Single turbo reccomendations

Tsia

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think you would go wrong with either way, if you go cast buy a decent one though. I would go Whifbitz/SRD manifold, they have never been known to crack to date.

I read people say the cast manifold cars don't sound good, I've no experience of that though, just going by what i read on the forums.

It's just finding one that's difficult - can't seem to find a UK supplier for log manifolds anywhere :|

A tubular manifold would allow for further performance increases later on if you wanted to fit a bigger turbo say, you would also have the support of a UK supplier. On the flip side a cast manifold should be the stronger option and at your power goals may give a slight edge in response, although I doubt you would notice any difference.

Personally I'd go with a cast manifold if I was doing it again, I'd probably go with a kit from either Powerhouse Racing or Sound Performance. Note if you do go with a kit from the states, make sure you specify it to fit a RHD Supra (PHR seem to do this not sure about SP) as there can be clearance issues with the RHD steering column.

I don't think you would go wrong with either way, if you go cast buy a decent one though. I would go Whifbitz/SRD manifold, they have never been known to crack to date.

I read people say the cast manifold cars don't sound good, I've no experience of that though, just going by what i read on the forums.

And let's face it, the sound is important :)

Argh, decisions decisions.

Tubular manifolds do sound better, wheny old man changed from his cast log mani to the tubular their was a very noticeable difference in sound. He was runing a cast mani with a T61 back in the day when there was only a handful of singles on the board. The spool was crazy, he still says that it spooled better on the cast them his Boostlogic tubular that's fitted now.

For what your looking for IMO get a cast mani and small size turbo, PT6262 or 60mm BW.

Mines been braced (with a purged weld)and sorted so it wont crack by ptr exhausts the guy who makes the noble units... Its a greddy manifold...and at great setup in my breaking thread :D

Just looking for a manifold on its own to be honest - would you sell that on its own and if so, got any pics? :)

I could do the whole lot .. Greddy mani.wastegate.dei blanket.precision T6765.oil lines.i could do for 2250 i dont think the manifolds much more new... ;)

I'm just after the manifold I'm afraid

Aty the exhaust outlet theirs no difference in sound between a cast or tubular manifold.

So at what point would there be a difference in sound? :S

Remember, if its divided then its a lot more restrictive than undivided, so you normally go slightly bigger, for 600bhp id say thats a bit small.

I think the only option larger would be the T4 Twin Scroll 1.10AR - I take it that'd be the ticket then? :D

Cheers for the help