The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1995 black/black build

Guest 1/1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a serious note you could buy a tt from here and transport it over there and use all the parts you have to build your car , this would be the cheapest option i would of thought ,

i think he was right with his first post imho , the wangan supra is no where near needing the restoration this one needs lol

on a serious note you could buy a tt from here and transport it over there and use all the parts you have to build your car , this would be the cheapest option i would of thought ,

i think he was right with his first post imho , the wangan supra is no where near needing the restoration this one needs lol

:D

That's exactly what they started with in the first fast and furious :) busted up NA aero on a trailer.

I know, but considering over here it's going to cost nearly a third of that to have a reliable NA-T, or by the time you get a TT engine, the missing bodyparts and fitted them.... respray..... you're not even going to decimate a BPU for £15k :D

I can paint the car and get all body work done for less than 1,000 u.s. Dollars and engine and transmission will cost me about 5,000 and I have a parts car for all the rest of the parts I need I only payed 2,000 for the car and in the market around me it is worth about 4,000

I can paint the car and get all body work done for less than 1,000 u.s. Dollars and engine and transmission will cost me about 5,000 and I have a parts car for all the rest of the parts I need I only payed 2,000 for the car and in the market around me it is worth about 4,000

Pay the membership and look in the classifieds here...... total up your spend to do this, then compare it to what's on offer over here. I think you'll be a bit gutted by the time you get to your power region and see how much it's cost.

Where are you buying these parts from? Decent TT's go for around 30-40k in the US, do they not? To that end I would assume that you wouldn't get an engine and gearbox for 5k. Have you actually priced this stuff up? You're going to end up with a real headache doing this IMO but best of luck with it. I would definitely get a spreadsheet written up with what you need and the ACTUAL costs, rather than what you think things will cost. Supra parts are expensive, especially OE ones in the US.

£650 for a full respray, should look pretty good once complete :D

As mentioned earlier in the thread, a set of door cards were being sold for $1500 in the states so you need to realistic about what you want to achieve here.

Guest 1/1

I have been pricing things out and I happened to find a wrecked usdm tt car which is really hard to find for cheep, I am deciding if I would want to buy that and if it would be worth it. I am looking at a precision 6262 to put on it but I am not sure if I will be able to find a v160 for cheep enough for me to buy, or I just get a r154 from my friend and put a strong rebuild kit in it what will make it as strong as a v160 if not stronger and for 1/4 the price

Guest 1/1

Shipping over seas is about 1500 just from port to port and then another 1,000 just to get it shipped to my house not including all the paperwork I would have to do to make it legal. The wrecked tt usdm supra I can get for 6,000 and it has pretty much everything I need. Build cost would be about 7-8,000 for buy all the parts I need separate not including paint which I can get done cheep because I made a deal with the guy I bought it from because he is a painter.

I have been pricing things out and I happened to find a wrecked usdm tt car which is really hard to find for cheep, I am deciding if I would want to buy that and if it would be worth it. I am looking at a precision 6262 to put on it but I am not sure if I will be able to find a v160 for cheep enough for me to buy, or I just get a r154 from my friend and put a strong rebuild kit in it what will make it as strong as a v160 if not stronger and for 1/4 the price

That sounds like a better idea to build a better gearbox than the V160, as that can't hold a lot of power. Cheaper is better anyway, if it doesn't work then you keeping doing again. Saves you loads money if you have trouble counting like me.