The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Maybe the time has come to part ways

chilli

Best of luck Chilli, IMO you should have taken it to the states, driven it a bit and then sold it there!! Would have avoided all this crappy wingeing!

It's a bit sad that such a long term member gets short shrift but glad you aren't letting it mask your time here.

To all future sellers just whack your price up to extortion plus £5K then say offers it'll save you a world or pain and character assassination!! If anyone missed out then in this instance I think they are to blame really, Chilli posted some time ago he was thinking of selling, seemed slightly out of touch (or didn't want to take the pee) and stated a price he had in mind. I'm positive that from that point anyone very keen could have engaged in conversation such that a deal could have been done prior to the real for sale advert, for the ad's starting price if not lower.

Nail on the head. It's obvious I had a sale in mind should it come to it (it did, this Monday) - it's obvious it wasn't about the $$$ in selling, I don't make my money from used cars, I'm a long term member and owner. The car was always priced to sell, anyone who seriously wanted it could have just suggested coming to see it and striking a pending deal.

Not rocket science, after all it was going for a very good price (almost trade level) and is a great car for keeping. Assuming it's not smashed up it'll be another of the increasingly few un-butchered and solid not rotten genuine RZ-S TT6's on the road.

As for taking it over, so tempting :D

In a few years, if I've bought another house out there with a big garage, watch this space, I may be buying your supra.

If it comes to that, I'll make you a proper offer, not fuss around trying to object to normal practice of buying and selling. Watch this space.

It was never about the money, trust me.

Edited by chilli (see edit history)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What was your stated price in the end then? I lost track lol

£13,500 no offers, which would have been fine had the mods not pulled the ad for the car afterwards, which then lead to maximum confusion. I didn't re-list it immediately because it got held under a sensible deposit immediately, had it not gone immediately I would have or sold trade, because I don't need the hassle.

Anyway, all is good. Main thing is the car stays on the road in caring hands - sold to an enthusiast, that's all I really wanted.

£13,500 no offers, which would have been fine had the mods not pulled the ad for the car afterwards, which then lead to maximum confusion. I didn't re-list it immediately because it got held under a sensible deposit immediately, had it not gone immediately I would have or sold trade, because I don't need the hassle.

Anyway, all is good. Main thing is the car stays on the road in caring hands - sold to an enthusiast, that's all I really wanted.

That's what I heard it sold for, and I never saw that price, must have been before the mods removed it, so apologies :)

That's what I heard it sold for, and I never saw that price, must have been before the mods removed it, so apologies :)

No worries, once the best offer got removed I was clear before anyone came or offered a deposit the sale terms, since the ad had became un-viewable, I made it really clear.

And to be fair I have withdrawn it and re-listed for more again, that would still have been my choice entirely. But pulling valid ads really is not helpful.

No harm done. I apologise for the unnecessary confusion, maybe selling here on the forum was a mistake but objective was to sell hassle free, quickly and find an honest enthusiast to be the new long term keeper, objective fulfilled.

All is well that ends well. :)