The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harleys new progress blog from the start. My Na 5

HarleyFDMD

So, afew small updates.

I haven't actually done much other than spend money i havnt got on parts i dont need but that never bothered me before so why should i let it get in the way now?

My purchases:

A brand new oem manual gear surround and associated ash tray.

I really, really didn't need this as there was nothing wrong with mine but it was advertised as "the last one in stock" and im quite the impulse buyer.

Nevertheless brand new oem stuff is always cool.

A genuine Nardi deep dish steering wheel. Wooden rim with black spokes.

Will probably look shit in a supra but iv always loved the look of this wheel and so bought it anyway.. when i come to terms with it looking shit in a supra I'll probably just put it on the mantle piece, it'll look good there.

(It hasnt actually arrived yet so you'll have to make do with this image)

Brand new oem facelift tail lights.

These were a panic purchase. I discovered they have recently been discontinued and so naturally i bought a pair straight away so to avoid fighting over the last few sets and paying anymore than the current prices (a couple years ago these were £140, but now, today, you'll have to cough up nearly double that)

So thats it for the time being.

I'll be getting the lights fitted tomorrow along with the manual gear surround so i will update again after that!

• Like 1

So i got some stuff done yesterday..

Out with the old, in with the new

Got my gauge cluster fitted too. Still need to run the sensor wires though and fit a sandwich plate. Will do that when i service it next in a couple of months

Also spent a couple of hours using my new wax. SwissWax best of show, not particularly cheap at £60 for a tiny little pot but in my eyes it was money well spent. Been wanting a nice hard wax for a while but alway been concerned that they are too greasy. This stuff works flawlessly though.

• Like 1

I have a black NA and the facelift rears make a huge difference. I love your car but at every rear pic I thought it would look better with facelift lights

Thank you and yeah i agree, I've always wanted a pair but just kept putting it off because there has always been other stuff to buy that i prioritised.

Now I've done it i regret not doing it sooner lol

Looks really good [emoji106]

Have you got a picture of the back with the old lights and the new lights so I can compare?

Never been sure whether the facelift ones are worth it or not.

/QUOTE]

Thank you, heres a pic of the back with the pre facelifts, it makes a huge difference. The pictures perhaps dont show them in enough detail to appreciate the change but it really does improve the rear end!

Nice looking car that.

Looking good Harley!

I was really happy after I fitted my facelift front and rear lights on my black Supra, made a huge difference in my opinion

Thank you 😁

Im really pleased with them. My facelift fronts still look as fresh as the day i bought them too

I still can't really tell the difference [emoji53]

/QUOTE]

See attached mate.

Haha i should have taken a picture of the car with one pre facelift and one facelift. Unfortunately i didnt though. When you see them in the flesh the difference is quite noticeable

/QUOTE]

Yeah they're miles better, I took one of mine with half and half, hope you don't mind me posting it for people to see the difference.

They look great on yours Harley, wasn't sure with the grey inserts on a black car but I love them!

IMG_9619.jpg

These arrived yesterday,

Whifbitz pulley set in anodised purple.

I also received an email from driftworks where i ordered my nardi steering wheel from saying that its on order from Italy and will be with me in a couple of weeks.. the more i thought about it the more i realised how utterly pointless it was. I wasn't going to use it it the car as i didnt think a wood rim wheel would look good and besides i really like the oem wheel, so i cancelled the order and bought a brand new carbon blade TRD wing instead!

Oh wow this has been one long and lesson learning build. I see why you said I should build a tt instead of converting an n/a and then building it.

I have to say though your car is amazing I love that cage in gold and the paintwork is amazing, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the picture of your crash but I'm glad the crash didn't kill it,

I'd cry if I crashed my Supra (when I get it).

I'll be watching your build closely in the months to come for more pointers, thanks for a great write up on the build.

Oh wow this has been one long and lesson learning build. I see why you said I should build a tt instead of converting an n/a and then building it.

