The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£220 on classic car insurance

rider

That's very cheap, my supra with agreed value was over £300, 53 yrs, full no claims, no points, no accidents decent postcode rating etc

I paid £180 with agreed value on a normal policy last year dunk at 26 with 7 years no claims with Lancaster insurance. Limited miles of course at 4000 per annum.

That's with 1 at fault claim too.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I have just insured my TT Supe with Footman James for............£153 !! well happy I am.Classic car policy,,fully comp,, agreed value,, 2k miles p.a.

I was with Lynbrook but they had just sent me my renewal for over £400 !! I read about Footman James on here so thought I would give them a shout..Glad I did now :)

D

Well... I have just insured my TT Supe with Footman James for............£153 !! well happy I am.Classic car policy,,fully comp,, agreed value,, 2k miles p.a.

I was with Lynbrook but they had just sent me my renewal for over £400 !! I read about Footman James on here so thought I would give them a shout..Glad I did now :)

D

I wonder how much they would increase it by if you wanted 5000 miles pa

I'm just in the process of getting quotes for my impending renewal.

Currently with Adrian Flux on a 3000 per year policy, fully comp with two other named drivers. 1996 facelift 6 spd Single Turbo Supra with agreed value of 18k.

No voluntary excess.

Renewal from Adrian Flux is £584.

Sky quote is £550.

I have no points on my licence, no accidents, no impending prosecutions and 10+ years no claims bonus.

Quote includes SDP and commuting. NCB protection, legal etc...

I thought Sky's quote wasn't too bad.

I'm just in the process of getting quotes for my impending renewal.

Currently with Adrian Flux on a 3000 per year policy, fully comp with two other named drivers. 1996 facelift 6 spd Single Turbo Supra with agreed value of 18k.

No voluntary excess.

Renewal from Adrian Flux is £584.

Sky quote is £550.

I have no points on my licence, no accidents, no impending prosecutions and 10+ years no claims bonus.

Quote includes SDP and commuting. NCB protection, legal etc...

I thought Sky's quote wasn't too bad.

How old are you? You can pm if you want. I'm not trying to be rude just trying to see what mine will be when I turn 25 I'm hoping it drops alot.

Took out a policy today with Footman James, went up to £354 all in because I increased the agreed value sum insured and added the front lip I just fitted and also an aftermarket air filter. Don't know how it increased the price by £70, but I can't complain as they were very helpful, very quick responding to emails and £200 cheaper than I could get elsewhere.

I'm 25 with 6 points, and 2 accidents in the last 5 years (one non-fault and one theft that went down as a fault claim unfortunately).

A year on I'm going to be increasing the agreed value on the insurance from £12k to £16k to take account of the strong rise in prices for TT6's that has continued over the last 12 months. I'll post what the new premium is when I have the insurance arranged. Also of note is that it is uneconomical to add the Supra to a multi car classic policy. So its going to remain on a stand alone 3,000 mile limit policy.

Competition Car Insurance were unbeatable again this year for my black 2000 TT6.

£379 fully comp on 4000 mile restriction

Car is full BPU with every other mod declared.

I rang them up today and got a price with them £530.xx fully comp with 2000miles restrictions.

I aint taken the policy out because when I spoke to them, them don't do agreed value. Its only like for like :(

So from the sounds of things I might try Sky and Adrian flux since they do agree values

So from the sounds of things I might try Sky and Adrian flux since they do agree values

Get quotes from Hegerty and Chaucer who are two of the main classics insurers that both have excellent customer service reviews. I have the three cars on a multi car classic policy with Hegerty and the Supra on a separate classic car policy with Chaucer, all on agreed value.

• 1 month later...

Just had the dreaded insurance hunt my self. Competition car insurance wouldnt insure me on the basis you need to be 25, footman james wouldnt insure the car as they said it had to be 20 years old and lynbrook were unable to insure me either.

got a superb quote from sky insurance, from a guy Luke who was superb. £700 fully comp, protected no claims, excess half of what my previous insurer was, legal cover and windscreen cover :thumbs:

23 years old, 5 years no claims, 1 none fault claim. 98 RZ 6 speed

My insurance was renewed today.

I went with sky again, as I think they're a good company to deal with - been with them on and off for years.

35 years old, 10 years ncb, clean licence, 4k miles, with an agreed value of £16k - with every single mod declared on my single auto.

I've paid £640 fully comp

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed my renewal, one year on:

Quotes: £18,000 agreed value (up £6k on last year)

Hegerty £311 (2,000 miles)

Equity Red Star £263 (2,000 miles)

LV Classic Car £237 (5,000 miles)

Footman - sent email but never responded

Decided to go with the LV quote.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just switched to Footman James on a classic car policy. 2 years NCB, 5000 annual mileage, 5 track days, clean license, 26 years old and I've never made a claim (I have 8 years now on my daily).

Only down side is it's an NA-T which means heavily modded. Came in at a hair over £600

No one else came close. Perks of NA-T ownership I guess :(