The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not happy with recent MOT station visit!

supra_24

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did it fail on emissions? or the fact no cat was fitted?

As far as i'm aware, the new(ish) rules say that if the car originally came from the factory with a cat fitted then it has to be present for the MOT. Regardless of whether it passes emotions or not.

It does say on facebook that it failed for 'no cat'.

Either way i'd be fuming. I'd probably be annoyed if he'd posted pics of my car for a positive reason let alone what he's written. At least without asking first anyway :no:

The fail on emissions is fair enough. But the comments towards a paying customer. Disgusting, id keep proof for the long run and confront them and let them know you wont be going back. Not even for the retest.

The page has been screenshot and backed up. All info has now been passed onto the relevant parties. After which I will then be having a chat.

Pre 94 registration is a non cat test.

NA is a non cat test

Turbo'd wether uk or jap is a cat test.

I'm 100% certain on that, as it's been discussed on here many times :/

According to what I can see now I know his car is a 93 then it should definitely be a non cat test.

I'm confused as to where the turbo or non turbo thing comes into it? Is it because there's no 2jzge engine code listed but there is a 2jzgte listed? Surely though because it was registered in 93 as an NA then that's a non cat test whatever happens?

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

Your VIN plate has 2JZ-GE on it not 2JZ-GTE so you might be able to argue your case (despite you actually having a 2JZGTE!)

Might be better to try another MOT station and be up front and try and get them to agree the non cat test before the test starts?

Your VIN plate has 2JZ-GE on it not 2JZ-GTE so you might be able to argue your case (despite you actually having a 2JZGTE!)

Might be better to try another MOT station and be up front and try and get them to agree the non cat test before the test starts?

Yea this is your best bet.

Either way mels garage should be ashamed

Looks like they've taken the post down now.

Looks as though they have. Well I will be speaking to them soon. All relevant info has been backed up, even if it has been removed.

Not only have they been unprofessional in this matter, they have undermined myself and my car on a public site.

I will let you know the outcome.

Just a quick update.

I was advised to review Mels Motors and after doing so, I was sent an apology from the company below, where a free MOT and CAT fitting was offered, which is appreciated. I have however advised them that my current mechanic will be sorting the car out for me ready for MOT.

Mels motors apology.png

Because people can clone cars, probably unlikely on a sup! Also just put the plate on a stolen and then speeding tickets come through your door? Don't know if that is still possible.

That could happen when you're driving round town, or parked at the shops? I never understood why people get so fired up about it.

An apology, with a side order of a veiled threat about coppers. :) It's worded in a way to get you worried, not as a friendly tip-off. He could argue to the contrary, so it's absolutely not worth pursuing. Just learn from the experience, and move on.

Just think, all of this could of been avoided with a phonecall. Glad you sorted it out over facebook like true men however.

Ah yes, because sorting something out over the platform where it was originally posted truly is lacking manliness. :p