The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Talk Coilovers to me :)

ShawnPreece

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: It's also worth noting that I've gone for a larger profile on my tyres at the same time I swapped the suspension, which probably had a lot to do with it.

That explains a lot :) I've just gone from 255/35 rears to 275/40 (or 265, can't remember off the top of my head) and there's a noticeable improvement.

That explains a lot :) I've just gone from 255/35 rears to 275/40 (or 265, can't remember off the top of my head) and there's a noticeable improvement.

Thats 16mm more sidewall height so will change the ride massively, and thats on 265/40

My car from stock lost 13mm of sidewall height but never felt too harsh to drive on the road, it wasn't

a daily though so didn't have to suffer poor road surfaces very often

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

It was a great upgrade, the only thing I haven't checked is how it's affected the Speedo. A session with the sat nav is in order I think :)

Not much bigger than OE, 1.2% if your still on 17's

- - - Updated - - -

So all springs (of equal rate) are equal then? ;)

:thumbs:

Tein's are fine in my opinion, just don't go for there budget options, a set of Flex's with an EDFC controller is a good set-up in my opinion, it's not crashy and they soak up the bumps well, then with a quick push of a button they firm up nicely for those rare times when you find a smooth road.