Maybe the time has come to part ways

chilli

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suspect that when people were sending him PM's, he was saying he had received a higher offer, to drive the price up.

Yea someone confirmed this in the last thread

hey guys do you mind.

for the record I set the price, stuck to it, took a deposit and sold it.

Like a bunch of old ladies with handbags sometimes... ;)

It's been fun owning a Supra, since 2005 - great cars. Maybe another one day.

New hobbies now, including flying helicopters :D (cars far less exciting once you've been up in the sky)

Is it me or did this forum get a lot more bitchy since back then? I'm sure it used to be better, hope that returns.

Anyway, it's been great - much fun. Thanks for all the genuine help and support here.

Next time I post it might be from across the pond :D where maybe a v8 is in order - I certainly wouldn't mind trying out the Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® SRT Hellcat V8 for fun, muscle car for the win.

Have fun!

Wasn't your original price £12,999?

Nope. I started it at 12750 for a quick sale then repriced it. To be honest the choice to sell it, set a price, reprice is my choice. It did start with best offer at least 12750 but I didn't know that was against forum rules. Hence the simple repricing.

Fair play to you buddy, you've sold it fairly in my eyes to I'm assuming the guy who enquired first or agreed to stump up the full cash?

Best of luck.

Yep, in fact only the second person to see it (first wanted a UK spec). With a list of buyers > 10 within a few hours of listing it before the Mods INCORRECTLY removed the classified, it was priced to sell and that's good because I can't take it with me right now :)

Wonder if I end up with another. Could also go to the dark side and get a GTR, or a Porsche (really like GT-2/3) but a v8 muscle could be big fun when in Rome as they say. We'll see.

Keep enjoying the Supras, great car, a classic from the day they made the first one :D

How many offers did you get in the end? My one didn't make the grade but interested in the real level of interest you had as lots of people tend to get excited but fail to follow through.

Enjoy NY, I certainly enjoyed my working time there.

How many offers did you get in the end? My one didn't make the grade but interested in the real level of interest you had as lots of people tend to get excited but fail to follow through.

PM me if you want. Lots of people interested esp. given it was listed for just a few hours. The preceding thread (this one, not the ad) maybe helped, but that wasn't premeditated. Really didn't know for sure until actually this week (visas etc) - if it had gone wrong I would have kept the car for sure. Was sorry to see it go.

Enjoy NY, I certainly enjoyed my working time there.

Thanks, I think we will :D

Also hoping to fly from Long Island which means subject to ATC zone rules, flying around the area should be a blast.

It'll be a while I suspect before I need/want a car again out there, but we'll probably rent something fancy periodically to do some EPIC road trips.

Edited by chilli (see edit history)

Yep, in fact only the second person to see it (first wanted a UK spec). With a list of buyers > 10 within a few hours of listing it before the Mods INCORRECTLY removed the classified, it was priced to sell and that's good because I can't take it with me right now :)

Wonder if I end up with another. Could also go to the dark side and get a GTR, or a Porsche (really like GT-2/3) but a v8 muscle could be big fun when in Rome as they say. We'll see.

Keep enjoying the Supras, great car, a classic from the day they made the first one :D

The mods removed your ad because it looked like a dutch auction. You quoted your start price and asked for offers. Thats against forum rules. Anyway you sold and good luck across the pond.

The mods removed your ad because it looked like a dutch auction. You quoted your start price and asked for offers. Thats against forum rules. Anyway you sold and good luck across the pond.

Yes but here's the key detail.

I made a mistake and said best price starting at ...

Mods complained and I learnt the rules

I EDITED THE AD TO MAKE IT FIXED PRICE, ASAP (IMMEDIATELY)

Then the mods killed it anyway afterwards (FFS :facepalm: )

and not one of them had the decency to even message me about it.

Pretty darn disappointing IMHO, just sayin'

Anyway not to leave on a downer about that minor silliness.

It's been great to be a Supra owner, everyone has been excellent, I'm pleased the car sold to an enthusiast who really wanted it (and sounds like it won't be butchered) and wish everyone maximum success and fun :) :thumbs:

Yes but here's the key detail.

I made a mistake and said best price starting at ...

Mods complained and I learnt the rules

I EDITED THE AD TO MAKE IT FIXED PRICE, ASAP (IMMEDIATELY)

Then the mods killed it anyway afterwards (FFS :facepalm: )

and not one of them had the decency to even message me about it.

Pretty darn disappointing IMHO, just sayin'

But didn't you sell it for more than you're stated price in the end?

Also you didn't have the decency to message a potential buyer who had already arranged a viewing to tell him it was sold ;) But hey, no one is perfect, including the mods lol

But didn't you sell it for more than you're stated price in the end?

Nope, you are wrong.

Also you didn't have the decency to message a potential buyer who had already arranged a viewing to tell him it was sold ;) But hey, no one is perfect, including the mods lol

Did you have an arranged viewing? No one was definitely set to view because the car was held pending sale since Tuesday and sold late last night. If it's not clear it is sold and I don't message everyone who is interested then

IT IS SOLD

I've already text anyone who has been chasing me for it, not sure what else I can do ;)

Best of luck Chilli, IMO you should have taken it to the states, driven it a bit and then sold it there!! Would have avoided all this crappy wingeing!

It's a bit sad that such a long term member gets short shrift but glad you aren't letting it mask your time here.

To all future sellers just whack your price up to extortion plus £5K then say offers it'll save you a world or pain and character assassination!! If anyone missed out then in this instance I think they are to blame really, Chilli posted some time ago he was thinking of selling, seemed slightly out of touch (or didn't want to take the pee) and stated a price he had in mind. I'm positive that from that point anyone very keen could have engaged in conversation such that a deal could have been done prior to the real for sale advert, for the ad's starting price if not lower.