The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

Been a while since I posted on the build. Wish I could say I have been out enjoying the car, but alas I haven't, its been sat in the garage since Bournmouth wheels and hasn't even been cleaned since, let alone moved :blink:

However, this doesn't mean the car hasn't been in my mind, and along with the battery cover, battery case, plenum, badges, and throttle body I now have some more engine bay parts to fit.

I managed to pick up a nice mirror polished top water neck, (going against my no polished parts theme) but I couldn't not, as it was a great price and think it will tie in nice with the rad and top radiator hard pipe.

I also purchased a nice carbon radiator shroud cover, not the wifbitz shroud I wanted, but for now should tidy up the bay a little more for this year until the winter. Needs a good flat and polish and I may get it re-lacquered yet depending on how it comes up.

I have a show next month booked, and obviously the S'Club party, so between now and then I intend to get some of these above parts fitted.

That is it for now, not the most exciting update but an update none the less.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212895&stc=1&d=1466851306

attachment.php?attachmentid=212896&stc=1&d=1466851306

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carbon rad shroud fitted today, Had to use the dremel to cut a small section out to allow for the OEM rad shroud bracket to clear, also drilled a couple of holes to make sure its bolted securely instead of just stuck in place. Rather pleased as it also polished up nice and doesn't require a new clear coat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212930&stc=1&d=1467030557

attachment.php?attachmentid=212931&stc=1&d=1467030557

attachment.php?attachmentid=212932&stc=1&d=1467030557

attachment.php?attachmentid=212933&stc=1&d=1467030557

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

Nice jake. If you're as fussy as me I would get the correct silicon reducer off the throttle body and paint the inlet and tb too:) who is the car officially sponsored by?

Thanks mate

The silicone is correct, as my pipe work steps up to a 3" from a 2.5" so it requires a 3" the whole way. Long term I'm going to get a new FMIC with 3" all the way.

New inlet and TB is sat ready to go on too :) Smoothed and painted :) Just haven't got around to doing it as you have to reset the TPS etc a member has kindly offered to help with that so I have to fit around him.

Here is a picture of some of the bits from a previous post-

attachment.php?attachmentid=210299&stc=1&d=1458834719

Car is Sponsored by a small detailing company called 'Shadow Sport' :)

I see what Jake means now. He is right it just looks like it isn't right that's all. Would look better if he trimmed the silicon back but then might not be enough room for the clamps

I could trim it a bit more, but thought it looked a tad better Un cut as there is a slight discolouration around the weld of the set up to 3". Maybe I will try trimming a spare if the general consensus would think it looks tidier.

• 2 weeks later...

So nothing exciting but gave the car a quick wash and a wipe over ready for wroxall abbey this weekend.

Been getting a bit negative recently as the car isnt getting much use, my last 2 shows have been cancelled, and my mate I normally go driving with still has his car in bits. Have taken it out a couple of times in the last week just to give it some use but nothing properly. Just got to hope the weather holds for this weekend other wise im taking my daily.

attachment.php?attachmentid=213261&stc=1&d=1468413842

attachment.php?attachmentid=213264&stc=1&d=1468413842

attachment.php?attachmentid=213262&stc=1&d=1468413842

attachment.php?attachmentid=213263&stc=1&d=1468413842

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

Wroxall abbey weekend just gone, was a brilliant weekend, best event of the year so far. Got to catch up with lots of people and bought a couple of bits.

Today's plan was to clean it, but the weather is stupidly hot today and don't relish the idea, so did a little bit of work in the garage and fitted some more shiny bits, and I'm calling that it for now unless it gets cooler.

attachment.php?attachmentid=213377&stc=1&d=1468843552

attachment.php?attachmentid=213378&stc=1&d=1468843552

attachment.php?attachmentid=213379&stc=1&d=1468843552

attachment.php?attachmentid=213380&stc=1&d=1468843552

attachment.php?attachmentid=213381&stc=1&d=1468843552

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0570.jpg

I had a good look at it at Wroxhall, very nicely done :thumbs: looks great!

Thanks homer :) Did you recognise the wheels?

Yea looked brilliant at wroxall. It was good to meet you.

Thanks buddy, good meeting you too. Sure we will meet at another event in the future. Hopefully you have made progress with your issues?

So a small update, I have sent a small piece off of the plenum to the body shop to be painted black, also sent my spark plug cover off to be re-done again as the paint had reacted for some reason, so that is getting re-done. Also sent my stock supra Airfix model off with it all to be painted the the same lexus blue :D

However after seeing the plug cover go to the shop today, typically a carbon one just popped up for sale so bought that too :D so will now have a choice once I have them both here.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

So bit of a disappointment today, weather is bad so car jobs were a no go but the carbon spark plug cover rocked up, gave it a clean and removed the stickers and went to fit.....AND..... the carbon is a different colour :( long term i will sell this one, but not untill i find a replacment in the correct shade of carbon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=213594&stc=1&d=1469708917

attachment.php?attachmentid=213595&stc=1&d=1469708917

attachment.php?attachmentid=213596&stc=1&d=1469708917

DSC_0592.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

So I have invested in some carbon products,and material so I can hopefully have a go at making some of my own custom carbon bits. Got a few ideas planed so keep watch.

She also has her first mot in my ownership on Wednesday, so nice excuse to take it for a trip back to my home turf on the Isle of Wight. Fingers crossed she passes