The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harleys new progress blog from the start. My Na 5

HarleyFDMD

James informed me that keron had the same turbo kit he was using on the shelf at extreme performance.

I had delt with keron before and bought quite alot from him, mostly interior parts.

Hes a gem that luckily is only half hour down the road from me and has helped me hugely with getting my car upto scratch.

I called him up and confirmed exactly what the kit consisted of:

Precision 6266 gen1

Precision 46mm wastegate

4" downpipe

Oil feed and drian

Fuel lab fuel pressure regulator

ARP turbo studs

Cast manifold (which i sold due to it being for a gte)

All of this was brand new and originally from titan motorsports.

I left a deposit on it all and after a month or so id paid it off and collected it.

Its probably worth mentioning that afew months prior i had actually bought a basic turbo kit for it but it was all ebay stuff and i decided to sell it shortly after.

This was definitely not cheap ebay shit and my na t build was under way.

My plans were for a low comp na t build using quality parts and aiming for around 450bhp

I had the turbo kit, i had already uprated the clutch and i bought a set of ARP head studs from james along with a greddy emanage ultimate piggyback from another club member.

I bought another ge cylinder head and started piecing bits together.

I found some RX7 550cc injectors and I also picked up a very nice front facing intake and 90mm Q45 throttle body and GTE cam covers.

James welded on some AN fittings onto the cam covers and the throttle body flange onto the plenum

Edited by HarleyFDMD (see edit history)

The Tuesday after Gravity was due to be the hottest day of the year so far so i decided to take the supra to work. Something i never do but because it was lovely weather and the car was glistening after being on show i thought id treat myself...

I regretted that decision.

A notoriously short slip road, early morning and bright sunshine was a cocktail for disaster.. but my fault none the less.

Luckily i was only travelling at about 40mph and the actual impact speed was probably under 20mph, either way it made a mess.

I just remember sitting there looking through the windscreen at my crumpled bonnet in the middle of the A1 at rush hour.

I literally could have cried

Luckily it was only cosmetic, both inner wings were still perfectly straight.

That was a huge relief!

Edited by James
Swearing (see edit history)
  • Sad 1

I took the car straight home and blagged work saying i had bad whip lash (i didnt) i just wanted time to get things sorted and so took 3 days off.

Luckily with the weather being nice this made things slightly more bearable

I think i must have tucked under the BMW

This was everything that i damaged:

Edited by James
Swearing (see edit history)
  • Sad 1

The rebuild started.

I wasnt taking any short cuts here.. if it was broken it got replaced.

I bought brand new oem facelift headlights along with headlight brace and slam panel with all the fixings for the bumper etc

I then sourced a good bumper, bonnet and air ducting.

I also bought a brand new polyurethane RMM V2 lip and facelift indicators for the bumper.

My carbon skinned wings were undamaged in the accident but i replaced them anyway, there was a couple of small blemishes in them that annoyed me so i took the opportunity to just have a complete new front end including wings which i rolled completely flat on the inside to allow more room for wide tyres (my rears were already rolled by the previous owner)

Treated her to an SRD undertray to say sorry

• Like 1

I had a deadline to meet.

Id be accepted into a show called RollHard and had 4 weeks to get the car back to where is was.. or better

The paint took the longest amount of time. The bodyshop i use is very busy because they are very good.

Usually a minimum of a 6 week wait.

I begged them to get it done and they came through with it in the nick of time.

I literally got it finished the night before the show!

Wiring for the facelift indicators

Took a little bit of measuring here and there but i finally got all the panel gaps equal and correct

Once id finished she actually looked better than ever!

It was a shame it happened but she definitely came out the other side fresher and cleaner.

Every cloud and all.

• Like 1

Next stop.. RollHard.

I had just purchased my first house at this time.

The misses wanted a 3 bed close to the town centre.

I wanted a garage.

She got her 3 bedrooms and i got my garage, happy faces all round!

I got the garage cleared out and after RollHard the supra was tucked away for afew weeks.

