Applecross Invasion 2015 (21/08-23/08) loading....99%

SPG

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got a holiday yesterday for the Wednesday as I was off the Thursday Friday !!! now I doubt I will be able to go now its changed to the weekend

Sorry about that mate, it was said on the 14th we were looking again at the dates. Is there no way to cancel the Wednesday and swap it for the weekend?

I myself need a dayshift and 2 nightshifts off for this.

Chances of getting a weekend of in august is rather slim bud I will see on tuesday

Hopefully you can get the weekend off bud, apologies for changing the goal posts, but I reckon the weekend will suit most.

I'm in, I'm in Dornie this coming weekend so will book my accommodation for those dates. :)

Glad to hear it :), and can your good lady attend once also? :thumbs:

Glad you got booked up Graham.

Gordy, the b&b mentioned above in dornie is right across from the camp site and there are 1 or 2 more in dornie should you need one.

The 2nd night the Skyewalker hostel is actually in portnalong on Skye. Carbost is a 7 min drive away and has more accommodation options but for your and I'm thinking Scott's info (if traveling with your full family Scott) there is a hotel in portnalong, £45 pppn.

And taigh ailean hotel

http://www.taighailean.scot/

I thought I would share some details of what is being looked at attraction wise on Skye at the moment.

We have the option of traveling to Elgol for a power boat ride through the cullin mountains and spotting wildlife, including seals, occasional dolphins and sometimes even whales/ whale sharks.

The trip is £28 per head and the boat takes 12.

There are other options additionally being arranged that will include a more laid back tourist attraction involving a walk to get to it; namely the fairy pools or old Man of storr.

The boat trip takes about 1 & 1/2 hours and details on it can be found here;

http://aquaxplore.co.uk/index.shtml

A show of interest would be helpful to deside if we go ahead and book this as the price would be added to the deposit taken in for bookings before we go.

It can be an optional extra as if we go ahead with it but not everyone wants to go, they are free to use their time as they wish for a few hours. Personally I think it looks great.

(From their website)

TRIP 2) ISLE OF SOAY, CUILLIN MOUNTAINS & SEALS

(duration c. 1 ½ hours)

For visitors with less time - an exhilarating, fun trip for wildlife and sightseeing -

Visit Prince Charles' Cave, then on to the Isle of Soay looking out for basking sharks, dolphins, sea-eagles and porpoises as we travel along. Pause to view Gavin Maxwell's old Basking Shark Station (tidal restrictions sometimes apply) before sailing on into the heart of the dramatic Cuillin mountains. Visit the resident colony of harbour (or common) seals hauled out on the rocks in this stunning setting. Then see Camasunary and Glen Scaladale on the return trip to Elgol.

TRIP TIMES: Morning (10.30am) Afternoon (From 12.15pm)

NB: Please telephone prior to the day of your trip to confirm departure times