The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Talk Coilovers to me :)

ShawnPreece

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of being banished from the forum, shot or banned from owning a supra, is there any option for some sort of lift kit ( and I don't mean bagged ) that can be fitted to allow an adjustable ride hight from inside the car?

With the increasing number of potholes and speed bumps, having a lowered car and after market bumper is getting harder to live with. I know top secret used to use a Roberuta cup kit a few years ago but seem to remember a hefty price tag to go with it.

At the risk of being banished from the forum, shot or banned from owning a supra, is there any option for some sort of lift kit ( and I don't mean bagged ) that can be fitted to allow an adjustable ride hight from inside the car?

With the increasing number of potholes and speed bumps, having a lowered car and after market bumper is getting harder to live with. I know top secret used to use a Roberuta cup kit a few years ago but seem to remember a hefty price tag to go with it.

Kw do a similar lift cup for their kw v3 coilovers

Top Secret do one mate. Its no cheap.

With your power goals in mind you want a decent set up buddy CW in my opinion is your best option or nitrons

Yeah CW is the way im currently thinking for my setup :)

I'm in the same boat as you mate. Trying to decide between the CW and the BC racing. Everyone that has the BC seems to love and the k they are very good for the road,obviouslh the CW stuff is highly rated too.

I'll be following this :)

haha yeah im stuck on Meisters, BC racing or CW but CW is in the lead in my mind atm so pretty sure il go with that :)

When I was speaking to Chris whilst sorting my set-up out, he said the re-valved shocks with their specific springs are more for mild track day usage.

As I wanted a more compliant ride he recommended the stock Bilstein B6 Sport dampers running my Eibach springs. He machined in some extra grooves so I could adjust the ride height (5-15mm IIRC) The rate of the spring does not change as it's compressed, only the preload changes.

It depends on what your looking for, my dad has the re-valved shocks with their specific springs from Chris on his but for me I thought they felt a little to hard for the road.

I would be interested in a group buy, only reservation I have and Chris was if my car will have issues because it is none standard ; on some digging last nite , I was wondering if I could just fit some of Chris' springs over my TRD shocks as they are made by Bilstein and have circlip grooves for 3 ride heights

I would like more detail about the custom valving , benefit and application (i.e. track, road ..)?

Be good to make it a sticky if Chris gives us some detail ?

Heres what I found last night around TRD Bilstens , be interesting how they compare to German made Bilsteins

TRD Shocks Fixed rate

Made by BILSTEIN

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_sus-set.html

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_shock.html

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_spring.html

*Value in the above list shows damping force at 0.3m/s of piston speed.

*Shock absorbers in the above list is gas charged type unless indicated specially.

※Rear spring does not have enough free length when installed with genuine shock absorber. Please install with TRD shock absorber. (48530-JA801×2)Lowering at approx. 15mm

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I fitted new OE Toyota dampers on my car with the Eibach pro sport springs and was very happy with that set up

Think they were 30mm drop at the front and 25mm at the rear

Simon was that on your black TRD bodied car, I am trying to get a more road friendly setup and was hoping Chris's will work

Do you have a pic of a side profile of the car with them fitted please :)