The whole drama with the accident scared me to be quite honest and i just needed time away from it all now it was fixed.

• Like 1

It wasnt long before it was back out though.. or though nowadays it only comes out for special occasions.

I used to drive it as often as possible but now i have a garage i like the fact its locked away and the worry is gone.

Two shows left for the year were Players and Trax.

Both were great shows and i was accepted into prime locations for each.

Gravity i was inside the VIP hanger

• Like 1

Since then not much has changed with the car.

I have a Gary England made gauge pod with defi gauges to fit and also a harness bar.

As far as my turbo build is concerned iv turned that on its head.

I went to collect an oem black carpet from a member on here as mine was grey that id dyed black and found he was stripping his entire car.. a 750bhp single 6.

The block was dead but the cylinder head was mint.

I ended up leaving a deposit and a couple weeks later went back and collected it..

GTE cylinder head with brian crower springs and titanium retainers

Brian crower cams and whifbitz adjustable pulleys.

I also got the gte engine loom and have bought new oem coil packs and clips and 1000cc fic injectors through future motorsport.

All of a sudden my turbo build has stepped up a notch!

My garage door was also in need of repair so i built a new one.

• Like 1

And then finally we get to present day!

I liked my current wheels but they just wont be practical for a 600bhp supra.

(600 is my target figure now)

The rear were 10j but the +12 offset just ment they were too aggressive and i was running a stretched 235 just to keep them under the arch..

Im not taking any chances anymore and i want the car to be right.

It doent take a motorsport genius to know a stretched 235 tyre on a 600hp car is suicide.

So the rotas were sold last weekend.

Eventually i will buy some CCWs or WORKS or something along those lines but right now i just cant afford the 3k+ price tag.

I settled on a set of XXR521s

Rears are 18x10 et25

Front will be 18x10 et35 with a 15mm spacer to clear the calipers

Unfortunately they only come in gold in those sizes which im not overly keen on. I think itll just be abit much so im going to have the gold painted silver or gunmetal and then buy gold rivets

And thats my story so far!!

I will make sure to keep this updated regularly. From now on the posts will also be more detailed in exactly what im doing.

• Like 1

Looking well dude! It's certainly come on leaps and bounds. You were mad to get rid of the OEM bumper and lip for the top secret one!

I'd love to get pressed plates/plate surrounds again but I was warned by the police that the next time I'm stopped for a number plate violation they're taking my plate off me which would incur me paying an £80 transfer fee. Might still be worth it though. Can they do that?!

I have been warned by the police once but i didnt change them.

You'll find alot of police dont know the laws regarding imports and import plates.

I did however get a £100 fine once for not displaying a front plate atall

Threw my gauge cluster in temporarily today to see what its going to look like.

I like it but ideally i want black gauges.

Think il eventually buy some analog AEM ones

Also picked up another heater control panel to have a play with.

I did notice they are slightly different though, the fonts anyway.

Could someone tell me why? Possibly custom?

Still got my oem black carpet to fit and heres also afew pictures of my harness bar. (Not finished yet, still need to fit the support legs)

Cant wait to get my new wheels painted and fitted! Really hate having the car outside but i have no choice atm

Edited by HarleyFDMD (see edit history)

Picked up a GTE spark plug cover.

It needs a little bit of work but itll look good once iv finished with it.

Also got a clear cam pulley cover.

My vision is to have a highly polished engine with HKS purple accents sitting in a smooth tucked black bay.

I have a purple turbo velocity stack and have just ordered some HKS purple paint for the spark plug cover..

Il also be using HKS cam pulleys and a HKS rail and any other nice purple bits and pieces i come across without making it look tacky.

The pictures show my quick mock up on my spare GE head. The actual build will be done on my GTE head

Nice read mate

Great looking Supra you have here bud, look forward to seeing with the new wheels on...

You need to paint the floor and walls in that garage and stick some lights up in there !

Thank you, yeah the garage is definitely on my list of things to do, im going to re concrete the floor so its nice and smooth before painting it. Im also in the process of putting power in there