The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Matt's Red RZ-S 6 Speed 1998 VVTI TT PROJECT THREAD

MATT RR

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice write up so far Matt, car is comiong along nicely. Where did you order those UK Brakes from?

Thanks, I got the brake kit of a member, but they are quite reasonable from Toyota direct if you know someone in the parts department who can give you a bit of discount :)

Going off pictures here, wouldn't it be a good idea to replace all the studs. I did this recently on mine, couldn't find any decent instructions but this will be helpful for people :)

I was thinking that but this one only needed replacing because I drilled it out, the others are all in really good condition, they are covered in copper slip which is why they may look rusty, but they actually cleaned up like brand new :)

• 1 month later...

So the car is off the road for winter maintenance, first job I wanted to do is to take the undersealing a bit further, its had factory underseal, and also been undersealed on import last year but I wanted to take the wheel arch liners out, fuel tank cover etc off and ensure that everything that can be undersealed is covered properly.

last night I got one wheel arch done, with the rest of the job to be finished tonight and over the weekend :) much to the dismay of the wife :D

Anyhow, pics below, thankfully no rust at all behind the arch liners, just a bit grubby:

Before

After

rear drivers side

rear passenger side

Edited by MATT RR (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

A few more bits of maintenance ticked off the list while the car is sorn for the winter, first up I removed the fuel tank cover and had it powder coated to prevent it from rusting to bits (not a bad result for £20), it wasnt bad but more of a prevention rather than cure tactic.

Also I have removed the front bumper and intercooler, I'll be replacing all the silicone hoses with new ones as pictured, I might get the hard pipes powder coated but not decided yet, in the meantime a bit of autosol and elbow grease brought the HKS FMIC up very nicely :)

• 2 weeks later...
I would personally use better clamps mate, Ive had no end of issues with those type of hose clips :(

I also need to underseal, was that a DIY job?

Yeh the underseal was a DIY job, the rest of the car was done on import but not behind the wheel arches :(

I agree on the clamps, contant tension clamps would of been a much better choice but my car has used these clamps since I've had it with no problems, so I thought I would carry on with the same type until I have an issue.....famous last words :)

Thanks mate, if you are after hoses when you get round to it http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/ have set up a club discount code for us which is SUPRA10, the quality is great from what I've seen so far and they are very competitive!

Thanks mate good link to keep for the records as I want new pipes for everything to change them to black :thumbs:

Keep up the great work, car is looking very nice.

Fueal tank cover now back on after powder coating in gloss black, this has actually made quite a difference when you look at the rear of the car as it is visible with the stock rear bumper

sorry about the poor quality photos my phone cam is crap:

• 1 month later...

not bought any pats for he Supra for a while, so got excited when this turned up :)

On a more exciting note I have a brand new stock front bumper on order which should be here in Jan, plan is to color code a type 2 Whifbitz supra front spoiler or something similar :D

cool stock front http://mkivsupras.co.uk/vbb/images/smilies/thumbs-up.gif

still havent seen this mate, do you not attend any meets?

Are you on the Yorkshire Supra FB group?

Ric and Drew are exactly the same lol

come on guys, drive them!

ha ha yeh not been to much just a show last year and that was it, I will be going to more though and yeh Im on the Yorkshire FB group, at the moment the car has no front end on it while im doing some work but it will be back together early in the new year :)

looking forward to seeing yours, love what you have done this last year its looking great!

Edited by MATT RR (see edit history)