The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD - Single Turbo Precision 6466 Gen2 Upgrade - 750rwhp

Sheefa

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Wanted to keep this thread going with some more updates to keep track of all parts replaced and further modifications.

Firstly, don't think I ever posted the dyno video whilst car wasn't being mapped by SRD at Abbey Motorsport so here it is.....stays on boost for an age :D

So quick few changes completed over the last month or so.

Replacemed by Boostlogic Crank Pulley for a new Fluidampr one. Nothing wrong with the old crank pulley and it was fully dampened which I actually wasn't aware of, but wanted to be on the safe side and got the Fluidampr at a great price. Thanks to Littlenum aka James for sorting this for me at his unit. We also stripped the PS pump, reservoir and lines as I was having a small PS leak somewhere near the bottom of reservoir. It turned out to be a weeping o-ring seal on the bottom of reservoir which is now all sorted :) It was doing my nut in! Thanks James. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=216798&stc=1&d=1485988709

attachment.php?attachmentid=216799&stc=1&d=1485988709

Also fitted my nice carbon engine bay Boxes thanks to Drift_Bear no MKiVGaz. They look great and only needed minor modifying needed to fit single setup even with aftermarket inlet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=216800&stc=1&d=1485989079

Have nearly completed refurbishing my UK rear brakes with new pads, seals, pistons and discs, just need to touch up the paint, refit and bleed system.

attachment.php?attachmentid=216801&stc=1&d=1485989190

I have then been going to town on the Suspension Components over the last few weeks to remove any traces of surface rust and protect everything against future corrosion with Hammerite black, Hammerite Waxoyl and ACF-50 spray. Having a garage is a god send and most of it is insulated so there's no moisture in the air. I have a couple of giant turbofan heaters in there too. Pics of work in progress, still a lot to do two corners remaining.

attachment.php?attachmentid=216802&stc=1&d=1485989380

attachment.php?attachmentid=216803&stc=1&d=1485989380

Getting there, one corner sorted and protected. Happy with overall result.

attachment.php?attachmentid=216804&stc=1&d=1485989595

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

As with all things car related, you start off one job and then run into another which wipes out all your time! Exhibit A. I began stripping all the arch lining trim, fuel tank guard, exhaust guard and other bits and noticed my Diff cooler wasn't in the best of conditions. Given I had a nice new OS Gilken Racing Diff fitted I wanted to ensure this was perfect so began refurbing and removing all rust, protecting etc.

Before picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=216807&stc=1&d=1485989883

After Pictures:

attachment.php?attachmentid=216805&stc=1&d=1485989821

attachment.php?attachmentid=216806&stc=1&d=1485989821

Happy with the end result.

Then it was on to the various covers, half way through taking this one carefully back to metal with a Dremel and Compressor Die Grinder removing all the surface rust and will protect fully with zinc paint and Hammerite once imperfections removed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=216808&stc=1&d=1485990058

I'm going to be overhauling everything I possibly can over the next 2 months and getting right under the chassis to remove any rust and under seal. Plenty to keep me busy.

Fitted a Whifbitz Carbon Cooling Slam panel too which is a lovely piece of kit and finishes the bay of fresh nicely.

More updates to follow.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Nice work!

Where does your cam cover breather go?

Hidden catch tank somewhere?

I used to have a nice shiny catch tank but removed it after recent upgrades.

I think it uses an oil separator somewhere underneath but not entirely sure. I'll check later.

Well done for getting stuck in mate, I've not even had a chance to look at mine yet but these pics will certainly help when the time finally comes :)

Thanks mate, just took my time and all worked out ok!

Update - just bought full set of OEM rear suspension components - all control arms with new bolts and fixings etc. Eye watering cost but TCB did a great deal. Plan is to take my time treating and protecting them before fitting sometime next winter. Came in at just under £2k landed to U.K. from Japan.

Thanks mate. Just the UK specs I think. Not really needed unless you're doing hard track use but it's there and functioning so wanted to clean it up properly.

/QUOTE]

#UKSPECFTW :D

To be honest it just another extra bit of weight we have to lug around lol

• 4 months later...

Quick update:

Found the cause of my clutch woes. A circlip had popped out en route home a year ago after clutch install which explained the issues getting it into gear on drive. Tried various things over the year and endless adjustment etc but all in all in vain. Lee at SRD has been great about everything and cannot thank him enough. Just gutted clutch was FUBARd especially as engagement was actually perfectly fine bizarrely. Going down OS Giken Twin route now getting it fitted by Littlenum as local to me shortly. Heavier pedal feel but I squat so should be fine ;-)

* Fuel shield all refurbed and fitted.

* Rear UK brakes fully refurbed and fitted.

* Currently protecting all new rear suspension ready to fit in August time.

* Received my nice new rear mounts made by a member on here. They look great and can use OEM bushes too.

* Tim at TB Developments will be adapting my exhaust to remove 3" restriction too with titanium welding so I can run 3.5" straight through and push for more power in September!

Oh and my little girl is in love with the car so doubtful I'll ever be allowed to sell anytime soon (great excuse to the Mrs anyway!)

Got a few ideas in the pipeline too.....imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage