The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keron has a relatively cheap NA/T

Annabella

because hardly nobody on here is looking for them. i.e an advert on here gets about 17 views in 24hr, on ebay over 1000 in less than a day.......ebay is open to the world and they usually sell the same day / very quickly etc.....

I understand that eBay gives you a wider audience but as an authorised trader on here voted in by paying forum members surely it would be a nice idea to give the forum a first look at your stock. Even if it is just 24 hours exclusivity, as you say once advertised on eBay they usually sell very quickly so I doubt giving the forum 24 hours start would be financially detrimental.

It would be a nice gesture towards community that has supported you as a trader for all these years.

because hardly nobody on here is looking for them. i.e an advert on here gets about 17 views in 24hr, on ebay over 1000 in less than a day.......ebay is open to the world and they usually sell the same day / very quickly etc.....

Have to agree, when I listed my car on Ebay I had so many people wanting to view it but nothing from the club. Like you say most people on here already have them.

I understand that eBay gives you a wider audience but as an authorised trader on here voted in by paying forum members surely it would be a nice idea to give the forum a first look at your stock. Even if it is just 24 hours exclusivity, as you say once advertised on eBay they usually sell very quickly so I doubt giving the forum 24 hours start would be financially detrimental.

It would be a nice gesture towards community that has supported you as a trader for all these years.

I always see if theres anyone in the wanted section looking and I pm them first. i.e.... my white one I had and sold on sunday....I held it for a forum member for 5 days, only to be messed around to say he cant get a lift, found one more local to look at etc and this has happened a few times via here. it ended up going to a forum member so all is good. Why do you seem so concerned about where they sell?

another one..... my silver ridox aero......a forum member came to see a car I had last month, loved it, left me a £250 deposit, said hell be back for it 1-2 weeks. as I knew him, I said ok that's fine...... guess what..... rang me the day before (2 weeks) to say his other car didn't sell and that he couldn't buy it!! so I lost lots of genuine buyers and had to relist it etc.

AND there was a lad on here with a wanted advert 2 days ago.... I messaged him about it, he came up last night and loved it, left me a deposit.....so gone to a forum member.

Have to agree, when I listed my car on Ebay I had so many people wanting to view it but nothing from the club. Like you say most people on here already have them.

very true!

I always see if theres anyone in the wanted section looking and I pm them first. i.e.... my white one I had and sold on sunday....I held it for a forum member for 5 days, only to be messed around to say he cant get a lift, found one more local to look at etc and this has happened a few times via here. it ended up going to a forum member so all is good.

another one..... my silver ridox aero......a forum member came to see a car I had last month, loved it, left me a £250 deposit, said hell be back for it 1-2 weeks. as I knew him, I said ok that's fine...... guess what..... rang me the day before (2 weeks) to say his other car didn't sell and that he couldn't buy it!! so I lost lots of genuine buyers and had to relist it etc.

AND there was a lad on here with a wanted advert 2 days ago.... I messaged him about it, he came up last night and loved it, left me a deposit.....so gone to a forum member.

Well, I will just have to take your word on all that won't I ;)

Why do you seem so concerned about where they sell?

I am not concerned where you sell and what you sell, I couldn't give a monkeys.

Out of all the traders we have on here it appears (more so recently) that hardly any of them want to or can be bothered to advertise their wares or remain an active part of the forum. Everyone wants to be a trader and take the business from the forum and it's members but not many appear to be bothered in giving anything back.

There are 2 - 3 traders on here that I can think of who give back to the forum, one of the them is posting almost daily and genuinely helping forum members that have technical issues.

As you said once advertised on eBay things sell very quickly. I fail to see how giving the paying members on here (who vote you in to remain a trader) 24 hours on a car your are selling over the likes of other classified areas of the internet could in anyway shape of form be detrimental.

I am sure it would be seen as a nice gesture towards the community that has supported you all these years, a bit of allegiance costs nothing.

No need to replay as for some reason you seem to be getting your knickers in a twist and all het up over a genuine question.

Good day.

As a paid member: I wish to say that I myself do not agree with Frank. Your link to the forum is paid multiple times over for me by you affording your time and expertise on the phone or message to help me with issues I have had or questions you answered in past. That isn't seen from just posting up. Imo you shouldn't have to offer any grace periods up to this forum, you could offer a heads up as you do but I agree with your reasons for wanting to turnover a sale

Well, I will just have to take your word on all that won't I ;)

I am not concerned where you sell and what you sell, I couldn't give a monkeys.

