The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daily Supras

CarlT67

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going well, I still haven't gotten around to swapping that spare transmission in. The spendiest things so far have been rust repairs at the bodyshop.

Good to know, and at least you know it's all covered by the recent price rises! :)

I found some solid (cradle) shifter bushes I meant to give you back at the time, if I haven't lost them AGAIN I'll send them up to you if you like.

Good to know, and at least you know it's all covered by the recent price rises! :)

I found some solid (cradle) shifter bushes I meant to give you back at the time, if I haven't lost them AGAIN I'll send them up to you if you like.

That's alright, thanks for the offer. After taking off the short-shifter it feels pretty nice to me :) And yeah I definitely bought at the right time, there's no way I'd be able to justify one now for what people are asking.

I'm building a Supra specifically for daily use, usable power for all year use!

Looking forward to seeing what you do differently to me :) , as that was my overall goal, and I think i've got a good combination; Tiptronic, decent quality small single install on Syvecs, Sensible wheels/tyres, brakes and suspension, comfortable Recaros with seat heating, stock body etc.

Make sure you do a build thread :)

Looking forward to seeing what you do differently to me :) , as that was my overall goal, and I think i've got a good combination; Tiptronic, decent quality small single install on Syvecs, Sensible wheels/tyres, brakes and suspension, comfortable Recaros with seat heating, stock body etc.

To be fair your build has inspired some aspects.

Going the M3 DCT route but will do a thread

Nice to see people getting some use out of the hours I poured into building it :D If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM :)

DCT is what I would also do if I had the funds, although I would probably hang fire until Paul tries the newer, smaller box, as you may avoid having to alter the trans tunnel and thereby saving yourself a considerable sum :)

Heated seats in a supra, thats a nice daily drive addition!

To be fair your build has inspired some aspects.

Going the M3 DCT route but will do a thread

I had an E90 M3 with a DCT, fantastic gearbox for normal and spirited driving!

Mine has been a daily driver for 6.years ( a bit of time off 18 months ago to go BPU) and my previous was also a daily driver. Regular maintenance is the key with these cars although mine is screaming for some tlc now. Just getting my last project on the road and then the Sup will get the love it probably deserves. I believe cars should be driven and not tucked away:)

Mines been my daily since I had it, for the last 8 years. Loved every minute and it's never let me down. This will change this coming Autumn though as it will finally get the rest and care it deserves after all this time. Time for a bit of love and attention and then I'll be keeping it as a sunshine car. I know I will miss driving it every day though, getting in it makes going to work ALMOST worth while and the drives home, especially in the sun are just the best when everyone else is in their family box shoppers.

although I would probably hang fire until Paul tries the newer, smaller box, as you may avoid having to alter the trans tunnel and thereby saving yourself a considerable sum :)

Spoke to Paul about this, won't be happening for a while "no plans to do this, possibly years in the future" (paraphrasing).

My old supra was my daily for years but those days are long gone, with my job getting in the car after work covered in crap and leaving it in the public gravel car park doesnt sit well with me, it stays in the garage heated nicely at home these days.

pros and cons to daily-ing them imo. one nice thing is it feels more special when i do drive it.

pros and cons to daily-ing them imo. one nice thing is it feels more special when i do drive it.

Dailying them is becoming harder all the time, given the constant eyewatering price increases by Toyota, and certainly the older cars are getting to the stage where they will need an extremely expensive suspension rebuild if they haven't already had one.

Dailying them is becoming harder all the time, given the constant eyewatering price increases by Toyota, and certainly the older cars are getting to the stage where they will need an extremely expensive suspension rebuild if they haven't already had one.

definitely tbh i doubt there are many supras left on the road that don't need a few under body parts doing by now. Any owner not planning it in is stupid imo.

Next year once I have the space im going to start getting all the parts together and slowly refurb them one by one ready to over haul the underside. Mine is an early car and tbh is in good condition especially for the age but still a bit of love doesnt go a miss. :D