I have to say though your car is amazing I love that cage in gold and the paintwork is amazing, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the picture of your crash but I'm glad the crash didn't kill it,

I'd cry if I crashed my Supra (when I get it).

I'll be watching your build closely in the months to come for more pointers, thanks for a great write up on the build.

Yes you could say that mate lol. But its all fun i guess. Trust me, i did shed a tear when i got back home the morning after my accident but i used it as a valuable stepping stone and the car now looks better for it.

One thing to perhaps consider in your na or tt decision is quality and condition.

Personally i would prefer a well maintained and clean NA5 over a rough TT auto.

Good luck in your hunt for the perfect car though, whatever decision you make im sure you wont be disappointed. They are fantastic cars

These arrived yesterday,

Whifbitz pulley set in anodised purple.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170111/26ded6476dd9d737fd7d43a93e4efb56.jpg

I also received an email from driftworks where i ordered my nardi steering wheel from saying that its on order from Italy and will be with me in a couple of weeks.. the more i thought about it the more i realised how utterly pointless it was. I wasn't going to use it it the car as i didnt think a wood rim wheel would look good and besides i really like the oem wheel, so i cancelled the order and bought a brand new carbon blade TRD wing instead!

/QUOTE]

Good, that wooden wheel was bloody awful!

Couple of updates to bring people upto date..

My TRD wing arrived 😁

Its the half carbon one (fibreglass legs with a carbon blade and carbon end caps)

Slight issue though, the blade has arrived damaged 😔

Theres a good 2 or 3 inch crack through it and it appears to have split on one of the edges so i am slightly disappointed.

The seller is actively trying to sort it out though currently and has put in a complaint to the postal service so hopefully he'll soon be sending me a replacement

On a better note i had an A3 print done of my car. Its a picture taken by a guy whos business name is VagRoots.

It was taken at Gravity show last year and im pretty damn pleased with it!

Il be finding a prime location to hang it in my house once i have it framed... and when i finally get my house finished and move in!!

Edited by HarleyFDMD (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Been alittle while since i have updated with any progress so before i get too far behind i suppose i best get some pics up!

Firstly, my replacement carbon TRD blade arrived. The legs are currently being painted 202 and i should have them back within the next couple of days or so.

I also bought some Yokohama AD08Rs for the rear in 295 30 18. Got these for an absolute steal as they have been fitted and driven on for 50 miles prior to me purchasing them.

I removed the main hoop from my rollcage in preparation for having a harness bar welded in.

I bought all the individual pieces, notched ends, seamless bar, sleeves and strengthening plates and have taken the whole lot down to a welder/fabricator who will have it all done in a couple of days.

Pulled out my old carpet which was just an oem grey one dyed black that i had unfortunately butchered the first time i fitted my cage.

Its replacement is an oem facelift black carpet that i will be significantly more careful with!!

Also picked up a spare front bumper... (say no more)

Yokohamas fitted to my 10j rears

As you can see the fitment is perfect (if your into that sort of thing)

I havnt yet given it a proper road test but i have since raised the back up slightly just to give it that bit of extra clearance. My arches are already rolled.

But as quickly as i got the tyres fitted and wheels on... i then took them all off again. Much against the advice of everyone whom i spoke to, i decided to get the wheels powder coated black. I just really dont like the gold.. its too much and think it detracts from the overall look of the car.

So the wheels will be completely gloss black including the rim.. however i have bought gold rivets to break up the blackness slightly.. along with the TRD spoiler this is the look i am aiming for:

Other than that its just been the usual stuff of cleaning, polishing and waxing lol.. oh and organising my turbo bits and pieces neatly under my bed!!

Boxes of goodies looks like its about to get some power added :cool:

I agree with the black centres on the rims too, its not really that theyre gold, its the colour shade thats wrong, it will look mean in black, before i got my 531's, I had black on black split Gewalts it looked a hell of alot more aggressive than the Elton John look it has now haha