The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High mileage black tt 6sp on pistonheads

TJsTT

Isn't that the one that was eBay a while back. The guy bought that one and an m3 for £900

/QUOTE]

I mayyyy be wrong but I think the plate was different? The mileage on that car went from 50k to 100k when it got relisted lol

There has been a couple of people post about this car already asking for advice re purchasing it. Seems neither took the plunge for whatever reason. Probably end up with a new milometer and be sold in six years time as a low mileage stock UK.

There has been a couple of people post about this car already asking for advice re purchasing it. Seems neither took the plunge for whatever reason. Probably end up with a new milometer and be sold in six years time as a low mileage stock UK.

You'd have to be rather dumb or stupid not to check out any car you buy these days let alone

a rare appreciating classic with traceable history like this one

Is it not worth the plunge for someone to restore the cars shell, then either replace the engine with a low mileage one, or rebuild the current one, and also maybe rebuild the gearbox too? No idea what condition the turbos and other stuff maybe in though!?

Then would this car not be worth as much as any other low mileage uk spec? Obviously no idea what price the overall restoration would cost, Even the shell will still be high mileage, it's a gamble I guess.

Is it not worth the plunge for someone to restore the cars shell, then either replace the engine with a low mileage one, or rebuild the current one, and also maybe rebuild the gearbox too? No idea what condition the turbos and other stuff maybe in though!?

Then would this car not be worth as much as any other low mileage uk spec? Obviously no idea what price the overall restoration would cost, Even the shell will still be high mileage, it's a gamble I guess.

So, say £4k to restore thhe shell to low miles condition, £4k suspension overhaul, £7k for full engine & turbo rebuild, £4k gearbox rebuild, £2k interior retim, say another £4k extras (seals, brakes, tyres etc). Plus the purchase price of the car.

And you'd still have 250k+ on the log book.

It would cost well in excess of what that car would ever be worth.

So, say £4k to restore thhe shell to low miles condition, £4k suspension overhaul, £7k for full engine & turbo rebuild, £4k gearbox rebuild, £2k interior retim, say another £4k extras (seals, brakes, tyres etc). Plus the purchase price of the car.

And you'd still have 250k+ on the log book.

It would cost well in excess of what that car would ever be worth.

I think if you did go that far and the work was done by reputable places, such as SRD etc and not by yourself then the

250k mileage is almost irrelevant

Especially if you did a proper right up on its restoration backed up with photos

I think if you did go that far and the work was done by reputable places, such as SRD etc and not by yourself then the

250k mileage is almost irrelevant

Especially if you did a proper right up on its restoration backed up with photos

As something to own and drive, absolutely. But it still doesn't change the fact that it would still be less desirable than an equivalent low miles car, so would not command the same value.

Low miles doesn't mean its any good though, i agree plenty will think its way better but if the two

were the same money i would go for the restored one myself

I saw the classic RR that sold a couple of years ago at the NEC classic auction last week, sub 30,000 miles but in need of some major

work and it fetched nearly £34,000 !!! mine restored is cheaper but has 119,000 on the clock

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.