Out of all the traders we have on here it appears (more so recently) that hardly any of them want to or can be bothered to advertise their wares or remain an active part of the forum. Everyone wants to be a trader and take the business from the forum and it's members but not many appear to be bothered in giving anything back.

There are 2 - 3 traders on here that I can think of who give back to the forum, one of the them is posting almost daily and genuinely helping forum members that have technical issues.

As you said once advertised on eBay things sell very quickly. I fail to see how giving the paying members on here (who vote you in to remain a trader) 24 hours on a car your are selling over the likes of other classified areas of the internet could in anyway shape of form be detrimental.

I am sure it would be seen as a nice gesture towards the community that has supported you all these years, a bit of allegiance costs nothing.

No need to replay as for some reason you seem to be getting your knickers in a twist and all het up over a genuine question.

Good day.

ask around!

you aint got a clue. my phone rings off the hook with forum members asking for advise etc daily! just ask. Since day 1 Ive always help anyone out and tell them how to fix their cars / cause of problems etc etc. which no other trader will prob do. I even fix members cars for free if its a simple fix! how many garages / traders do that?

Some of us are not on the net 24/7 unfortunately but everyone knows I'm on the other end of the phone anytime. I work alone and am not sat on a desk all day.

come to think of it, you have called me multiple times about advise on diffs, uk spec stuff etc, even trying to help you with your situation with austec!

As a paid member: I wish to say that I myself do not agree with Frank. Your link to the forum is paid multiple times over for me by you affording your time and expertise on the phone or message to help me with issues I have had or questions you answered in past. That isn't seen from just posting up. Imo you shouldn't have to offer any grace periods up to this forum, you could offer a heads up as you do but I agree with your reasons for wanting to turnover a sale

/QUOTE]

cheers mate ;)

On that comment thats basically saying - We voted for you and you have to give the forum priority.

I disagree, Keron owns a business and his interest will HAVE to be prioritizing income. He does enough for the club? Hes always there to help me when i need it, today as a matter of fact. Advertises parts he has for sale with his sale thread.

Why do vehicle sales need to be a heads up on the forum? anyone looking to buy a Supra wont just be looking at this club, i didnt when i was looking. I actually got mine on...yes...Ebay.

The only reason i can see why the forum should get a heads up on a vehicle sale is so that someone can get a better condition Supra than a non club member - Thats not fair!

You aint done nowt wrong Keron, and ill be voting yes the next time ;)

I personally wouldn't even advertise my supra on here if it were to go up for sale.

The amount of times over the years I've seen forum members rip a car or forum member to bits because they either want it for penny's or don't agree on the price has put me off that. I can see why many don't.

On that comment thats basically saying - We voted for you and you have to give the forum priority.

I disagree, Keron owns a business and his interest will HAVE to be prioritizing income. He does enough for the club? Hes always there to help me when i need it, today as a matter of fact. Advertises parts he has for sale with his sale thread.

Why do vehicle sales need to be a heads up on the forum? anyone looking to buy a Supra wont just be looking at this club, i didnt when i was looking. I actually got mine on...yes...Ebay.

The only reason i can see why the forum should get a heads up on a vehicle sale is so that someone can get a better condition Supra than a non club member - Thats not fair!

You aint done nowt wrong Keron, and ill be voting yes the next time ;)

That.

I personally wouldn't even advertise my supra on here if it were to go up for sale.

The amount of times over the years I've seen forum members rip a car or forum member to bits because they either want it for penny's or don't agree on the price has put me off that. I can see why many don't.

And that.

Hi guys Keron will help any of us out i just brought a gz areotop off him! He contacted me to say he might have one for sale! So if he knows your looking he will contact you! As a guy that's been to his place I can vouch that his phone is going non stop! He has helped me alot with all his knowledge and all the spares he has! He is a great trader!

Hi guys Keron will help any of us out i just brought a gz areotop off him! He contacted me to say he might have one for sale! So if he knows your looking he will contact you! As a guy that's been to his place I can vouch that his phone is going non stop! He has helped me alot with all his knowledge and all the spares he has! He is a great trader!

Same here. He has always helped me out with any questions I have for him regardless if I buy anything from him.

Can i just add. I remember i was in a right pickle one sunday. And messaged keron. And he replied helping me which led to a phone call. Now that is a real club member if you ask me, and what other trader would do that? I wish Keron was more local so i could have it booked in more often.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.