Single turbo reccomendations

Tsia

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are running a divided manifold then you want a divided housing, you can run a single scroll housing but will lose the benefits if its a properly tuned manifold.

The issue is when you run a divided (twin scroll) housing on an open (single scroll) manifold, the exhaust energy can heat up and crack the dividing wall on the housing ;)

EDIT: just seen you were looking at an Arnout manifold, in that case you want the single scroll housing unless Arnout changed his manifold design.

I have gone with the .84 so would be interesting to compare the spool and power difference at same boost levels. Did you get the SP or HP housing?

I got the H type compressor housing Gpro. Will indeed be interesting to compare dyno graphs. Did you go for a 6870 with a divided turbine housing?

If you are running a divided manifold then you want a divided housing, you can run a single scroll housing but will lose the benefits if its a properly tuned manifold.

The issue is when you run a divided (twin scroll) housing on an open (single scroll) manifold, the exhaust energy can heat up and crack the dividing wall on the housing ;)

EDIT: just seen you were looking at an Arnout manifold, in that case you want the single scroll housing unless Arnout changed his manifold design.

Was looking at, but I'm going with a tubular divided.

This is the setup required to run a QSV however (open manifold, divided turbine housing).

This is the setup required to run a QSV however (open manifold, divided turbine housing).

I wouldnt bother with a QSV as its something else to go wrong, instead just choose a correctly sized turbo and housing and keep things simple an reliable :)

:thumbs:

So far, I always used divided housings on my turbos .. on the 4 units I have run so far.

I am nothing short of a fool. I went to move the 'empty' box (that was packed full of the foam packaging things) and thought "Damn, that's a heavy...oh I'm an idiot."

It comes with the .88AR housing as standard, my 1.0AR divided was tucked away neatly in another box, BENEATH the box the turbo was in. Sending apology mail to the supplier now. :)

I am nothing short of a fool. I went to move the 'empty' box (that was packed full of the foam packaging things) and thought "Damn, that's a heavy...oh I'm an idiot."

It comes with the .88AR housing as standard, my 1.0AR divided was tucked away neatly in another box, BENEATH the box the turbo was in. Sending apology mail to the supplier now. :)

Haha. Nice mate.

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking into the slightly smaller sizes, likes of the PT5862 & 5858 but Lee advised me not to go smaller the 6262.

My old man has the PT6262 with .58 a/r IIRC which does spool great and that was the first ones produced. I'm sure the newer Gen1' have a slightly better design and spool up, with the Gen2 being even better.

So many choices out there now between Precision, BW and Garrett I've been sitting on what to go for.

• 8 months later...