The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Both of my UK 6 Speeds pic

blythmrk

Black velvety type headliner and visors here, strange how some are different.

I wonder if the early cars are velvety and later cars are vinyl or is it body colour related as mine and tysons are both black but also 95 models so that's no help either.

I must admit the velvety lining has a more quality feel.

Also do any of have the oem head unit and is it a single din with a blanking plate below or a double din what numer is on the front again Keron told me they vary and was the multi cd changer an option?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if the early cars are velvety and later cars are vinyl or is it body colour related as mine and tysons are both black but also 95 models so that's no help either.

Also do any of have the oem head unit and is it a single din with a blanking plate below or a double din what numer is on the front again Keron told me they vary and was the multi cd changer an option?

I have a standard head unit and the other slot is for the control for the autochanger which is in the boot. Multichanger was an optional extra not all came with it.

Mine is a 93 black with cream leather.

Double din headunit with 6 CD changer in the boot. Radio controls at the top with the CD changer controls at the bottom.

Mine has vinyl too and is black.

I always run premium fuel such as vmax because of the cleaning additives present in the fuel but when I have run 95 I never noticed a difference even when stretching it's legs.

Seeing Premium fuel in Japan is 95 RON I've never had any guilt issues filling my Supra up with Sainsbury fuel since 1998.

Mine is a 93 black with cream leather.

Double din headunit with 6 CD changer in the boot. Radio controls at the top with the CD changer controls at the bottom.

My radio is the same as yours Rob, double din and cd changer in the boot. Silver 1995 with black leather.

My old mkiii supra had a blue velvety headliner, seems Toyota were into it.

Not sure if it's all written down in one place?

Me thinking from the rear!

Led strip brake light not wired in from the factory (some uk legislation at the time)

Rear lights have the clear reversing lights between the two red ones

Diff cooler present

Leather rear seats

Heated front seats

Headlight beam levelling

External temperature toggle on the clock

155mph limiter

cat pipe flange pattern diff

ABS is different I beleive

Steel turbo's

550 injectors

EGRV

Bonnet scoop and bit underneath

Headlight washers

Glass headlights

Different bulbs in them

probably other stuff I've forgotten

I'm pretty sure Toyota installed reversing sensors on mine before it was sold, as well.

My radio is the same as yours Rob, double din and cd changer in the boot. Silver 1995 with black leather.

My old mkiii supra had a blue velvety headliner, seems Toyota were into it.

I am thinking that up to the end of 94 they were velvety but after that they were vinyl.

Yes my 89 Mkiii Turbo also has the velvety head lining.

So UK specs are different than EU spec cars or are they just LHD? I have also noticed that some American spec cars have ivory leather too.

I must read up on my brochures and official press release pack that contains original slides it may clear a few things up on the options etc. although I always though the auto was a no cost option and the only other was possibly metallic paint.

I am thinking that up to the end of 94 they were velvety but after that they were vinyl.

Yes my 89 Mkiii Turbo also has the velvety head lining.

So UK specs are different than EU spec cars or are they just LHD? I have also noticed that some American spec cars have ivory leather too.

I must read up on my brochures and official press release pack that contains original slides it may clear a few things up on the options etc. although I always though the auto was a no cost option and the only other was possibly metallic paint.

As far as I know, the euro spec/ uk spec are the same. Stand to be corrected though.

I always heard the autobox was an optional "upgrade" and cost extra. Funny to think the less expensive 6 speed getrag would be so much more valuable in the future.

As far as I know, the euro spec/ uk spec are the same. Stand to be corrected though.

I always heard the autobox was an optional "upgrade" and cost extra. Funny to think the less expensive 6 speed getrag would be so much more valuable in the future.

You have to remember, that the Supra is a GT, not a sports car. When new, the buyers were buying a GT, and the autobox is ideally suited to that. And the Supras auto gearbox was very much the best at the time.

The manual gearbox is more involving, and better for tuning, so naturally as these became enthusiast cars people became more concerned with having fun than the cars every day usability.

I have a standard head unit and the other slot is for the control for the autochanger which is in the boot. Multichanger was an optional extra not all came with it.

Yep mine had the same separate double din. Still got one in the loft ;)

Both of my Black 94 UK autos had the Black velvet type headlining

94 here, so must be to do with the year.

I cant... when im in my UK spec the interior feels very much like im in a j spec :blink:

That's because you don't have a UK interior now Shawn lol

Brochure states no cost option on auto box.

I found this on here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?134238-Official-UK-Toyota-Supra-Brochure&highlight=brochure

You have to remember, that the Supra is a GT, not a sports car. When new, the buyers were buying a GT, and the autobox is ideally suited to that. And the Supras auto gearbox was very much the best at the time.

The manual gearbox is more involving, and better for tuning, so naturally as these became enthusiast cars people became more concerned with having fun than the cars every day usability.

Have to say a bpu auto feels very much like both ;)

Still waiting on your reply on interiors:)

Good find! Perhaps I assumed the optional upgrade came with a price. I still think it's the best autobox I've ever used. Even the 6 speed auto in the 535d isn't as enjoyable to use imo. (Might have something to do with nur spec r downshifts though :) )