Both of my UK 6 Speeds pic

blythmrk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have a complete list of what is different on a UK car compared to a JDM one.

Not sure if it's all written down in one place?

Me thinking from the rear!

Led strip brake light not wired in from the factory (some uk legislation at the time)

Rear lights have the clear reversing lights between the two red ones

Diff cooler present

Leather rear seats

Heated front seats

Headlight beam levelling

External temperature toggle on the clock

155mph limiter

cat pipe flange pattern diff

ABS is different I beleive

Steel turbo's

550 injectors

EGRV

Bonnet scoop and bit underneath

Headlight washers

Glass headlights

Different bulbs in them

probably other stuff I've forgotten

Not sure if it's all written down in one place?

Me thinking from the rear!

Led strip brake light not wired in from the factory (some uk legislation at the time)

Rear lights have the clear reversing lights between the two red ones

Diff cooler present

Leather rear seats

Heated front seats

Headlight beam levelling

External temperature toggle on the clock

155mph limiter

cat pipe flange pattern diff

ABS is different I beleive

Steel turbo's

550 injectors

EGRV

Bonnet scoop and bit underneath

Headlight washers

Glass headlights

Different bulbs in them

probably other stuff I've forgotten

Am I correct in thinking pre 95 was blank hi level brake light?

No, the UK spec leather seems to be superior to either of the jap types. The only difference between the pre facelift gz and the post facelift RZ-S leather seats are the patterns.

Didn't know the leather was different :thumbs: so what is better? ;)

You can add to the list

Different 17" alloys

Different camshafts

Different waistgate

Different Autobox (?)

Rear fog light

Resistor pack

Different 80 litre fuel tank

Passenger side airbag (was this available later on Jspec though)

Different radiator (?)

What about the drive shaft? I'm trying to think of things that weren't just available as upgrades like the uk brakes.

You can add to the list

Different 17" alloys

Different camshafts

Different waistgate

Different Autobox (?)

Rear fog light

Resistor pack

Different radiator (?)

What about the drive shaft? I'm trying to think of things that weren't just available as upgrades like the uk brakes.

Autobox cooler.

Traction control different, operates rear brakes along with butterfly, I think, still shockingly bad!

Heater controls dash panel different, the lip around the headunit is deeper, don't know why.

Black velvety head lining.

You can add to the list

Different 17" alloys

Different camshafts

Different waistgate

Different Autobox (?)

Rear fog light

Resistor pack

Different radiator (?)

Tank I'd totally forgotten, the radiators are the same.

Autobox, always been talk of this and never known 100% if it is true and what are the differences.

UK's are mapped to run on 95 Ron too.

Could you get a cd multi changer on an import ?

Yes, my JSpec came with the changer plus the stock OEM Toyota remote control for the stereo which I have never seen another over the years.

One thing I've always said, the UK Spec feels better put together. I know there should be nothing different about them but just something about getting out of my Jspec and getting into our Uk spec which just seems a nicer place to be :D weird I know!

Autobox cooler.

Traction control different, operates rear brakes along with butterfly, I think, still shockingly bad!

Heater controls dash panel different, the lip around the headunit is deeper, don't know why.

It makes you feel alive while it bogs down as you pull out of a junction in front of an artic :D

One thing I've always said, the UK Spec feels better put together. I know there should be nothing different about them but just something about getting out of my Jspec and getting into our Uk spec which just seems a nicer place to be :D weird I know!

I've always said that! But just get the look from Supra friends that I'm being a UK snob lol. I can definitely tell when I'm in a J-Spec Supra or UK Spec. The UK's just feel... more refined, I think.

Autobox cooler.

Not sure on the velvety headlining my 93 Red UK manual has a dark grey velvety head lining and sun visors I think off memory, but my 95 Black UK manual has a black vinyl one (like a JDM car) I had a chat with Keron after buying my black one as I doubted it was correct but he cleared that up by stating some UK's had the velvety type and some had vinyl. He also added the sun visor warning writing being in English (which it is) not JDM.

Not sure on the velvety headlining my 93 Red UK manual has a dark grey velvety head lining and sun visors I think off memory, but my 95 Black UK manual has a black vinyl one (like a JDM car) I had a chat with Keron after buying my black one as I doubted it was correct but he cleared that up by stating some UK's had the velvety type and some had vinyl. He also added the sun visor warning writing being in English (which it is) not JDM.

Mine has vinyl too and is black.

UK's are mapped to run on 95 Ron too.QUOTE]

I always run my UK's on Shell Optimax 97 Ron is that correct or overkill it maybe me but they always seem happier on 97?

I always run premium fuel such as vmax because of the cleaning additives present in the fuel but when I have run 95 I never noticed a difference even when stretching it's legs.