Dragonball 2017 - The Dash to Düsseldorf 11th to 14th May 2017

Burna

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many people would have radios? I may be able to get hold of a bunch of them but they probably wouldn't​ work on the same channel.

What frequency would we be on?

Edit: Mine have channels 1-16, no sub channels.

Walkie talkies for Dragonball. If you are going to buy a pair, make sure they have sub channels, or you'll be chatting with yourself lol

The channel for DB is always Channel 5, Sub Channel 5. So that will be 5,5 on the display of your walkie talkie.

I swear I'm talking to myself in here some of the time! I must be on the wrong sub-channel lol :D

Looks stunning mate. What exactly do they do to get a deep shine detail?

/QUOTE]

"A Multi stage machine polishing process was completed utilising various machine and pad combinations to safely remove/improve a selection of paint defects in turn greatly improving the overall finish.

Interior has been fully cleansed and treated with Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard & C6 Matte Dash

All exterior glass had been polished and treated with Gtechniq G1 Clearvision smart glass with three layers being applied to the front screen.

Wheels have been prepared and protected with Swissvax Autobahn Wheel Wax.

After Refinement Swissvax Crystal Rock applied as last stage protection."

Anyone know the estimated time of arrival in Calais ? Like other years we plan on leaving early thursday morning to wait for you to arrive and join from there.

Hi Mario - we're due to get off the train about 8:50am (if we all get on the same one) so should be at the services around 9am(ish)

Anyone know the estimated time of arrival in Calais ? Like other years we plan on leaving early thursday morning to wait for you to arrive and join from there.

As Ellis said, first train arrives at 8:50, but we are spread across two trains, so will all be waiting at the petrol station for the others to arrive. Then everyone will leave together at 10am.

I swear I'm talking to myself in here some of the time! I must be on the wrong sub-channel lol :D

You always assume everyone has sub channels, they don't.

Are we going with Channel 5 to support all the cheap radios? [edit] No.

- Final answer is USE CHANNEL 5.5. If your device doesn't support sub channels then prepared to be lonely.

Edited by Pete (see edit history)

You always assume everyone has sub channels, they don't.

So as a final answer - we're going with Channel 5 to support all the cheap radios?

That's the point, buy the right walkie talkies! The reason why we don't use just five is because we've tried it many years ago, and we found you get to much local chatter, so the move was made to channel 5 sub channel 5 to get a nice clear channel.

So Channel 5 Sub Channel 5 it is.

Looks like I won't be able to make it. :( My wife has had to stay back in the USA as she was too ill to fly back on Friday. I was starting to get sick but came back anyway as I had to go back to work today and I'm struggling with that. I'm not sure its going to clear up before Wednesday. It's knocked all the energy out of me and I can't even begin to think about getting the car ready let alone driving it all over europle

Looks like I won't be able to make it. :( My wife has had to stay back in the USA as she was too ill to fly back on Friday. I was starting to get sick but came back anyway as I had to go back to work today and I'm struggling with that. I'm not sure its going to clear up before Wednesday. It's knocked all the energy out of me and I can't even begin to think about getting the car ready let alone driving it all over europle

Dam mate, hope you & ya Mrs get better soon.

If anyone wants the space let me know sooner or later if it's not too late to change the reg number on the tunnel already.

Otherwise if i don't drag myself along it's wasted!

Reg number wont need to be changed, they will just have to use the check-in number instead. I will have to update the hotel check-in, but that's easy.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

Hi Mario - we're due to get off the train about 8:50am (if we all get on the same one) so should be at the services around 9am(ish)

As Ellis said, first train arrives at 8:50, but we are spread across two trains, so will all be waiting at the petrol station for the others to arrive. Then everyone will leave together at 10am.

Thanks guys see you all there then ;-)

I have arranged with the hotel 'Drive in drive out' parking tickets, otherwise we would all be paying the ticket every time we wanted to leave. You will be given your parking tickets at reception when you arrive, and they will be billed to your room, you will then settle the parking ticket bill on departure.

Makes things a little easier for everyone :)

Edit:

Just to confirm, the parking is €14 a night, so a total bill to settle of €42.

Edited by Burna
Parking price added (see edit history)

I have arranged with the hotel 'Drive in drive out' parking tickets, otherwise we would all be paying the ticket every time we wanted to leave. You will be given your parking tickets at reception when you arrive, and they will be billed to your room, you will then settle the parking ticket bill on departure.

Nice one :thumbs:

Well done Burna see you tomorrow