The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harleys new progress blog from the start. My Na 5

HarleyFDMD

Ok lol what il do it fit them and take some pictures.

I have already been talking with a company that will powder coat the centres shadow chrome though then id fit gold rivets and wheels bolts

/QUOTE]

Looking well dude! The wheels will look better shadow chrome. I'm not a fan of gold wheels myself, but gold hardware usually looks good on them. Although, I don't think it's possible to change the bolts/rivets on the XXR's as they're just fake? I think I'm going to pull the trigger myself today on a set of Enkei RPF1, sure why not. lol

It'll be interesting to see the fitment on your front wheels!

Good job on the rocker cover, once it's flattened and lacquered it'll be perfect :)

Looking well dude! The wheels will look better shadow chrome. I'm not a fan of gold wheels myself, but gold hardware usually looks good on them. Although, I don't think it's possible to change the bolts/rivets on the XXR's as they're just fake? I think I'm going to pull the trigger myself today on a set of Enkei RPF1, sure why not. lol

It'll be interesting to see the fitment on your front wheels!

Good job on the rocker cover, once it's flattened and lacquered it'll be perfect :)

Thanks man, iv checked and the rivets are removable on my wheels. They are basically just nuts and bolts.

Tbh i dont think the front wheels are going to fit lol, il probably end up sending them back and getting the 8.5j.

Enkies are awesome wheels man! I dont know what model they are but i like the dished 5 spoke Enkies that have split spokes

Sooo.. front wheels dont fit lol.

Kinda expected it i guess but was just putting it to the back of my mind.

The rear wheels fit perfect, its just the fronts that stick out too far due to me having to use spacers to clear the calipers.

I could over come it by stretching a 235 35 tyre on there, that would more than likely get it under the arch but it defeats the object of me changing wheels in the first place!

The gold also looks ok, better than i expected but im still going to get them done in shadow chrome anyway.

rota wheels looked so much better! new wheels are hideous

good build never the less looks clean as fook

Haha thank you, i liked the rotas too but the sizes and offsets wernt practical for my needs.

These will be nicer once iv toned them down by getting the gold spokes powder coated shadow chrome

Car looks awesome dude. Shame about the front wheels not fitting. Wasn't expecting you to be going for 600bhp!

Thanks man, yeah it is abit annoying but easily over come. Il just buy the 8.5j's. 10j fronts would have been nice but its obviously not possible with these particular wheels.

Haha 600bhp was never my initial plan. It was just supposed to be a budget na t build when i first started, then one thing led to another and now i have a fully built GTE cylinder head, precision turbo kit, 1000cc injectors and an R154 im picking up soon.

Its going to be a bloody steep learning curve when i first get behind the wheel thats for sure!

Is it a 10j ET25 on the rear? What sized tyres? Send me some fitment pics :) I'll be going 10j et38 but need to see what size spacers I need.

/QUOTE]

Yeah 10j et25 with a 265 35 18 tyre.

The fitment is pretty much perfect for me. I have about 5mm clearance from the arch (rolled arches though)

If you have et38 your going to want a 10mm spacer. That'll give you roughly 8mm clearance from the edge of the arch if you have rolled arches. Mine is also pretty low.

Il get some pics tomorrow

Yeah 10j et25 with a 265 35 18 tyre.

The fitment is pretty much perfect for me. I have about 5mm clearance from the arch (rolled arches though)

If you have et38 your going to want a 10mm spacer. That'll give you roughly 8mm clearance from the edge of the arch if you have rolled arches. Mine is also pretty low.

Il get some pics tomorrow

/QUOTE]

Cheers! Might go 15 or 20 then, fitment is important to me lol

Cheers! Might go 15 or 20 then, fitment is important to me lol

/QUOTE]

10j with a et15 offset will be pretty aggressive.

My old rotas were 10j et12.

Et15 would sit 3mm further in.

I was using a stretched 235 tyre with abit of negative camber here along with my rolled arches.

Looked good but was impractical as far as grip was concerned. A 235 is too narrow for the back of a supra. Even an Na

Et20 will be ok providing you have rolled arches. You should be able to get a proper sized tyre on there aswell.

It will be close though.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the correct size wheels and got them fitted!

10j et25 rears

8.5j et25 fronts + 15mm hubcentric spacers

265 35 18 rear tyres (Falken)

225 40 18 front tyres (Pirelli)

The fitment is exactly as i wanted, flush with the arch and with no stretched tyres.

Please bare in mind if your reading this and want to do the same that my arches front and rear have been rolled completely flat and that this wouldnt be possible without doing that first.

Im undecided about what to do about the colour though.

I quite like like the gold i guess but also think satin silver or shadow chrome with gold outer rivets would look good/better.

Everyone so far has said keep them gold but i cant help think that maybe now there is too much gold on the car? I only ever wanted to have subtle gold accents and theres quite afew black supras out there with gold wheels that are a very similar style to mine...

its all about being a little bit different.

To be completely honest all i keep thinking is that after my fuck up with sizes (i now have 6 of these wheels!) Iv spent £1000...

£1000 would have been a nice down payment on a new set of Work sp1 3 piece splits... bollocks.

I have no idea what im doing tbh lol

Atleast the cars back in the garage now clean and dry.

• Like 1

I like them gold mate. Really nice wheels and colour suits well.

Can you not return the 2 incorrect wheels? Where did you get them from?

Would they have still fit over the brakes at the front without the spacers? I'm wondering how flush with the arches they would be without the extra 15mm?

/QUOTE]

I can only return one of the wheels because the other one i have mounted a tyre to and then tightened against the car which inevitably has removed the paint from inside the lug nut holes.

Im going to just advertise them for sale on here when i get round to it.

Yes they would fit over UK spec calipers without the spacers i think,

Theyd just sit 15mm further into the arch without the spacers which would be inevitable without rolled arches

Picked up a nice little something tonight..

An R154 with prop and associated bits and pieces.

The box needs a rebuild because its whining but i got it for a very good price so all is well.

Im going to have it rebuilt with a complete Marlim Crawler package so itll be a fully built box once its finished... i actually think this is a better route than a V160/1.