fact i loved about my TT's was i could drive

sensibly and return 25 + mpg, on one run out in europe i got that figure up to 30mpg which i consider pretty good.

Then if i wanted to i had 400 hp to go play with, so imo the best of both worlds.

The only advantage i see that the NA has is that it has far less to go wrong so i totally get that and if

your happy with 200hp then thats totally fine

Mines an N/A - albeit a 4.0l 1uz so I feel I can join in here :) I also owned a 3.0l N/A and as said in previous thread somewhere on here, they are good fun! I couldn't give a rats a55 what anyone thinks of what I drive.... people might take the mick and pretend to hate but in most cases it's just jealousy.

I was driving the car home from work the other day and going through a small town centre - the noise was naturally louder with buildings each side and noise bouncing..... I won't lie it sounded great! I was in 1st gear going about 5mph when someone from a group of youths shouted "your cars sh1t!" :D

As for fuel costs..... it's not good haha

Makes more sense to spending the £10k on forging the na block and have monster build than buying stock tt [emoji4], that’s what I in middle of doing [emoji106]

Also when I was using my na with the Nos system she beat quite a few bpu tt’s and only cost £2.5k for the system, they didn’t like getting beaten by 5 speed na [emoji23].

Edited by Suprakeith (see edit history)

Makes more sense to spending the £10k on forging the na block and have monster build than buying stock tt [emoji4], that’s what I in middle of doing [emoji106]

Also when I was using my na with the Nos system she beat quite a few bpu tt’s and only cost £2.5k for the system, they didn’t like getting beaten by 5 speed na [emoji23].

BPU tt should easily run 13 sec quarters but will really depend on the driver ;) the tt also wont run out of N20 :D what would you get out of your bottle 3 mins maybe on constant use

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Sorry but how did this thread turn into a mpg discussion. It's a supra who gives a damn. If you want mpg go by an old 3 or 5 series diesel remap and your at well above na power for two thirds of the price.

When I get in the supra it drinks what it drinks.

Even when times were very hard a few years back I just stopped using it, and only drove it a few times, but when I did I still enjoyed it to its full.

BPU tt should easily run 13 sec quarters but will really depend on the driver ;) the tt also wont run out of N20 :D what would you get out of your bottle 3 mins maybe on constant use

I have run 13.7 sec quarter mile but didn’t get print out that’s why say beat is 14.1 as have print out for that. And with my bottle I would say more than 5mins constant use as my system isn’t the normal off shelf one. I only needed 2-3 hits of nos to beat um as was at top speed by then.

Sorry but how did this thread turn into a mpg discussion. It's a supra who gives a damn. If you want mpg go by an old 3 or 5 series diesel remap and your at well above na power for two thirds of the price.

When I get in the supra it drinks what it drinks.

Even when times were very hard a few years back I just stopped using it, and only drove it a few times, but when I did I still enjoyed it to its full.

/QUOTE]

Exactly! There's not a massive performance difference between my 320D daily and my NA, but I'm sure as hell that one of em is a lot more enjoyable to drive!!! And, oddly, I don't get strangers asking me questions about the 320D or slowing down / speeding up to get pictures of it on the motorway, or thumbs upping me etc etc.

Fair play if you're taking your TT on track days or beasting it round the Nurburgring, but I'm damned if I'm paying 3x the price for a relatively modest power boost just so I can beat a scroat at the lights outside Tesco! Plus you will still get roasted on the motorway by a host of random grey snotbox's.

Having said all of that, if I had money to burn I would be driving a mint stock TT6 ... in black obviously! ;)

Exactly! There's not a massive performance difference between my 320D daily and my NA, but I'm sure as hell that one of em is a lot more enjoyable to drive!!! And, oddly, I don't get strangers asking me questions about the 320D or slowing down / speeding up to get pictures of it on the motorway, or thumbs upping me etc etc.

Fair play if you're taking your TT on track days or beasting it round the Nurburgring, but I'm damned if I'm paying 3x the price for a relatively modest power boost just so I can beat a scroat at the lights outside Tesco! Plus you will still get roasted on the motorway by a host of random grey snotbox's.

Having said all of that, if I had money to burn I would be driving a mint stock TT6 ... in black obviously! ;)

Now now now let's not get carried away in that second paragraph tt is far more fun,.... Na's are for the homosexuals Anway 😂