The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harleys new progress blog from the start. My Na 5

HarleyFDMD

Hurry up and put them on ffs!! :D GREAT car bud :cool:

Have to say I was sceptical at first about tyre walls and writing but that looks the bomb mate. Look forward to having a nosey at Japfest 😀

/QUOTE]

Well those look sexy as hell! Looking forward to seeing them on the car!

Thank you guys 😁

I will hopefully get around to fitting them Wednesday evening providing the weather is good.

Working 15 hour days at the moment so time is scarce.

On another note i picked up my roll cage hoop today from the fabricator.

I had a harness bar welded in so finally i can have my harnesses fitted correctly.

I used 3mm thick seamless tubing (bought from a specific rollcage tubing manufacturer) and internally sleaved the joints.

I also incorporated two 90 degree OMP strengthening plates.

I just need to paint it now which im going to do satin black

Got a nice bit done tonight.

Little bit of spring cleaning so to speak,

So i figured before refitting my wheels i would give everything a good clean. Last year i gave my whole rear subframe a good refresh with new brakes, bolts, wishbones, bushes, coilovers etc etc which i have documented previously.

When i did this, along with undersealing, i gave everything a good coat of grease. All the bushes and bolt heads in particular. I did this because i wanted everything to last... which it has very well! Only problem is that it didnt look very nice, i am often under my car doing something or other and it bugs me that i spent all that money and it looks abit shit because everythings covered in white grease.. even if underneath it its mint.

I was scoping through afew threads awhile back and came across a discussion about winter storage.

I think it was Sheafa that mentioned ACF50 spray and i did abit of digging on it. Anyway long story short it was initially designed for aerospace and is frequently used on aircraft as a corrosion inhibitor.. very good stuff!!

First of all i gave everything a good spray with some neutral meguiars alloy wheel cleaner.

I then got my jetwash out and coated everything in snow foam and let it all sink in for afew minutes

Once it all had time to soak i pressure washed it all off, all the grease and grime from the past year. Underneath all the grease everything was still like brand new.

I then gave everything an hour or so to dry off abit before going out with misses hairdryer to finish it off!

Then the ACF50... i literally applied a whole can to the rear end lol. I absolutely doused everything, every arm, bolt, bush everything got covered! Its clear too which is the nice thing about it along with all of its other properties.

Then finally on with the wheels!!

I will get some better pictures over the weekend as i still have the fronts to do. I will also be doing the ACF50 on the front. Also still awaiting my TRD spoiler from the painters but actually quite like the de-spoilered look too!

• Like 1

Well done mate cracking job and it was indeed me that recommended it. I did hours of research and nothing comes close to it. It's not like underseal either where you run the risk of trapping moisture in accelerating rust problems, it works very differently to waxoyl.

Wheels look so so so nice ❤️

Car looks great, look forward to catching up on 30th :)

Well done mate cracking job and it was indeed me that recommended it. I did hours of research and nothing comes close to it. It's not like underseal either where you run the risk of trapping moisture in accelerating rust problems, it works very differently to waxoyl.

Wheels look so so so nice ❤️

Car looks great, look forward to catching up on 30th :)

Thanks mate. I am certainly going to buy more of the ACF50, definitely worth the extra few £s. It has a funny texture to it, really silky.

Im really looking forward to the 30th. Alot of people I'd like to meet, yourself included, it'll be a cracking day!

Thanks mate. I am certainly going to buy more of the ACF50, definitely worth the extra few £s. It has a funny texture to it, really silky.

Im really looking forward to the 30th. Alot of people I'd like to meet, yourself included, it'll be a cracking day!

/QUOTE]

Get the spray one too mate as well as aerosol. Lasts longer and I found it easier to get into crevices etc with adjustable nozzle.

Yes mate look forward to meeting too and here's hoping the weather holds up and we can have a cheeky blast :)

Carried on today with the car, got the cage etch primed, high build primed and then painted satin black.

Il be getting it fitted back into the car tomorrow.

Also cleaned and degreased the front arches before applying generous amounts of ACF50

Then finished the tyre decals on the front wheels

Before getting them fitted and finally seeing the finished result!

• Like 1

Wow! Looks so good, great job on the maintenance and the wheels look perfect! :cool:

Your Supra is becoming one of my favourites, great progress blog too, keep it up!

Thanks very much Carl. That means alot, particularly when i see all the other cars on here with much higher specs and wonder if my car will ever be in the same league

Got the cage back in and bolted down.. absolute bastard!

It is such a snug fit.

Only problem being that i didnt consider the rear door cards when designing the harness bar and therefore it wouldnt fit with the door cards in place, they will need trimming down abit.. not the end of the world considering i have already cut them to allow for the rear legs of the cage.

Once in a got my seats back in and got the harnesses laced up.

Finally i have harnesses fitted correctly!

I also attached my fire extinguisher in the centre, for now its just a couple of cable ties holding it there but il buy a proper strap for it soon.

Thank you guys 😊

Went to watch F&F 8 tonight and obviously took the supra.. first trip out in it this year! I have wheel alignment booked in for the 29th because i dont think its quite 100%, i have booked in with a company that have a Hunter system.. for those that dont know a Hunter wheel alignment system is the best of the best so should be spot on after that.

Gave the car a very quick wash before heading off to the cinema, really needs a full decontamination again and a multi stage mop before japfest to get it swirl free for the 100th time.

Nice progress mate, have to say your car really suits being spoilerless! Wheels and tyres look great as well.

Looks like you have a fair amount of negative camber on the back wheels, is that why you are getting the alignment done?

I love this thread particularly because it's a black car like mine so I like stealing ideas! Facelift lights and coil overs are both on my wants list (as well as a TT engine!!)

I love the stance on the car. It reminds me a bit of going down the muscle car route.

I did prefer the wheels when they were silver (just personal preference) and when it had a wing but she looks so aggressive now.

The car looks incredibly clean. Is it really as good as it looks or does it drive you mad in the same way mine does? :)

Keep up the good work!

Nice progress mate, have to say your car really suits being spoilerless! Wheels and tyres look great as well.

Looks like you have a fair amount of negative camber on the back wheels, is that why you are getting the alignment done?

Thank you, yeah there is abit of negative camber on the rear that will be straightened out, also the steering wheel is slightly down on the left while driving straight

looked so much better with the rota wheels on :( hate the current wheels to bbs

The rotas were all wrong for the car though. The offsets were far to aggressive and it ment i had to run skinny stretched tyres which made the car very twitchy.

These XXRS were a better balance and now they have been powder coated i actually really like them.

That being said they wont be forever. I will in time be buying a set of Works.