The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Maybe the time has come to part ways

chilli

It always comes back to supply and demand because as Supra numbers reduce particularly stock Tt6 manuals the price will continue to rise as shown in the states. Their prices continue to rise when home market equivalents to M3 and RX7 drop. When you look at our values now it's hard to justify the price for a 20 year plus car but look at 50 year old Fords like Lotus cortinas are between 40/50k.

I think that's enough said on this thread so as wonga spar said good luck with your sale Chilli

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting thread, thanks. Must admit I'm a bit out of touch.

if prices seriously on the rise, maybe I'll stick in storage :D

But really, I'm not seeing this as some way to make money over time, I do better working for a living by far.

The car is a 6 speed stock TT and the gearbox is lovely. I think (will check) it has the LSD rear axle. I seem to recall I checked the plates, but would need to double check that.

I'm really not sure what they are worth but even a decade ago decent original manuals seemed hard to find, being about ~1/26th as rare, I suppose now that is only becoming more so, given how many sadly get crashed over the years.

• 1 month later...

It looks increasingly likely I'll have to let this car go, as much as I don't want to :(

PM me if seriously interested and we can discuss it. Nice car, chance for a proper 6 speed manual and is unmolested by turbo conversions, that you could really make into exactly what you want.

It's approx BPU 1.2 bar right now and personally I think that's just right but whatever the case, be nice to see it go to a loving new home for an enthusiast.

With the car I have these spares that go with it:

Original cat-back

Original airbox, filter and pipes

Brand new oem roof spoiler in box

Should you want to restore it in that way.

The car is:

RZ-S TT, about 75K miles

6 speed manual

Top secret front, OEM Side skirts, spats, roof spoiler and side trims

Adjustable suspension (height, damping) & upgraded springs

Strut brace

CW Stainless downpipes

Full stainless custom exhaust

Work Equip 3-part split rims

Race logic traction control, full system with digital controller incl launch control

Race spec clutch

Turbo timer

Apexi turbo gauge. AEM lambda in a 3 pilar pod.

Upgraded rear speakers

Wiring for big stereo system, has face off stereo

Electric seats, electric mirrors etc

Uprated fuel pumps + Thor VFCD

Iridium plugs, runs silkolene pro-s oil

Silicone pipe upgrades

Toad AI606 with cat 3 insurance approved immobiliser, interior sensing and central locking control

Various other cosmetic bits, momo wheel and stuff and things I've probably forgotten already

Louis

Edited by chilli (see edit history)

Weather has been rubbish lately, low fog and dim to get some pics but this afternoon there was a glimmer of winter brightness so I grabbed some shots.

As you can see, car is black and quite low too.

This is an early heads up to the forum. Once I have a bit more spare time I'll advertise this properly nationally with better pics, at a time I'll be available to service the responses properly (at this stage I don't have that time at all).

I'm hoping to start to get onto this properly next week.

Really not sure about value, I'd say best offer in the next 1-2 months secures.

Louis

IMG_5035_1.jpg

IMG_5039_1.jpg

IMG_5040_1.jpg

IMG_5061_1.jpg

IMG_5064_1.jpg

IMG_5067_1.jpg

Weather has been rubbish lately, low fog and dim to get some pics but this afternoon there was a glimmer of winter brightness so I grabbed some shots.

As you can see, car is black and quite low too.

This is an early heads up to the forum. Once I have a bit more spare time I'll advertise this properly nationally with better pics, at a time I'll be available to service the responses properly (at this stage I don't have that time at all).

I'm hoping to start to get onto this properly next week.

Really not sure about value, I'd say best offer in the next 1-2 months secures. Offers over £10k at this stage, anything less I'll probably keep/store :D

Louis

Nice Supra mate, cant see this hanging around for long. Doesn't seem your in a rush to sell so I would pop it at the high end of the scale and see what happens.

I posted a few pics of my Supra on FB Supra page and must of had 10 people messaging me to buy it including a dealer so seems like a lot of demand out there for them still.

Still gathering info in preparation. Grabbed another picture, under the bonnet. Could do with a going over with a rag and a little elbow grease but it's pretty tidy and sound.

As I say, I have the stock bits, OEM airbox etc should you want to go back to stock entirely. Engine and box are very sweet, never a moments trouble. (this car has never been dragged or tracked).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216785[/ATTACH]

IMG_5076_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
I was asked this question a good many times at the NEC Classic show by both people who are actively looking for a supra and others, just out of interest. I've been following Supra prices for 20 years and I have a shed load of classic cars so I think I have some idea what is marketable and desirable in the classics World. I was telling anyone who asked that I expect my matching numbers, never been re-sprayed 040 white TT6 will be worth £45k within seven to ten years. And that the Supra, being one amongst a very few cars that have established cult film status over the last 50 years the Mk4 Supra is guaranteed immortality as an icon. Meaning that for museum piece low mileage, mint, stock cars there literally is no limit on Supra values which will naturally drag all the dog eared Mk4 Supra values up.

However, classic value is firmly tied to originality so the most expensive Supra will never be a 1000hp rocket with lots of bolt on plastic and Kevlar. it'll be one of your 325bhp as it rolled out of the factory TT6's.

Agree totally. Heavy mods is a route to ruin (as much fun as it may be) - it's the long-term death to most cars, at some stage.

Also, they drive so nicely stock or near stock, really overlooking a great drivers car to make a straight line 'drag' machine, potentially.