The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Gear

formatzero

it has potential but does seems a little contrived at times, but then so often did the old Top Gear. Adhering probably too closely to the old format which I felt was getting a bit tired anyway so could do with a change of material, maybe into more real world rather than focussing on £200k supercars and top of the line Porsche 911's.

Out of the old topgear it was the celebrity part i hated the most.. Now they've stretched that out to nearly the full show.

Ill never watch it "live" as such but download or record it so i can skip all that tosh.

The 3 presenters are ok though although need more chemistry but that will come.

Not great, it's just the old show with 3 different presenters and a slightly extended celeb appearance. I think the BBC have realised they have shot themselves in the foot and are desperately trying to claw back viewing figures, they even went back to using the old track!

Time will tell but I am not bothered about watching as it airs anymore, will be okay to record and watch where there is nothing else on.

I can't believe am about to say this but I would rather have and watch Vicky Double-Barrel then those 3. It's painful at best, the content is actually very good, but Le White and the coloured guy, ffs are bad. It's false and awkward at best, although Chris Harris is good on it though.

I actually enjoy watching old fifth gear episodes on YouTube. Haha. People expect huge things from top gear because the old one was such a massive success. That being said im not a huge fan of the grand tour. This new top gear format is pretty good in my opinion.

None of this would have happened if jezza didn't think he was mike tyson and tried to uppercut someone.

It's better now GT has gone, that probably goes without saying. Chris Harris is the best of the three, just wish they'd stop trying to force it as it's cringeworthy at times. Rory does my head in. Content was good last night, much better than first show, particularly the pointless car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yer its deffo watchable now...

Before its was just cringe, not funny and well... just rubbish.

Its funny how I said to my friends they need to make it matt, Roy and chris as the main 3 and not change the platform too much, Roy and Matt are very natural, Chris seems a little amateur but will come more natural to him I think over time